Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Room 101

Re: Room 101

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy

Also, people driving big 4-wheel drives around London. They take up so much of the road and they are just so unnecessary in the city.
    Here, here (Hear, Hear )

From the "transport" volume of my M.O.G. whinges

People using hand-held mobile phones while driving (has anyone been prosecuted for doing that?)

People driving one year old Jags who park in a Disabled bay , put out their "Blue Badge" then waltz around Tescos doing their shopping - sorry, I can't quite make out your disability lady. Oh sorry, it's a brain and decency disability - I see....

People who park their Golfs or Chelsea tractors (great phrase DB) across two bays at Waitrose. Oh dear. Did I scrape your paint with my keys?

Camber-bleedin-Sands as a place to get two flat tyres - they have to import spares you know.

Cycle paths in Finchley - the Council had a few cans of spare green paint knocking about and must have created the largest number of small-stretch cycle lanes in the country.

BTW I LOVE bendy buses - gives the streets a "Scandanavian" feel.

OT: I hate most vehicles with internal combustion engine. Thinking back to the "fuel shortages" a few years ago, when the stuff does run out (pah to economically recoverable reserves), Mad Max will hold nothing to the carnage that will go on to fill the guzzlers.

Anyone seen the RV1 fuel cell bus between Waterloo and London Bridge via Tate Modern? Quiet - and its exhaust is steam (so I believe). I don't know the numbers, but I guess we will need lots of nuclear to generate the electricity to electrolyse the water to liberate the hydrogen, to power the fuel-cell vehicles to drive our darlings half-a-mile to school. We can't give that up can we?

Gnash, rant, modern life - I'm going away for a few weeks again you'll be pleased to hear. Oh, you didn't realise? :deflated:

Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Clive Long
    << snip >>

People using hand-held mobile phones while driving (has anyone been prosecuted for doing that?)

<< snip >>
    Clive
    Better than that

People who drive at you (they being in the wrong lane) in an open top Merc 500SL (whatever) while using a hand-held mobile phone and parking outside a school on the "DO NOT PARK HERE" area painted in bright yellow to drop off their plump and pampered darling. Then staying to adjust lip-stick. Oh, silly me! I didn't realise that you are so rich that the traffic laws and regulations don't apply to you.

Those new-fangled "blue" head-lamps that don't just dazzle you but seem to burn the back of the retina when you catch them in the rear-view mirror of a trusty 13-year old 1.4 Astra.

Off-peak single rail fare to Oxford = £18.50.

I'll stop now.

M25

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

{ snip a lot of stuff... }

Cycle paths in Finchley - the Council had a few cans of spare green paint knocking about and must have created the largest number of small-stretch cycle lanes in the country.
    It is very strange isn't it? I just don't get the point of these 100-yard cycle lanes, are cyclists expected to just, what, fly or something until they get to the next 100-yard stretch?

Having said that, I've gotta admit that Barnet Council is pretty good on the Green front - they've done a lot of stuff to promote recycling for example.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames
    It is very strange isn't it? I just don't get the point of these 100-yard cycle lanes, .
    100 yards you should be so lucky - bristol has several 2 yard cycle lanes

Thumbs down Re: Room 101

Men and women with short legs in relation to their bodies - especially men and only scrum halves are exempt;
    Tommo on Channel 4 racing;
    That fellow who hosts that dance competition on tv thats on at 6 00 which everyone watches except me (cos of him);
    Christians who smile as they are walking the street, or doing anything! What do they know that I dont, that"s what I want to know..!
    Bouncy dancers;
    Mustard (its awful and what IS the point?)
    Whiskey (its awful and what IS the point?)
    Compulsive talkers (Oh my God - what is going on up there? Answer nothing! Too busy talking)

The Oracle

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames
    I just don't get the point of these 100-yard cycle lanes
    {snip}
    Having said that, I've gotta admit that Barnet Council is pretty good on the Green front - they've done a lot of stuff to promote recycling for example.
    Is recycling where you keep going up and down these 100 yard cycle lanes

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DavidB
    Is recycling where you keep going up and down these 100 yard cycle lanes

Could be - that's got to go in the "Definitions" thread...

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

People who park their Golfs or Chelsea tractors (great phrase DB) across two bays at Waitrose. Oh dear. Did I scrape your paint with my keys?
    Clive Long!! Was that YOU?

