Thread: Fashion Faux Pas

Fashion Faux Pas

All this talk of clothes on the Commando and Sweat Shirts threads really got me thinking - are there certain items of clothing best kept away from the dancefloor?

Can clothes - or lack of them - on your dance partner detract from the dancing itself?

Perhaps others have an opinion on the appropriateness of male vest-wearing; the shorts, socks, sandals combo; overly skimpy clothes - the list is endless. Go on, get it off your chest!

And my own Fashion Faux Pas? Let's just say that I wouldn't recommend wearing a long tail if you're a girl....

Amanda

Hi Amanda!
    Yea an interesting subject! How DO the men keep cool when vests, shorts, socks and sandals are not desirable on them- on the dance floor! ( not unless they're the Scots porridge guy!)Lucky us we can get the skimpy dresses out when the heat is on- but they don't have that option- so all they CAN do is cut down the layers from the inside and GO COMMANDO!!!
    See guys there are ways of keeping cool and still looking good on the dance floor! Try it Franck - you might be surprised just how comfortable and cool it is!:
    Rhona

Well another thread set up by Amanda about blokes with little or less clothing on than normal.
    Well!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    to defend the blokes, I will reply.
    Whilst the thought of going commando brings a rye smile to my face, for some of us should I a say, more gifted males this is not possible. All that bouncing and dancing could so easily change ceroc into a three legged polka.
    Hence why some of us when wearing a kilt put heavy weight in the front of our sporrans.

hope this helps
    regards
    jonmac

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    On the subject of fashion, the main problem from my perspective, is painful clothing...
    No, not overly tight-fitting trousers, but the kind of top / dress that has beads or glitter added and is really abrasive to touch...
    The same applies to sharp jewellery / watches / etc...

On the sort of thing I can't wear while dancing, I would include hats... I have often wanted to wear one for the odd theme night, but found that I simply cannot dance with a hat on... I know some people manage, though I am not sure how!

And John, it is not good form to blow your own trumpet like that

Franck.

Fashion Faux Pas

No, not overly tight-fitting trousers, but the kind of top / dress that has beads or glitter added and is really abrasive to touch...
    Have to agree with you on that one Franck. One night I wore a wide glitter belt and managed to rip shreds out of a bloke's arm - all in the name of fashion :sorry.

As for headwear - I've tended to find that rabbit ears aren't overly compatible with dancing.

Amanda

Blog Entries

Re: Fashion Faux Pas

Originally posted by Amanda
    As for headwear - I've tended to find that rabbit ears aren't overly compatible with dancing.

Amanda
    I'll say that for you Amanda, you always manage to surprise me...
    In fact, I never initially recognize you at most Aberdeen parties... Keep it up though, rabbits ears tails and all...

Franck.

well i'm off to Marcos this evening so advanced appologies to any men getting tangled in my fringes

filthycute x x

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Talking F c's fringes

A fashion faux pas your fringes definitely were not.

Looked great!

I'm sure there were more than a few guys there who would have loved to have been tangled in them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bet you're sorry you missed it Franck!

I'm certainly sorry I missed Marco's on Friday - all this talk of fringes and stuff! Mrs D was suffering from the cold and I'm too much of a gent to go without her

As for unsuitable clothing - I remember dancing with a girl wearing a very glittery top that seemed to be made of stars carefully crafted from old razor blades. That certainly took the biscuit, and most of the skin off my forearms!

What about hair styles - long hair looks great when you spin, but I keep forgetting to move my face out of the way

DD

Yep i know what you mean Dave. I have long hair myself and i know it can be annoying for some guys. I've spent many a dance saying.."oh sorry, did i hit you?"

If mine is tied back i try to wear it as low as possible to stop it hitting people so much. Apart from tying it in a bun i'm not really sure what else to do with it.

I think i'd need stilts to get you though Dave :p

filthycute x x

Confession

Originally posted by filthycute
    I have long hair myself and i know it can be annoying for some guys. I've spent many a dance saying.."oh sorry, did i hit you?"
    OK, I admit it, I enjoy it!!

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by DaveD
    What about hair styles - long hair looks great when you spin, but I keep forgetting to move my face out of the way

DD
    I agree, long hair can be lethal if you forget to duck out of the way, but it can also be a problem in moves like the backhander, where you are transferring hand behind your partner's back. It can be almost impossible to avoid catching your partner's hair in the process :sorry
    The same happens with loose clothing / belts etc...

Franck.

Thread Information