Hi Mr Cool and welcome!

Alas, for our first correspondence, I have to disagree slightly...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cool
If the man cannot lead the move it is his problem.
There's a lot of truth in this - most of the time, if a move goes wrong, it's because it's not well-led.

However, some moves do depend on the follower being able to follow - in the case of the straightjacket especially; I first learnt it from Mike Ellard a while back, and he specifically taught it as an anticipation-trap. In other words, if the follower anticipates by turning or moving (instead of basically just standing still / wiggling), then the follower will wreck the move, and there's very little the leader can do about it apart from frown disapprovingly

Note: I wouldn't generally advocate anticipation trap moves (it's too much like entrapment), but I liked the move, so I use it - at least with people I think can follow it.

So, the straightjacket can be well-led, but wrecked by poor following - this to me is a classic example of where "it's always the leader's fault" does not apply.
I think most ladies would agree that they want to be led with style and cofidence,
Can't disagree there

and many prefer to be given time to add their own footwork shimmies etc.
Some do, some don't, but yes, "many" although not IMO "most".

Gentelmen before you lead that lady into a complicated knot of a move think style think less is more.
many times over - complex moves are not by themselves good, and I'd never attempt to prove otherwise - too many move monsters out there as it is

However, complex moves done well don't look any worse than basic moves done well