Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10th Anniversary Dances

The Forum Legend

10th Anniversary Dances

Hiya all....

So then. Opportunity to talk about all the people you danced with!

So, here goes for me. Thank you to the following people for stopping me sitting alone in my usual corner all night. Apologies in advance to the people I miss. I met lots of people for the first time last night, and I didn't really manage to keep up with all the names. I'll work on it for next time. If you'll have me back again!!

Heather (I have to say her first (a) Cos, like the rest of you, I'm scared of her, and (b) Cos she's one of the only other two people currently online, watching me!!)

Denise, who I hope wasn't shaking too much

Filthycute (Damn, meant to ask if that comes from the song lyric, 'You're filthycute and baby you you know it'.

Laura. Nice bluesy dance. Just booked my ticket for the 6th. See you there!

Fran. Lovely as always. Gorgeous too. What else can I say?

Sheena, Janet, Wendy, Lorna. Lovely dances ladies. I promise to be better by the next time I see you all.

DavidB, DreadfuoScathe and Ceroc Jock. Ummmm. I'm not saying anything here!!

And of course, Lisa. Who I'd travel 410.8 miles (657.3 kilometres) to dance with anytime I possibly could. And probably many more too. Wonder how far it is to Aberdeen....

Steve

Great dances -difficult circumstances!!!!!

Thanks to everyone I had the pleasure of dancing with at the 10th Anniversary dance last night!!
    The Tramp - I'll mention you first, as you mentioned me!!!Nice to meet you and the next time we dance I hope we have more room. ( And I don't believe for one minute you were scared of me - I have noted that you can actually spell quite well, so you don't have much to worry about!!)
    'The Lovely Bill'- As always, a wonderful bluesy dance, giving me a chance to try out the 'up close and personal ' moves from the Gorgeous Gus workshop. Well actually, we didn't have any option but to get close, did we???? LOL
    'The Lovely Roy' - WELL, what can I say!!! Lovely in all respects and looking Soooooo handsome in his kilt!!
    Robert, AKA Ceroc Jock - First time I've danced with you, but definitely another next time the MAd crew are in Glasgow!!!
    Franck - The Birthday Boy!!! Great dance as ever Franck, just love dancing with you!!
    Craig - AKA Gorgeous Gus to Forum members, tried to get near you all night, and finally managed as Ceroc Jock played his last record. Looking forward to the next time. (Dundee Christmas Party 6th December ????)
    Last but definitely NOT least , 'The Lovely Brady' - my first choice for a dance any night!!!
    Any one else I danced with and didn't mention, thanks to you all. Sadly I didn't get a lot of dancing done - always seemed to be off somewhere or other, changing my outfit!!!!!!!

Heather

Omnipotent Moderatrix (LMC)

Re: Great dances -difficult circumstances!!!!!

Originally posted by Heather

'The Lovely Roy' - WELL, what can I say!!! Lovely in all respects and looking Soooooo handsome in his kilt!!
    Who IS this man? Is it worth travelling to Scotland for the pleasure? It's beginning to sound that way....

Re: Re: Great dances -difficult circumstances!!!!!

Originally posted by Emma

Who IS this man? Is it worth travelling to Scotland for the pleasure? It's beginning to sound that way....

well Emma, Roy is a real gent, a lovely person - wonderful lead and make you feel like you are gliding on the dance floor! and yes, along with the other lovely dancers we have up here - it's worth a vist, but hopefully in less chaotic dance floors than last night.

be very nice to see you.

fran

All I can say, Emma, is that not only were most of the women drooling over him, there were also a good few men being unusually complimentary!

Lots of cheap flights to/from Scotland on the web just now - what have you got to lose? (Don't answer that!)

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

)

Think - Jean Luc Piquard (sp? not a trekkie, sorry!) only chunkier and in full highland attire definitely the most handsome man there - with the possible exception of our very own CJ Plus they can both dance.............
    and they are lovely guys too.

(Was that ok boys? I think she's falling for it now)

well for obvious reasons I won't comment on his suave good looks ... but I will say that last year we had the plesaure of Roy's occaisioanl attendance at our Nantwich venue. He's a charming guy, extremely friendly and a great dancer ... a real credit to Scottish Ceroc .... so you can make your own mind up.

Versailles (yeah, in the chateau itself !)
    Just to make it official - Roy has been awarded the BTC kitemark.

Wx

Hurrah!

just like to say that it was lovely to meet lilly and David and thankyou david for a very fabby dance. It was so nice to put the faces to the names at last.

thankyou as always Keith, it was great that you and janey made it up - see you soon - before blackpool.
    fran

ps remember the thought about having a blues room at blackpool Keith (please, please, please)....even for a little while - just a thought thats all

Hurrah again!!!!!!

Heather

An Eclectic Toaster
    Just relaying a message from Jayne - she ainÕt been too well recently, and is currently away being pampered by her parents down south. However, the lack of an internet connection may hamper her recovery somewhat...

Anyway, the message is a big THANK YOU to all the guys she had great dances with on Saturday!

Likewise, thanks from me to the ladies - I must have enjoyed myself somehow, I was totally knackered by half past one...

Back to Thread ...

Really enjoyed the dances I managed to fight for ......

Had great fun with your great teachers ... never managed to find Lisa but had some great fun with Mari and Elaine. The dance with Lorna was awesome ... what are you on girl???

