Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Zealand Championships and Workshop Event

Ceroc Franchisee & Teacher cerocmetro's Avatar

Re: New Zealand Championships and Workshop Event

Quote Originally Posted by Gary
    I don't understand. Is there a chance those teams will be undisqualified?
    Unlikely, but there were two cases where a number of people agree that specific rules were not broken. I apologise for my lack of information but if anything breaks you will know.

THere have been emails flying around and more and more people seem to be getting invloved.

It would not be fair to take away a title from the winners but if it is the case that a mistake was made by the judges, then what should be done. ANy ideas coz I haven't got a clue.

Adam

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle
    Gus

Well done, like you said you prefer musicality over moves and it seems to have paid off for you and Debster in NZ! How did you manage to acquire a partner like that?

Take care on the way back, you could run into trouble with Customs with a pair of legs like those my friend! Debster, don't let him inflict those shorts on all the innocents at Southport! PLEASE!
    But they would be perfect for the HOT HOT HOT in RIO theme!! We'll just make sure we wear our sunglasses to dull down the damage to our eyes.

Donna

Gus

Well done, like you said you prefer musicality over moves and it seems to have paid off for you and Debster in NZ! How did you manage to acquire a partner like that?

Take care on the way back, you could run into trouble with Customs with a pair of legs like those my friend! Debster, don't let him inflict those shorts on all the innocents at Southport! PLEASE!
    See...that's the problem up north....not many people interpret the music, and that doesn't get you very far in competitions. Down south they focus more on that.

... Debster, don't let him inflict those shorts on all the innocents at Southport! PLEASE!
    Gus (and the shorts) are out my hands now I'm afraid... you'll have to fend for yourselves!
    Better get your sunnies on!!

Quote Originally Posted by Debster
    Better get your sunnies on!!
    I have my trusty Ray Bans close by! Thanks for the warning!

Gus I saw you around all weekend and thought you must have been a local - great effort to get over there all the way from the UK! There certainly was a great mix of people there from various places around the world.

Re: Just had to do it...

Quote Originally Posted by Gus
    ALso, came across a gorgeous new dancer, great figure, dangerous body rolls and movement, superb musical interpretation ... and only 15. Starting to feel really old.
    Forgot to mention the New Plymouth (?) bunch. Put forward a team of [/b]14 to 19[/b] year olds. They were great showing attitude, style and moves well beyond their young age. Great to watch and nice bunch as well. A real credit to themselves and their teacher. WHY CANT WE DO THIS IN THE UK???

Donna

Re: Just had to do it...

Quote Originally Posted by Gus
    Forgot to mention the New Plymouth (?) bunch. Put forward a team of [/b]14 to 19[/b] year olds. They were great showing attitude, style and moves well beyond their young age. Great to watch and nice bunch as well. A real credit to themselves and their teacher. WHY CANT WE DO THIS IN THE UK???
    Beeeecause not many classes (especially up North) go into depth on how to do such and such a move with a bit more attitude and style that why. You did gus...that's what made you the best teacher up here!!!!!

More like people reach a stage where they just don't or chose not to listen to the teacher or even participate in the classes at all because they think they know it all! It is especially frustrating when dancers say to you that the classes are too slow and they are not learning anything when you can clearly see from the stage they didn't get the move at all and in many cases still struggle dancing beginner moves correctly . Been here before and in many threads .......

I think Gus is hinting more at getting people of their age through the doors to classes in the first place as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cerocmetro
    ...It would not be fair to take away a title from the winners but if it is the case that a mistake was made by the judges, then what should be done. ANy ideas coz I haven't got a clue.

Adam
    In Soccer referees mistakes in awarding or disallowing goals can make a difference of millions of pounds to the teams involved. However, in all the time soccer has been going they have not been able to improve on the "referees decision is final" principle. I think it has to be "Learn. Move on."

Smile Re: Just had to do it...

ALso, came across a gorgeous new dancer, great figure, dangerous body rolls and movement, superb musical interpretation ... and only 15. Starting to feel really old.
    Why thankyou Gus you're too kind assuming that was about me though... oh and i forgot to tell you that your workshop was awesome!!

I want to do nothing but blues now..

Donna

Hmmm...i do seem to notice people tend to stroll in after the beginners session...particularly those who are experienced (I'm one of em' I'll admit) A lot of people say that that's what makes the classes appear to be slow...because when you do know the moves and you go over and over them...i dunno...my legs start turning to jelly!!

I do however still take part in intermediates...but when you're preparing for the next competition (I'm sure many competiters do this) is disappear to focus on more advanced moves which help when they take it to the dancefloor within the last 45 mins or so left.

And you're right, it would be a good idea to get more youngstes involved up North.

I would like to do beginners classes but I am a legend for being a post nine o clock arriver.

For those that are interested, think Ceroc NZ will be putting up a web page so you can buy the DVDs of the competition. Worth it for the showcases alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ste
    I would like to do beginners classes but I am a legend for being a post nine o clock arriver.
    Umm - wrong thread I think Ste - maybe try here?

You can go here for a link to photographs/slideshow of competition images taken by one of the dancers.

And here for some champs images taken by Gus as well as some he took at Jango. You'll notice he is in some of them - these are the ones he didn't take, obviously.

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by Feelingpink
    You can go here for a link to photographs/slideshow of competition images taken by one of the dancers.
    hmmm some good poses there.....only there aren't any of gus!!!!!

Thanks for those links!

Quote Originally Posted by Donna
    hmmm some good poses there.....only there aren't any of gus!!!!!
    I think the one photo posted so far is FAAAAARRRR to much of Gus

Thread Information