Ok I admit, I used to have a Grand Cherokee and before that, one of those enormous 7 seater jobby's but I've seen the light BUT, I would definitely still put all the stupidly sized parking bays into room 101, especially the ones that have pillars, between every two cars!

What's all that about
    The worst of it was, I was driving through a width restriction, with a cycle path on either side of it, when a bloke on a cycle, coming towards me in the opposite direction, decided to drive AT me, using MY bit of road, then he had the cheek, to look at ME, as if 'I' was doing something wrong!

Those new-fangled "blue" head-lamps that don't just dazzle you but seem to burn the back of the retina when you catch them in the rear-view mirror of a trusty 13-year old 1.4 Astra.
    Well I luv em, they look all sparkly, clean and pretty! So, they're OUT again!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Registered User Purple Sparkler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jockey
    Christians who smile as they are walking the street, or doing anything! What do they know that I dont, that"s what I want to know..!
    Ah, now, I can answer that first one. I'm a Christian and I do smile as I walk down the street. It's almost always because of something funny I've read on the forum/a friend's LJ or been sent via e-mail (like the Dares that got posted on the Jokes thread- 'when riding in a lift, gasp dramatically every time the doors open' and that kind of thing). The rest of the time it's just because something (or someone) nice has happened to me and I'm reminiscing about the niceness.

Mustard: The entire point of mustard can be discovered by making Delia Smith's classic vinaigrette, pouring it over some fresh crispy lettuce, and eating the same.

Probably in here already, but if I put 'em in again, maybe they'll b****y well stay in here and off the dance floor?

Sleazes (but it's otherwise been a good night mostly )

Quote Originally Posted by jockey
    No, sorry you can't have all Mustard in here.
    Fair enough with:
    • French mustard (with the exception of Dijon)
    • German mustard (unfall durch technik)
    • American mustard (just pointless)
    but good old English mustard must be saved for the sake of bacon rolls everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by qjohn
    No, sorry you can't have all Mustard in here.
    Fair enough with:
    • French mustard (with the exception of Dijon)
    • German mustard (unfall durch technik)
    • American mustard (just pointless)
    but good old English mustard must be saved for the sake of bacon rolls everywhere.
    I'd have to disagree with you about the German Mustard.

In Germany you have to have something to put on your Bratwurst, and Ketchup doesn't taste the same.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart
    In Germany you have to have something to put on your Bratwurst, and Ketchup doesn't taste the same.
    Good sales opportunity if they could get away with it tasting the same - same stuff, different label. The Germans are clearly not easily fooled

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart
    I'd have to disagree with you about the German Mustard.

And really good grainy German mustard is delicious.

I say stick the American stuff in, along with the French-except-Dijon (because Dijon mustard is my favourite for any food to do with sausages or roast beef), but leave out the German, English and Dijon.

B****y Telewest!!!! - Just signed up for a talk international package, and two days later I can't phone Norway, as their lines to Norway don't work!!!! So - spend more money, get nothing!!

Oh, and pcs that crash all the time, particularly when you have to finish some important work to meet a deadline! (mine)

Slow internet connections.....

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh, I'm having such a c**p day, everything is going wrong, and I've got a job interview in a couple of hours...

Rant over.

I think...

Frustrated Little Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by Little Monkey
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh, I'm having such a c**p day, everything is going wrong, and I've got a job interview in a couple of hours...
    GOT THE JOB!!!!!!

Exceedingly Happy Monkey
    (Part time tutor in Norwegian culture and languages, University of Dundee)

Quote Originally Posted by Little Monkey
    GOT THE JOB!!!!!!

Exceedingly Happy Monkey
    (Part time tutor in Norwegian culture and languages, University of Dundee)
    Congratulations! Hope the job is as fun as the colours you wrote about it in!

Oh and while I'm here, can I quickly slip 'hayfever' into Room 101?

Quote Originally Posted by Tessalicious
    Congratulations! Hope the job is as fun as the colours you wrote about it in!

Oh and while I'm here, can I quickly slip 'hayfever' into Room 101?
    Thanks! And yeah, I agree with the hayfever! May I add anaphylaxis (allergic shock)?

A Wheezy Little Monkey

I would like to add my congratulations to Little Monkey, and:

hating-my-job-and-trying-to-find-a-new-one,
    evil evil co-workers who complain about other people not working their 'proper' hours (proper as THEY see them) and then bugger off early, other evil co-workers who don't give me the information I need to do my job,
    or give me too much information that I don't need (I do know what an e-mail address looks like, thank you very much)

to Room 101.

Thread Information