Usual great dance with FC, and Jane M was VERY good when she'd UCP with me ...

There were another two lasses I danced with who were really nice but I'm embarresed to sya forgotten your names ..:sorry :sorry

Heather ... thanks kid ... great blast.

Special thanks to Ali (? Aberdeen?) ... a very stylish dancer, very elegant ... makes the guy feel good on the dancefloor ... what more can you ask for.

Ohh ... and nearly goes without saying .... Fran ... who is worth a 5 hour drive just to enjoy dancing with .... big fan

I would like to thank everyone I did manage to dance with, and apologise to them for a slightly{?} more constrained dance than I would normally.
    (Especially the young lady that I ended up very close 'blues-ing' with and we still managed to get jostled - I couldn't have made us any smaller on the dance floor!}
    I would also like to apologise to anyone that was looking to dance with me, but didn't: I only missed one song {with the exclusion of a couple of the ceilidh dances} and never danced with the same person twice.
    Thank you, one and all for making what could have been a disastrous night into an enjoyable experience.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    Had great dances with Laura, Elsie, Jayne, Susan and quite a few with people I don't know the names of. I think I was intimidated by LilyB - sorry about that Im normally better honest . Missed dances with Lisa, FilthyCute, Fran and sorry Sheena for suggesting you snubbed me, you looked mortified - bad choice of words I just meant I hadnt seen you all night to ask. sorry!
    oh i also wanted to dance and did dance with more people who ive not mentioned - sorry for my bad memory!

Thanks to theTramp, we had a lot of room (strange how people get out of the way sometimes) but i still didnt try a seducer.....

Oh and no thanks to the rude guy who reacted to his lack of space by pushing my partner firmly in the back till she got out of his way - yeah we're all short of space pal!

While I was dishing out thanks for some great dances, I forgot to compliment the ladies on their attire; some stunning dresses and some stunning body's filling them Pity the dance floor was too crowded to fully appreciate them

Originally posted by Gadget
    While I was dishing out thanks for some great dances, I forgot to compliment the ladies on their attire; some stunning dresses and some stunning body's filling them D
    well, I am sure the ladies will agree that you guys looked soooooooo handsome all dressed up and we can most definatley return the compliment.

fran

Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
    ...... I think I was intimidated by LilyB .....
    What!!!??? Why??? I'm hurt Or was that because of the killer looks I was giving quite a few people around us during our dance? I'm afraid I was a mite upset at so many men behaving in such ungentlemanly fashion. I am only small (5'2") - surely it is a rule of civilised society that gentlemen do not hit those smaller than themselves? Alas, that seems not to be the case on Saturday...........

I really must apologise, DS - grovel, grovel - I do not like giving my partners the impression that I was not enjoying dancing with them.:sorry I was very pleased to have had the chance to dance with you. We definitely must do it again, so get yourself down to London, my good man!

I missed out on dancing with Gadget, but he certainly didn't miss out on anything - such is the demand for that man's services! Same goes for Gus, but he knows I'll nail him one day - I know where he goes dancing!

Acknowledgement also due to the superlative Keith of C2D - I could have danced all night, as the song goes, but we did get in the last two dances of the evening, so I'll have to be content with that!

LilyB

Wasn't it fab?

This will be a short list as unfortunately I didn't seem to get much dancing done until about 12.30am. However the dances I had then more than made up for it

Mike from Newcastle - first dance of the night and a superb "Ice Man" demo - (you know what I mean Gus? )
    A fab ceilidh dance with Keith from C2D even if he did take a little bit of persuading
    An absolutely brilliant dance with Brady - using a lot of the moves we learned in Gus and Helen's workshops - it was a blast!
    Alex - "All that Jazz" - wow!
    Steven from Dundee (not the dancing penguin - the other one!) who loves doing drops usually but was very restrained and didn't do any - well done - we had a great time.
    Rob - smooth as ever!

A WCS dance with David B - it was fantastic - I spent quite a while just watching you and Lily dance, I've got a long, long, long way to go but I really enjoyed myself, you're a brilliant lead and very stylish.

Niall - what can I say? Nearly fainted when he suggested "The Chair" - and then realised he was only joking - what a smile!
    Another great dance - from Stuart M - the first of many I hope.
    The Tramp - we managed to get a spot at the edge of the floor and seemed to have a whole lot of space just for us - some great moves that I've never seen before - it was a lot of fun
    The last dance from BTC - the lovely Roy - wow!wow!wow!

Sooo many people I didn't get the chance to dance with including lots of people through from Dundee and Aberdeen - no Bill, no Gadget:sorry no Steven, John S or Colin:sorry no Graham, James, Gus, Keith's friend with the fab trousers( name of supplier please!) No DS - I would never snub anyone intentionally but especially not you 3 second dance with Franck and there were so many other people whom I would have loved to dance with but just ran out of time.

Special mention to Janey's fabulous furry bra-top - think Niall lost the plot when he noticed that (6 yoyo's in a row! ). Gus you looked great in your kilt and Helen looked soo elegant. Dennis from Aberdeen too - thought your troos were brill!

Better stop or Val will give me a row again for being gushy:reallymad

But have to mention Sandy's new top - all those red fringes - fantastic - "Planet" here I come!

Special mention

To my fellow slappers!

Janet, Mhari, Wendy, FC, Linda and Heather!

What a laugh - go girls!!!

Thread Information