Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to tell when the track is ending ?

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: How to tell when the track is ending ?

Failing that, how about just standing still in a finishing pose for the whole track - you'll automatically finish on the right beat then.

Do we have enough for a "Top 10 ways to finish" yet?

Commercial Operator

hmmmm been thinking about this .....
    With most tracks you know the music and have a good idea were the end is. However while still thinking about tyhis last night at Hipsters John played a track i did not know.... I think i was dancing with Sally at the time how did i know were the end was, instinct .... you could here a phrasing through the track which headed up beat just before the end.
    Can not really expand on this at the moment because i am still thinking about 'how' but still feel practice to lots of tracks and listening to the music will proberbly give the full explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by David Franklin
    Typically, because the tracks weren't actually played to the end, were are faded out after 2 minutes. I think some of the tracks in the final were played through, but (from my recollection of the "normal" mixes), I also think some had been specially edited to be shorter. I'm not sure it's fair to expect anyone to be able to hit the end in a special edit.

Dave
    Oh I see. Thanks for the explanation. I thought it a tad strange (and quite patronising) that such expert dancers were deemed to need help with the ending in such a prestigious competition.

Daisy

(An Understanding Little flower)

Thread Information