Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Scientologists at Walthamstow and Ashtons?

The Forum Legend

Re: Scientologists at Walthamstow and Ashtons?

Quote Originally Posted by jiveknight
    Thanks, glad you had five.
    Lack of space in the main room sent me running to hide in the other room. Just not enough space to play

One day I'll come up and say hello...

First star to the right and straight on till morning...

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp
    Lack of space in the main room sent me running to hide in the other room. Just not enough space to play

One day I'll come up and say hello...
    Please do.

I have question, were any of the dancers back there doing actual argentinian tango or is that jango?

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Its viscous, whatever it is

First star to the right and straight on till morning...

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe
    Its viscous, whatever it is
    I only feel viscous in the mornings. Maybe its viscose or a viscount (that's the noble not the old biscuit).

Quote Originally Posted by jiveknight
    I only feel viscous in the mornings. Maybe its viscose or a viscount (that's the noble not the old biscuit).
    'I vant, I vant... a viscount!'

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn
    'I vant, I vant... a viscount!'
    I remember that advert too

errr.. in the back of my car with my microphone..anyone else want teacher cover...just call (everyone else has...!!!)

For clarification...and a voice of some experience having worked with ex-cult members in a professional capacity

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE OPINIONS HEREIN POSTED ARE PERSONAL AND IN NO WAY REPRESENT THOSE OF ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL, INDIVIDUALS OR GROUP

The views and opinions stated within this web page are those of the author that wrote them and may not reflect the views and opinions of the ISP or account user which hosts the web page.

The Jive Aces are a great live band...end of story...albeit a personal opinion.

Their road crew (mainly consisting of a sound engineer and roady) are lovely guys...

Their PR / sales girls have (and apparently continue) to promote Scientology and the teachings of Ron L Hubbard. This has included thought pathways, energy direction (through the loose association with relaxing massage) and medical reccomendations under the guise of cleansing meditation.

This is not a lifestyle choice, a religion or a system of beliefs. It is a cult that, for those who are not Tom Cruise / John Travolta and therefore equal bloody good if somewhat misleading PR, initially attacks the individual through reinforcing negative beliefs and insecurity to the point of distress.

At this point, the cult then manipulates that individual through controlling his or her lifestyle to the point of total dependence using threats, further reinforcement of lack of self worth and respect and manipulation of the values held by the individual which are negative to and therefore incompatible with Ron L Hubbards 'teachings'.

Please do not fall into the trap of "it's a way of relaxing you" or, "a personality test will reveal things you cannot yet understand - Don't you want to know why you are like this and how to stop it...?". This is an acknowledged and recognised as well as proven technique (amongst many others) that cult recruiters (that's their purpose) to gain a dialogue with prospective recruits. Recruiters will also ask you about your beliefs, religious or otherwise. Innocent enough on face value however this is another proven technique of interaction and 'testing the water'.

They will use clever (subtle and sub-conscious) questions and language patterns to trap you into a argumentative corner where the only outcome is agreement with their doctrine. Even on an informal level in a very informal environment, such as a Ceroc night, I have observed and been subject to this approach. They will ask about your health, lifestyle and personality, even offering free personality tests to 'give insight' into positive existence and ridding yourself of negativity. They will offer answers, support and guidance to ensnare individuals into taking the first step of joining them for a personality test etc etc etc.

Avoid, ignore or refuse...particularly if you are a vulnerable, emotionally insecure or person that is looking for support of any kind....

Gordon...

Please see below for further and (in my professional role) reasonably accurate insights into Ron L Hubbard, Scientology and Dianetics.

Operation Clambake works mainly with younger people and children who have been involved and now left Scientology.

http://www.xenu.net/archive/FAQ/answer_for_kids.html

Peter Forde is an English ex-cult member who precis' his life before during and after his time as a cult recruit...

http://home.snafu.de/tilman/mystory/forde.html

The Foster Report, 1971.

The Right Honourable Sir Keith Joseph, Bart., M.P.,Her Majesty's Secretary of State for the Social Services was commissioned to carry out a private investigation and research into, "the practice and effects of Scientology, and to report". This link informs you of his findings as to how Scientologists recruit. Full report is also available

http://www.xenu.net/archive/audit/fo...ml#recruitment

Richard Ford was at his wits end and vulnerable when her was recruited...leaving was a different matter...He now operates a helpline to support others leaving or who wish to leave the cult...

http://www.raids.org/gen00139.htm

For each of the above you will also find at least ten more similar negative experiences and a hundred more reports and comments as to why Scientology is a good thing...just take a balanced view...
    Last edited by Gordon J Pownall; 21st-February-2006 at 02:48 AM.
    Gordy
    ~ It's a Dance Thing ~

'Τα δόντια μου είναι μου δικοί - οι γόμμες δεν είναι'

www.vatsim-uk.org

The Forum Legend

Hiya Gordy...

Nice to see you back again

errr.. in the back of my car with my microphone..anyone else want teacher cover...just call (everyone else has...!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp
    Hiya Gordy...

Nice to see you back again

thanks...
    Gordy
    ~ It's a Dance Thing ~

'Τα δόντια μου είναι μου δικοί - οι γόμμες δεν είναι'

www.vatsim-uk.org

During my time here, I have been somewhat disconcerted to discover that Los Angeles has a street named after L Ron Hubbard; at its intersection with Santa Monica Boulevard the passer by is deluged with adverts for Scientology.

Were I a citizen of Los Angeles, I would be agitating for the street to be named after someone with more moral fibre, less of a conman - er, Hannibal Lecter Boulevard anyone?

Thread Information