This afternoon I have mostly been at the theatre being well and truly impressed and delighted by a performance of Sleeping Beauty on Ice by a gang of Russian Superstars called the Imperial All Stars.

It was truly breathtaking. The choreography, especially in the ensemble pieces was absolutely stunning. The costumes were fab and were used to great effect, the set and the lighting were also top notch. Don't want to give anything away but there was also an amout of what could only be called "stunt skating" ...think Circe De Soleil. This has probably jumped into my top 3 of theatrical performances (and I do enjoy ballet, opera and theatre on a fairly regular basis).

This performance is touring, if it comes to a theatre near you plesae give it consideration for an evening or afternoon out...I honestly don't think any fan of dance, skating or other performing arts will be disappointed....this had all the spectacle of a (skating) world championship with sooo much more, how they managed it on a "stage" I do not know, these people are athletes of the highest calibre and highly artistic, go to appreciate the "body lines" even.

Would love to hear if anyone else has seen them...they have been touring in Oz & NZ recently.

Back to work...still picturing it...