Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Does Line Dancing kick MJ Butt?

Re: Does Line Dancing kick MJ Butt?

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38
    However beginners classes in ceroc are becoming far harder then they were (foot work ,spins, style, 5 moves etc) so it will be interesting to see what happens.
    5 moves??? I thought the idea was to make things simpler and more accessible. Is this correct? If so it erodes one of the main competitive advatages Ceroc has.

The Forum Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Gus
    5 moves???
    Occasionally. It should be noted however, that where there are 5 moves, this includes the 'in and out'. Which isn't really a move.

Quote Originally Posted by spindr
    Q: Does Line Dancing kick MJ Butt?

A: Yep -- and they dance to trendier music!
    Just because its trendier, doesn`t mean its beter. Could be trendy and a
    load of rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by jezza
    Just because its trendier, doesn`t mean its beter. Could be trendy and a
    load of rubbish.

I agree, and just coz its considered un-trendy - ie ballroom and latin dancing - it could be absolutely FAB - oh yes, it is, nosequins on a Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp
    Occasionally. It should be noted however, that where there are 5 moves, this includes the 'in and out'. Which isn't really a move.

Not always and if your knew the 'in and out' is another move but hey going of thread

Beginners can always ignore style tips and guy spins if they want to, so that's just a matter of good presentation.

Commercial Operator

Hi my name is Yvonne Dunn and I am the owner of Headliners, Upton, Wirral.
    I am Jodie’s coach and the choreographer of Jodie & Danny’s Breathe routine on SDF and also the coach of James & Claire and until recently trained Eddie for over 2 years.
    I am also a UCWDC certified world championship judge.

I just wanted to help people understand modern linedancing as there seems to be
    some misunderstanding. Competitive C&W dancing includes couples and
    linedancing. Linedancing involves classic division (pre-set dances performed
    In lines) and showcase division (pre-released music freedom of choreography and not performed in lines).

The couples section comprises 8 dances triple two step, polka, night club, cha, two step, waltz, east coast (like jive) and west coast swing (as performed by current DIV II world
    Champions James & Claire) PS Claire is a spinning diva but this speed
    would not be possible without the exception connection that James provides. The lead/connection is subtle but there for any expect to see and it was nice to see Brendan recognising this in his interview. I think it is important for couples experienced judges to be on a programme that is going to rely on couples driven categories.

As you can see you need to be very diverse as it incorporates all styles of dance and
    Jodie & Danny’s routine was part showcase line and part night club two step).
    Modern C&W dance rules now allow 50% of non country music although Breathe is
    actually a C&W song performed by Faith Hill who is a modern country artist like Shania Twain etc. The C&W competitive scene is made up of mainly under 18’s and is actually a very cool thing to do for those in the know and at top level requires very diverse skills which is why Jodie/Danny & James/Claire should do really well across the different styles.

Please do not confuse social linedance with competitive as it is like comparing Torvill & Dean’s icedances to what you see at your local ice rink on a Saturday!

PS Both SDF couples will be attending our event in Blackpool 24th –26th June 2005 (see www.headliners.or.uk) for more info so why not come along and see some of the worlds top C&W dancers compete.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by HEADLINERS
    Hi my name is Yvonne Dunn and I am the owner of Headliners, Upton, Wirral.
    I am Jodie’s coach and the choreographer of Jodie & Danny’s Breathe routine on SDF and also the coach of James & Claire and until recently trained Eddie for over 2 years.
    I am also a UCWDC certified world championship judge.

I just wanted to help people understand modern linedancing as there seems to be
    some misunderstanding. Competitive C&W dancing includes couples and
    linedancing. Linedancing involves classic division (pre-set dances performed
    In lines) and showcase division (pre-released music freedom of choreography and not performed in lines).

The couples section comprises 8 dances triple two step, polka, night club, cha, two step, waltz, east coast (like jive) and west coast swing (as performed by current DIV II world
    Champions James & Claire) PS Claire is a spinning diva but this speed
    would not be possible without the exception connection that James provides. The lead/connection is subtle but there for any expect to see and it was nice to see Brendan recognising this in his interview. I think it is important for couples experienced judges to be on a programme that is going to rely on couples driven categories.

As you can see you need to be very diverse as it incorporates all styles of dance and
    Jodie & Danny’s routine was part showcase line and part night club two step).
    Modern C&W dance rules now allow 50% of non country music although Breathe is
    actually a C&W song performed by Faith Hill who is a modern country artist like Shania Twain etc. The C&W competitive scene is made up of mainly under 18’s and is actually a very cool thing to do for those in the know and at top level requires very diverse skills which is why Jodie/Danny & James/Claire should do really well across the different styles.

Please do not confuse social linedance with competitive as it is like comparing Torvill & Dean’s icedances to what you see at your local ice rink on a Saturday!

PS Both SDF couples will be attending our event in Blackpool 24th –26th June 2005 (see www.headliners.or.uk) for more info so why not come along and see some of the worlds top C&W dancers compete.

Hope this helps.

With regards to the thread........ That's a YES then

Thread Information