Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: MJC 9 24th-26th June

Re: MJC 9 24th-26th June

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    she is there!!! got hold of her today, she has over 50 voicemails to go though but she is working her way though them - keep trying cos it wouldn't be the same without you!!!
    And in the time it takes to get back to those 50, another 20 leave a message.......

Moral of the story - dont leave it to the week before an event to try booking your place

Seriously though, if you have left Annalisa a message, she will get back to you, as long as you leave a number where she can contact you. Don't expect her to start leaving you voicemail messages as well.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RobC
    Moral of the story - dont leave it to the week before an event to try booking your place
    Hey, by my standards, 1 week before is well-organised, that is.

Don't expect her to start leaving you voicemail messages as well.
    Ooh, ooh! I got a voicemail! Should I save it for posterity?

And in the time it takes to get back to those 50, another 20 leave a message.......

Seriously though, if you have left Annalisa a message, she will get back to you, as long as you leave a number where she can contact you. Don't expect her to start leaving you voicemail messages as well.

I can happily tell you I have heard From Annalisa and tickets secured

Re your moral Rob its only helpful if you know what your shifts are, I have now managed to get the evening off from late shift point taken

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames
    Yes, coz that wouldn't be at all divisive...
    I see what you're saying there David, and it got me thinking - "Am I promoting the clique concept, so recently discussed?". However...

I can see this as a great uniting rather than dividing opportunity, especially with the forumite 'bomb-burst' idea. Here's why:

First off, there are a number of registered forumites who never, or rarely post. If they happen to be at MJC, this would give them an ideal and easy way of identifying some of the more regular posters, and perhaps encourage them to join us in our ever-expanding circle?.

Secondly, those that are 'bombed', will undoubtedly ask 'what was that about?'...so we tell them - "Come and join us on the Cerocscotland forum". Hey presto! We have another batch of new members, and the group gets bigger....pretty soon, we'll swallow up all living MJ'ers, and we'll all be one big happy(ish) family!!

...Or am I being a little too optimistic?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gojive
    I see what you're saying there David,
    That's more than I usually achieve

First off, there are a number of registered forumites who never, or rarely post. If they happen to be at MJC, this would give them an ideal and easy way of identifying some of the more regular posters,
    Or, you could post your photos on your profiles. And not use silly labels which lead to me being confused about poster genders

In any group, again harking back to Usenet, there will be a few regular posters (1%), a few irregular ones (5%), and the lurkers. They're out there, lurking in a lurky way...

IMO, the best way to encourage lurkers to post, is to be welcoming, friendly and tolerant towards new posters. Just like with Fletch (irony icon, where are you when I need you?).

and perhaps encourage them to join us in our ever-expanding circle?.
    Hmmm, is it expanding? Are there more active posters now than, say, 2 years ago? (Just picking a nit or two, don't mind me)

Secondly, those that are 'bombed', will undoubtedly ask 'what was that about?'...
    Or will just think we're a bunch of nutters.

so we tell them - "Come and join us on the Cerocscotland forum". Hey presto! We have another batch of new members, and the group gets bigger....pretty soon, we'll swallow up all living MJ'ers, and we'll all be one big happy(ish) family!!

...Or am I being a little too optimistic?
    Well, I'm not sure about the juxtaposition of "swallow up all living MJ'ers" and "am I being a little too optimistic?"

I do like the bomburst, and also the idea of going out and evangelising the all-powerful CerocScotland Forum, King of Forums, long may it reign. I may even do that myself, on a person-to-person basis. I joined because someone I know well recommended it to me, not because some stranger with an orange armband came on to me like a weirdo Jive-Acer

I also really don't like the idea of a visual label for "us" and "them", that seems to me to be the quickest way of creating cliques.

Sorry if this comes across too miserable-old-git-y (I know Clive has patented that approach), but I think the Forum will be attractive because it's interesting, not because of any massive marketing push. And I'm cautious about porting a virtual community to real-life events.

Besides, I suspect there's going to be enough orange on display this weekend anyway after the recent weather

I'm going! I booked this afternoon. Am I the only crazy one camping? What's the campsite like?
    Tomorrow, in addition to all the usual new dance outfits etc, I'm going to have to shop for a new tent. How will I cope without an iron....and a hairdryer.....and a coffeemaker.....?

