Thread: Nigel & Nina

Commercial Operator

Nigel & Nina

After just 2 years of Ceroc I went to one of Nigel & Nina's workshops- organised by Billy Cullen in Glasgow. It was so inspiring... it sparked my enthusiasm for dancing, organising BoogieNights events, trying out other styles, and now teaching. Haven't looked back since.

Nigel & Nina began dancing together in August 1996, starting with MJ and they soon mastered other styles. Their repertoire now includes Lindy Hop, Blues, Charleston, West Coast Swing, Boogie Woogie and Balboa. IMO one of the original and best couples for teaching & performing.

Re: Nigel & Nina

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay
    ........Their repertoire now includes Lindy Hop, Blues, Charleston, West Coast Swing, Boogie Woogie and Balboa.
    Have you noticed that Nigel tends to incorporate nearly all his styles when dancing too such a fun and satifying dance, I can't think of one 'follower' who has not enjoyed dancing with him

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M
    Have you noticed that Nigel tends to incorporate nearly all his styles when dancing too such a fun and satifying dance, I can't think of one 'follower' who has not enjoyed dancing with him
    Yes! He's very versatile. Nina is very graceful, love her style too.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay
    Yes! He's very versatile. Nina is very graceful, love her style too.
    Nina is all those things and more

Plus, she has a very professional attitude to teaching dance. She doesn't just work it out just before the lesson. She makes Nigel practice, practice, practice with her until they get the polish that looks so effortless.

And she is very scary too - even more scary than most women

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor
    And she is very scary too - even more scary than most women
    And Nigel is a pussycat!

Dancing with Nigel is like pure poetry in motion, he has the ability to make me feel as though I can REALLY dance, he manages to push me to the limit and knows exactly what my limitations are!

His musicality is second to none AND he lets me PLAY......lot's!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Nigel and Niina together have provided me with some of my most enjoyable lessons.

Masterfully constructed, delivered with wit and humour and technically brilliant.

Their practice allows them to shine during the lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor
    Nina is all those things and more

Plus, she has a very professional attitude to teaching dance. She doesn't just work it out just before the lesson. She makes Nigel practice, practice, practice with her until they get the polish that looks so effortless.
    And she can teach a class how to spin even when not feeling well (At Scarborough)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lory
    Dancing with Nigel is like pure poetry in motion, he has the ability to make me feel as though I can REALLY dance, he manages to push me to the limit and knows exactly what my limitations are!

His musicality is second to none AND he lets me PLAY......lot's!

They are second to none, IMHO...I couldn't add much to what has already been said. They are both - separately or together, an inspiration and a joy to watch. They have the ability to teach blues and make it anything but sleazy. I could go on....

Blog Entries

serious question, how old is Nigel?????

(just being REALLY nosey!)

Quote Originally Posted by Yogi_Bear
    They are second to none, IMHO...I couldn't add much to what has already been said. They are both - separately or together, an inspiration and a joy to watch. They have the ability to teach blues and make it anything but sleazy. I could go on....
    It's a shame they don't have separate threads as they both are unique in their own way as well as together.

The 'showcase' scene would not be the same without Nina - her professional background has really helped our MJ scene and she is so professional herself and such a perfectionist and so capable - wonderful lady

Nigel has been on the dance scene longer than most realise - it must be over 15 years, if not a lot more. I believe he started with ballroom and then Lindy etc., making many visits to the US to gain more knowledge. But it is not only his dance skills that have made him popular, he takes time out to help anyone and everyone and ALWAYS (AFAIK) dances with a smile on his face

To anser Chicklet's question, I have known Nigel as long as I have been dancing and he hasn't aged at all - the only thing that seems to have changed is his hats and maybe his many waistcoats

--ooOoo--

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M
    To anser Chicklet's question, I have known Nigel as long as I have been dancing and he hasn't aged at all -
    this is exactly what I was thinking!!!was watching him a little last night and he doesn't look any older than he does on videos I have going back far before my short dance time!.....but then I suppose there's quite a lot of evidence that dancing is the true elixir of life eh Minnie???

Quote Originally Posted by Chicklet
    ..... quite a lot of evidence that dancing is the true elixir of life eh Minnie???
    he he -
    Last edited by Minnie M; 6th-March-2005 at 04:26 PM.

--ooOoo--

I agree with all the comments people have put on here. They have also inspired me and I love dancing with Nigel - he has a knack of making you feel like an excellent dancer, even when you're thinking about all the knowledge he's got, and are wondering what moves he's going to do next! I've also enjoyed dancing with Nina in classes, she's so light and graceful, although I found leading her a bit intimidating, as I'm not alway quite sure about my lead in a lesson situation when it's something completely new. It's always more difficult dancing with someone you admire, so I've found with both of them that I feel more nervous than usual! It's lovely to have your dancing ability stretched though, as Lory said.

Thread Information