Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Cool Catz Closes .......

Re: Cool Catz Closes .......

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Hi Gus,
    Thank you for your comments, just a couple of quick corrections though, as Revolution Dance has always had its own 'Model'.
    Always thought it would . However, looking at what you've stated as yout model, the Cool Catz model was very similar. I'm sure there are differences but Chris and Sue, who I think also crew for you, were key crew at at Cool Catz so I'm sure they can comment better than I on similarities or differences.

I didn't realise you had a 'Model', nor that you had Knutsford. What made you give it up? I only came to your Ceroc Classes & a few Cool Cats at Northwich.
    Think the fact that you didn't know anything about it speaks volumes about my marketing success (or lack thereof) Actualy, the Northwich events were all 'Gorgeous Gus Dance' events. All the Knutsford events, of which they were many, were all Cool Catz. Thats where Chris and Victoria were first thrust into the limelight

3) To start with some of the music we used was very kindly donated by Marc Forster and Jon Brett, although Beccy & Neil are now sourcing all their own & doing a fantastic job at it.
    4) Our main emphasis is on a dam good friendly social night with a very approachable team.
    5) I hope that with our innovative tunes & friendly approach, besides in depth beginners & unusual intermediate and advanced moves, we can not only retain our beginners, who so far are enjoying themselves immensely & cannot get enough! But also give our experienced dancers what they want.

I started dancing 11 years ago & loved it so much, having had it change my life for the better. I just want to give some of this back & enjoy watching others have great fun, I think this helps, as it eliminates all politics as my only interest is dancers enjoying themselves (Living proof is that I tell & advertise of other venues to all my dancers, even venues on the same night).

I went for the first time yesterday and had a fabulous time. I can't remember the last time I had such a good night. Your crew are very approachable and the people attending were very welcoming. The music was just what I was looking for and if I hadn't had such an early start in the morning I could have danced all night. Thank you Keith for such an enjoyable dance night!

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by dance cat View Post

I went for the first time yesterday and had a fabulous time. I can't remember the last time I had such a good night. Your crew are very approachable and the people attending were very welcoming. The music was just what I was looking for and if I hadn't had such an early start in the morning I could have danced all night. Thank you Keith for such an enjoyable dance night!
    Thank you,
    We aim & hope to please, but it's great to hear from you.
    I hope you can spend more time with us next time too
    Please grab me for a dance as I am hopeless with faces to forum names, I'm bad enough on names!!!
    Thanks again,
    Keith

"Ou est le Gus?" - Wes (La Palma 2008).

Quote Originally Posted by bigdjiver View Post
    "Ou est le Gus?" - Wes (La Palma 2008).

I like the clip but why resurrect this thread when there is an MJ Youtube thread that seems far more approporiate.

Quote Originally Posted by Agente Secreto View Post
    I like the clip but why resurrect this thread when there is an MJ Youtube thread that seems far more approporiate.
    Those that will not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Someone has to teach it.

You're saying that Gus's dance doomed the Cool Catz? That's a bit harsh

Quote Originally Posted by bigdjiver View Post
    Those that will not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Someone has to teach it.
    Reading this now, after all this time is somewhat amusing. Keith's venture also bit the dust and I think most ventures of a similar ilk have failed to prosper AFAIK. Hopefully one day someone will find the right formula.

Re the dance clip, it's not something that deserves to be on the Forum. Hessle is a lovely club that I have the privilage to teach at ever two months. They also have guest teachers who come on a different basis and do a cabaret. As it was a special night, for personal reasons, we were asked just to do some freestyle to demonstrate some inter moves. Neither Lynsey or I are performance dancers so I would uneasy if the vid was taken as a demo of good dancing.
    Last edited by Gus; 11th-October-2009 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Typo

I posted the clip because I found Gus's posts interesting, always wondered what he looked like, and about his dancing style, and what happened to him. If I think something I have the feeling that others might think it too.

In my own amatuerish fashion I am trying to spread the word about Modern Jive, and I was pleased to report on Gus actively doing his bit.

Thread Information