Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What women wear...

Re: What women wear...

I think I get MORE dances if I'm wearing a skirt, especially if it's a swirly knicker-revealing one of the type admired by Philsmove. I've always thought it was because skirts help to project an image of doe-eyed femininity. And guys like to see a flash of knicker.

Ha ha, little do they know! Apparently, I'm scary too, Foxylady. Ssnaarrll!!

Tops with annoying features like slippy straps, bits that ride up or dig in get pensioned off quick. Nothing worse than failing to follow a move because I'm sorting my clothing out with my free hand. Though I have known the same problem to apply to blokes wearing braces.

Good list Gadget. I tend to avoid crocheted type tops with holes in them. Could equally apply to guys wearing string vests, though these are thankfully few in number.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget
    What about non-appropriate attire for the ladies? [list][*]Metal link belts are just nasty for any hip lead or blocking moves.
    Can I politely suggest some non-appropriate attire for the men?

Anything in their pockets. Now Now, I am being serious . Its not nice being led into a lean to find the guys have wallet / mobile phone / keys in thier pockets!!! And especially for those of us at nose quins - in the ballroom hold you need body contact, and keys etc in the guys right pocket is not nice.

Thank you boys.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ballroom queen

Anything in their pockets. Now Now, I am being serious . Its not nice being led into a lean to find the guys have wallet / mobile phone / keys in thier pockets!!! And especially for those of us at nose quins - in the ballroom hold you need body contact, and keys etc in the guys right pocket is not nice.

Thank you boys.
    OK, fine, I can take a hint. I'll have you know I've been cold-turkeying the past few weeks, handkerchief and back-pocket wallet only.

(I knew if I didn't post this, ESG would.)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames
    OK, fine, I can take a hint. I'll have you know I've been cold-turkeying the past few weeks, handkerchief and back-pocket wallet only.

(I knew if I didn't post this, ESG would.)
    Thank you!!! Lets hope the rest of the guys join you lot!

Might be more practical to simply avoid left side leans / hip bumps etc.

On topic, where I had to make a choice I'd generally prefer a lady who looks like they've made an effort regardless of the specific dancewear used ( providing they weren't scary ).

Women's dance wear I'd prefer to avoid - tops that aren't primarily fabric where my hand needs to go, and silk where it is hot.

Quote Originally Posted by frodo
    Might be more practical to simply avoid left side leans / hip bumps etc.
    I don't get that comment. Why avoid certain steps when you can just empty you pockets? Anyway, this won't work if you have a correct ballroom hold (for those guys going to nosequins)

(for those guys going to nosequins)
    what is this?

the first time i read it thought it was a typo but now you have used it a second time so it must mean something ... but what???

Registered User El Salsero Gringo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yliander
    what is this?

the first time i read it thought it was a typo but now you have used it a second time so it must mean something ... but what???
    This, also discussed on the Forum here amongst other places.

Quote Originally Posted by Yliander
    what is this?

Strictly No Sequins, the Ceroc Ballroom and Latin night, referred to as nose-quins - geddit?

I don't get that comment. Why avoid certain steps when you can just empty you pockets? Anyway, this won't work if you have a correct ballroom hold (for those guys going to nosequins)
    Simply that items in pockets tend to be less easily lost than those in a dance bag. The extra security may in some cases be worth the loss of a few moves.

I should have said 'leader left side' lean - therefore right pocket empty, so OK for nosequins ?

I suppose it must be harder for ladies not to empty their pockets though, partly due to a possible lack of pockets ( nod to thread ), and partly due to having less choice on moves to leave out.

Blog Entries

Simply that items in pockets tend to be less easily lost than those in a dance bag. The extra security may in some cases be worth the loss of a few moves.

I should have said 'leader left side' lean - therefore right pocket empty, so OK for nosequins ?
    Or, in my case, the discomfort of my partner. To be fair, all my hard things (ooer missus) like phone and keys were in my left pocket of course, and I kept hankie / flannel stuff in my right, so I don't think there was too much pain.

But I'm now a reformed character of course, leaving phone and most other junk in car. I don't feel comfortable leaving any valuable things in bags, even though I've never had a problem in MJ. I've had a few things liberated from my bag in salsa though, obviously MJ people are nicer

I suppose it must be harder for ladies not to empty their pockets though, partly due to a possible lack of pockets ( nod to thread ), and partly due to having less choice on moves to leave out.
    Yes, why is it that girls trousers don't have pockets - they're great! Or is it a cunning conspiracy by the Dark Lords of Clothing to sell more handbags?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames
    Yes, why is it that girls trousers don't have pockets - they're great! Or is it a cunning conspiracy by the Dark Lords of Clothing to sell more handbags?
    The real reason why women's clothes don't have pockets.
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Blog Entries

ARGHHH - YOU TOLD THEM

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas
    As opposed to judging them as great dancers I instantly look at their footwork, foot positions, step width, tidy technique etc.. The rest becomes somehow secondary at that point and I only start later to look at it. It is kind of trying subconciously to determine which dance style they actually come from. Usually you can tell relatively easily, though, mostly I am not too impressed and lose all interest, which is kind of strange. So essentially it would appear as though girls in great outfits do have not as good a chance of me wanting to dance with them because I tax their abilities harsher.

Gotta love subtleness
    Of course then you dismiss her and find the gimp from the black lagoon dressed in running seedweed. Ill dance with the girls in the great looking dresses (Im a man and proud of being shallow )

Registered User El Salsero Gringo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38
    the gimp from the black lagoon dressed in running seedweed.
    Oi. If you diss my mate Clive one more time I shall have to ask you to step outside. (And for the record, he scrubs up quite well if you ask him nicely.)

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38
    the gimp from the black lagoon dressed in running seedweed.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Salsero Gringo
    Oi. If you diss my mate Clive one more time I shall have to ask you to step outside. (And for the record, he scrubs up quite well if you ask him nicely.)

As my mother used to say "if you can't be liked, at least be noticed"

CRL xxxxx

Thread Information