Thread: Gandalf in Corrie

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gandalf in Corrie

Ian McKellen, Coronation Street. Wow. Pretty much every line was a quoteworthy gem:
    - "As Hemingway once said to me..."
    - "What am I thinking of, offering you mere money? A mentor should offer wisdom instead. Write in the nude" (to Norris! )
    - "Kev" (to Ken )

OK, I'm now officially an addict for the next couple of weeks...

Re: Gandalf in Corrie

At last, a thread about a properly serious subject. Well done TT, I'll look forward to tonite's video culturefest. (I was out last night but have got every priceless moment on tape.)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames
    Ian McKellen, Coronation Street. Wow. Pretty much every line was a quoteworthy gem:
    - "As Hemingway once said to me..."
    - "What am I thinking of, offering you mere money? A mentor should offer wisdom instead. Write in the nude" (to Norris! )
    - "Kev" (to Ken )

OK, I'm now officially an addict for the next couple of weeks...
    I kept waiting for a Balrog to appear at the end of the street! I think he is going to be a very amusing addition to the street for the next few episodes. I missed when he came into it though, so who is he supposed to be (I gather he's a writer) and how did he come to be staying with Emily and Norris. Is it something to do with their reading group or something?

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bardsey
    I kept waiting for a Balrog to appear at the end of the street! I think he is going to be a very amusing addition to the street for the next few episodes. I missed when he came into it though, so who is he supposed to be (I gather he's a writer) and how did he come to be staying with Emily and Norris. Is it something to do with their reading group or something?
    Backstory: Norris' reading group got enthused about this book, "Hard grindings", and I think he invited Gandalf along for a read - they then got starstruck and invited him to stay. And now Norris is shopping for absinthe for him

He's clearly a massive freeloader, and I just love the way Ian Mckellen hams it up...

Expect to see this paradied soon on "Dead Ringers"!

Thread Information