Thread: H2G2 - what's it going to be like?

H2G2 - what's it going to be like?

I heard the "pub clip" "time is an illusion, lunch-time doubly so" on Saturday Review (Radio 4 don't you know).

Mos Def's delivery sounded very slooooooooow - whereas I want every Ford response to be snappy, seemingly obvious yet lacking any reassurance for Arthur.

Worrying.

Clive

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: H2G2 - what's it going to be like?

The BBC review wasn't that good - said they tried to fit too much into 2 hours.

In hindsight, it would have been lovely to give it the Lord Of The Rings treatment, and film as several movies. Probably very impractical though.

Having said that, some of the casting is inspired, it must be worth going to hear Alan Rickman as Marvin alone, and Stephen Fry as The Book is another must-hear, I'd imagine.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Its "Total Film" magazines "Film of the Month" cant be too bad then ! Ill reserve judgement.

Commercial Operator

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clevedonboy
    Huh, strange - the BBC news review is different... So we've got two different reviews of the same film from the same organisation - I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames
    Huh, strange - the BBC news review is different... So we've got two different reviews of the same film from the same organisation - I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing...
    How on earth could it be bad? Differing opinions are part of living in a democracy. We get to have free thought and are able to vote. We even get to voice our opinions on this forum. (... and steps AWAY from the soapbox)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Feelingpink
    How on earth could it be bad? Differing opinions are part of living in a democracy. We get to have free thought and are able to vote. We even get to voice our opinions on this forum. (... and steps AWAY from the soapbox)
    Well, good in the sense of a democracy allows different opinions, sure, but bad in that I as a taxpayer am paying two people to do the same job.

Would you want Empire or Total Film to have two different reviews in different issues? On the other hand, it's the beeb... Hmmm, needs Deep Thought

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames
    Well, good in the sense of a democracy allows different opinions, sure, but bad in that I as a taxpayer am paying two people to do the same job.

Would you want Empire or Total Film to have two different reviews in different issues? On the other hand, it's the beeb... Hmmm, needs Deep Thought
    Personally, I liked reading both reviews to give me a sense of whether or not I might go to see the film. The BBC may be a massive organisation which needs streamlining (that's one issue) but the fact is that we will usually look to the person who wrote the review and, often over time, build up credibility or lack of for that person. I would hate it if, with the wealth of expertise at the BBC's disposal, it came up with just ONE opinion that represented the entire organisation - with that sort of power, there is such a possibility of abuse.

I still remember from about 8 years ago being amazed & worried that a friend talked about the demise of "The Times" ... she remembered a time when you read it and "knew what to think".

Well the best thing is probably to go to see it and find out what it is like! That's what I'm going to do!

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn
    Well the best thing is probably to go to see it and find out what it is like! That's what I'm going to do!
    thats far too sensible - lets criticise it without seeing it first

Thread Information