Who is organising the bomburst? Will it hurt, and will we need to practise?

Registered User Purple Sparkler's Avatar

Just out of interest, are any of you folks Ecuadoring it on Saturday, or is that just me?

Quick one to say have a fab weekend guys.

I can't make this one but will hopefully be on a dancefloor near you all soon.
    (oh, and if you're camping may I suggest taking a neck-pillow)

Only going on Saturday evening so won't be "equadoring"!

Does this mean, Purple Sparkler, you'll be ready to give us all a demonstration on Saturday evening?

Quote Originally Posted by Just Wiggle
    Only going on Saturday evening so won't be "equadoring"!

Does this mean, Purple Sparkler, you'll be ready to give us all a demonstration on Saturday evening?
    I hope so!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Just Wiggle
    so won't be "equadoring"!
    Is that like, dancing Latin with ESG?

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Sparkler
    Just out of interest, are any of you folks Ecuadoring it on Saturday, or is that just me?

I'm giving it a go

I've never done anything like this but it sounds like it will be a laugh. Haven't actually seen the routine though - does anyone know whats it like?

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 'n' Easy
    I'm giving it a go

I've never done anything like this but it sounds like it will be a laugh. Haven't actually seen the routine though - does anyone know whats it like?
    Simon taught part of it at ISH a couple months ago. It looks like it'll be a lot of fun, and damn cool if the bit we learned is anything to go by.

Blog Entries

Simon taught part of it at ISH a couple months ago. It looks like it'll be a lot of fun, and damn cool if the bit we learned is anything to go by.
    Explanation: I'm told by a Very Good Authority that "Ecuador" describe a complete routine the Ozzies do to the track "Ecuador" by Sash. So it's nothing to do with Latin dancing, per se. Although it sounds a bit line-dancing-y to me... (ducks and hides).

Still, I was confused, now I'm less so. Such is progress.

Quote Originally Posted by jivecat
    I'm going! I booked this afternoon. Am I the only crazy one camping? What's the campsite like?
    Tomorrow, in addition to all the usual new dance outfits etc, I'm going to have to shop for a new tent. How will I cope without an iron....and a hairdryer.....and a coffeemaker.....?

Who is organising the bomburst? Will it hurt, and will we need to practise?
    OK, the "campsite"...ummm, where do I start ...it's a small grassy area, at the back of the camp (just a short walk from the pavillion though).

The only facilities you'll have, are very basic, army style showers and toilets - (there was no hot water on at the Friday night last year either).

As you enter the camping area, the site slopes gently from your right to left. DON'T PITCH ON THE LEFT, BY THE TREES....as I did last year . It p*ssed down with rain, and of course all the water on the camp headed for my tent! .

Good luck!

If you mean the choreographed 5-part routine PS, then yes - I think so....sounds like fun!

David,

"/Big mother of snip re wristbands etc..../"

I see your points - but I'm willing to give it a go, and try to build more bridges. However, I will of course make sure I'm not inadvertently promoting a "them and us" scenario

"Bomb-burst idea" - I'm willing to co-ordinate if I can, but a) I'm only there on Fri and Sat, and b) I've never done one before, so you pays yours money etc

Rebecca - Thanks

Look forward to seeing you all there
    Last edited by Gojive; 22nd-June-2005 at 07:44 PM.

With two sexy gorgeous forumites (Robc & Almost an Angel) manning the door etc., (and me of course) we will think of something

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M
    With two sexy gorgeous forumites (Robc & Almost an Angel) manning the door etc., (and me of course) we will think of something
    I'm sorry Minnie ....but I don't find RobC anywhere near sexy!. Hope you understand Rob

Blog Entries

David,

I see your points -
    Stop being so flaming reasonable, it's too hot to be nice

"Bomb-burst idea" - I'm willing to co-ordinate if I can, but a) I'm only there on Fri and Sat, and b) I've never done one before, so you pays yours money etc
    Oh, count me in - just not with the armbands!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M
    With two sexy gorgeous forumites (Robc & Almost an Angel) manning the door etc., (and me of course)
    Ahem - that's three sexy forumites then?

Makes you wonder if it's worth actually going inside, the door area sounds more fun

Thread Information