Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who (may contain spoilers)

Re: Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    Loved the bit where they find each other across the office...
    Really funny.. yeah

wasn't so sure about the bit where she gets confused about his desire for someone to be "a mate"... sounded a bit too much like one of her comedy characters (Nan and the Dr?! )
    What A ****ing' liberty !!

I loved the fat babies.. I want one.. they were cute..

I can see Forbidden Planet's next range of toys already

Registered User Little Black Dress's Avatar

Yes we will, just booked the tickets today
    Great! We'll see you there if we don't manage to go to the exhibition with you

It was a bit of a slow opener but OK in parts. At least they seem to have taken most of the irritating Catherine Tate out of the Donna character, but I'm not quite sure what the 'puppy' Donna is going to add, I didn't warm to the character. Lovely little cameo by Billie Piper near the end

Is anyone going to the Doctor Who exhibition at Earls Court? I've gotta go as my friend and son love it - so i'm just along for the ride

Doctor Who Exhibition Earls Court - Dalek Tardis Cybermen Ood Boe Slitheen K9

Quote Originally Posted by DD+ View Post
    Is anyone going to the Doctor Who exhibition at Earls Court? I've gotta go as my friend and son love it - so i'm just along for the ride

Doctor Who Exhibition Earls Court - Dalek Tardis Cybermen Ood Boe Slitheen K9
    Try reading the thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    Speaking of which.. I've been planning to go to the exhibition down here in Earls Court sometime soon..

Anyone fancy tagging along?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhythm King View Post
    Oh go on then...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefy View Post
    I'd like to go as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Black Dress View Post
    Me! Me! Aurion and I will be down at the beginning of May. Any chance of going then? (Have wanted to meet the Mighty Beo for a while now )

In anticipation......LBD
    Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    Cool.. A potential forum Who outing

I was planning to go pretty soon. not his next weekend was thinking perhaps the next? or perhaps late April / early May. I'll look on-line at prices etc. and get back to you all. It's on until September in Earls Court (Which is a breeze to get to by tube)

Whoops i'm really not having a good day today
    Didnt even realise there was a thread sorry guys

Well... we must be half way through the series, what do people think? I haven't been grabbed by anything in the series so far, I liked the Planet Of The Ood, nice little story.

But the Catherine Tate Donna character, oh dear My GF who is not a Dr Who fan summed it up for me -

"Catherine Tate just doesn't seem to fit in, she shouldn't be there"

Freema Agyeman acted her off the screen in Saturdays episode

Comments?

Commercial Operator

Well... we must be half way through the series, what do people think? I haven't been grabbed by anything in the series so far, I liked the Planet Of The Ood, nice little story.
    That pretty much sums it up - I'm enjoying it, but nothing mind-blowing so far - let's hope the series has one or two Blinks up its sleeve. I completely agree with your GF regarding Ms Tate too - while she's a little less annoying than she was in her debut episode, I still find her more irritating than anything.

I'm hoping they put her in chiefly so's she can die a horrible death at some point in the series. As soon as possible, preferrably.... let's face it - they haven't properly killed a companion for ages - who was the last one? Adric?

CT, she doesn't even look good.
    I've ducked already.

Quote Originally Posted by dep View Post
    CT, she doesn't even look good.
    I've ducked already.
    With both Freema and Billie making appearances in this series, there's at least some eye candy in evidence.

(I've ducked too.)

Commercial Operator

Well - just watched last night's episode. Incredible return to form - that was one of the best episodes I've seen to date. Just hope part two manages to live up to the expectations it's set... Lots of intriquing stuff here, and I'm dying to know how the whole River Song thing will play out (assuming we ever really find out)... and could she be who I think she is?

And was it just me, or does it look like they've foreshadowed... something concerning Donna which would make me truly happy...? (I know it would be too much to hope for that it happened this episode)

Anyway. A few more episodes like this one would definitely not go amiss (unlike that awful Agatha Christie thing last week)

Quote Originally Posted by straycat264 View Post
    Incredible return to form - that was one of the best episodes I've seen to date.
    Agreed. It reminded me a bit of "Blink" from the last series, except that I think it's better because the Doctor is actually present for most of the action in this one.

Agreed. That was the best of the series yet, note that it was written by Steven Moffat who aslo wrote Blink With two chances of getting rid of the Donna character there's more to look forward to as well

Hmmm... left me feeling a bit disappointed that part 2, it jumped around all over the place with a bit of a 'so what' plot The River Song character shows some promise though, lovely little twist right at the end when he worked out he was meeting her in the wrong order of events

Overall the worst series of the return in my view, not helped at all by CT who has basically been a loud spare part throughout all of it

Hmmm... left me feeling a bit disappointed that part 2, it jumped around all over the place with a bit of a 'so what' plot
    I agree. It's not that it was necessarily all that bad, but part 1 was so good, I expected more from part 2. Quite disappointing really.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Its the only one (well 2) ive watched this series and i thought it was excellent - thought the whole "saved" - meaning they were backed up - to be nothing like the surprise Mr.Tenant was making out in the post-Dr.Who program. I also don't understand whats so wrong with Catherine Tate she may not be eyeing him up all the time, but i like that and she is just as useful to have around as the others - which isnt saying much. So not as good as Billie but better than Freema.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Um, I quite like this series too.

And I think CT is excellent - she's had some wobbly bits, like the "Maths genius" thing in the Doctors Daughter, but she's much better than Freema was.

Some episodes are good, some are bad - but even bad Doctor Who is better than almost anything else on the telly at the moment.

So

EDIT: in other words, what the Smurf said
    Last edited by David Bailey; 9th-June-2008 at 09:29 PM.

Cool Re: Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by straycat264 View Post
    Well - just watched last night's episode. Incredible return to form - that was one of the best episodes I've seen to date. Just hope part two manages to live up to the expectations it's set... Lots of intriquing stuff here, and I'm dying to know how the whole River Song thing will play out (assuming we ever really find out)... and could she be who I think she is?

And was it just me, or does it look like they've foreshadowed... something concerning Donna which would make me truly happy...? (I know it would be too much to hope for that it happened this episode)

Anyway. A few more episodes like this one would definitely not go amiss (unlike that awful Agatha Christie thing last week)
    I agree that the Agatha Christie episode seemed like the writer's self indulgence. Lame. This two parter was quite good. I like CT, her character does bring a very different dynamic, in the past the assistants have always been romantically in awe of Mr. Ten-Inch but.. but.. Donna isn't. I quite like that. Although I don't like the stuff that happened a few episodes ago where Donna saved the Doctor. This seemed to make them seem too equal IYSWIM.

"Are you my Mummy"... best and creepiest episode yet! What is it about kids in horror situations that makes them soooo creepy?

I liked the two parter. The first half was better than the second and I kinda figured out the ending before it was revealed.. they made it pretty obvious really.

I like the dynamic between CT and DT.. She's definately much better than Freema.

Quote Originally Posted by StokeBloke View Post
    I don't like the stuff that happened a few episodes ago where Donna saved the Doctor. This seemed to make them seem too equal IYSWIM.
    No I disagree. IMHO I see no reason why the "assistant" can't excel in some areas the doctor can't. it keeps the viewer on their toes a little. Perhaps the Doctor isn't 100% infailable after all.. he may NOT be able to get out of a sticky situation with a wave of his sonic screwdriver.. IYDOGGYPADDLE

I liked this last Doctor Who story, though I thought the use of the word "spoilers" was too geeky, and I think the author has recently been reading The Time Traveller's Wife.
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Thread Information