Thread: Tips please !!!

Versailles (yeah, in the chateau itself !)

Tips please !!!

With THE PARTY coming up, wondered if people had any tips on how to get the attention of the best dancers !!! (male and female, of course)

I mean there are going to be 150 women queueing up to dance with all my star guys ... and there are only about (help me out CJ/Curtain !!) 90 songs in all - and one of those will be Happy Birthday CEROC and we won't get to dance to that - grr!

HELP!!!!!

Personally, I've got my string vest and fake tan at the ready, as well as my white Kylie dress and sellotape dispenser... I'll brush my teeth, shave my legs, have extra strong deodeorant on (no aerosols in the loo though, promise !!!)....I'll wear my hair back, I'll be smiling, trying to relax, trying not to lead, will improvise with the boys who can handle it, wear high heels for the taller boys, take my shoes off for the smaller boys, won't wear glittery tops, will wear my "I'm a forum fanatic but not that Wendy person who goes on and on ...." t shirt with a huge winking smiley ....

Any other hints, folks !!!! Come on, don't hold back !!!

Wx

Wendy .... be yourself and they will come, oh yes .... they will come .....

PS ... Sellotape????

Originally posted by Gus
    Wendy .... be yourself ......

PS ... Sellotape????
    Thanks Gus, sometimes that's the hardest thing to be !!! I'll get a massage from Roy before the start (any excuse !!) and have a chat with Gadget so I laugh and relax, say sex 20 times .... and I'm sure Franck will set the tone in the class for a fab night !!!

The sellotape ??? Oh actually, think it might be duck tape... What !!! You thought her bits held that dress on !!!! haaaaa haaaaaaa haaaaaaaa - soooooo naive !!!!

Wx

B.T.C.

Re: Tips please !!!

Originally posted by Wendy
    Personally, I've got my string vest and fake tan at the ready, as well as my white Kylie dress and sellotape dispenser... I'll brush my teeth, shave my legs, have extra strong deodeorant on (no aerosols in the loo though, promise !!!)....I'll wear my hair back, I'll be smiling, trying to relax, trying not to lead, will improvise with the boys who can handle it, wear high heels for the taller boys, take my shoes off for the smaller boys, won't wear glittery tops

Wx

So how will people tell us apart Wendy.............

If I wear my string vest and my red high heels....we'll look like twins .....oh...of course...I'm not shaving my legs and I don't use deodorant...and I guess my hair's shorter than yours now ! Maybe I should wear a glittery top

But what with my shorts and string vest; my kilt; my trews and possibly my skirt and red shoes ( specially for those dances with Niall and Brady !!!) I'll be changing so often I won't have time to dance

The sellotape ??? Oh actually, think it might be duck tape... What !!! You thought her bits held that dress on !!!! haaaaa haaaaaaa haaaaaaaa - soooooo naive !!!!

Wx
    Given that the Minougue Monstrosities both owe their current looks more to the surgeon (and silicone) than to their parents I'm surprised they don't have sellotape dispensers built in. Can you tell I'm not their greatest fan?

Re: Re: Tips please !!!

Originally posted by Bill

So how will people tell us apart Wendy.............
    Damn hadn't thought of that .... or.... you can wear a bra under YOUR string vest - that should do it !!!

Originally posted by Bill

.....and red shoes .......I'll be changing so often I won't have time to dance

You WILL have time to dance or I'll be getting my money back from Franck and I'll get that nice lawyer (oops was that one of those oxy-MORON things again !!) on to it too !!!

Red shoes ... you know I have a thing about red shoes ... seriously... I buy red shoes when I'm a bit sad cos they cheer me up.... I had loads of pairs in the 80's !! ... and when I was buying my new CEROC shoes in Edinburgh the day after Musselburgh I found a pair of red flamenco shoes- they were stunning !!! I didn't buy them though cos I can't do flamenco (well not yet!!!) and after Musselburgh I wasn't at all sad !!!....anyway ... I don't think I've seen your red shoes ... bet they make me smile (that wee face is soooo like you !!!)

Wx

Originally posted by Gus

Given that the Minougue Monstrosities both owe their current looks more to the surgeon (and silicone) than to their parents I'm surprised they don't have sellotape dispensers built in. Can you tell I'm not their greatest fan?
    Love that Gus !!! Haaa haaaaaaaa !!!

I quite like her ... she is small and she stole quite a few of my moves for that Can't Get You video ... I was quite chuffed ... oh yeh that was another dream....

And of course I should have known ....Kylie is far too old for you !!!!

Wx

PS Will probably get a Kylie advent calendar for Graham - he can stare at her while I nick the chocolate !!!

PPS Come on guys - you are not sticking to the thread again !!!!!

Commercial Operator

Wendy's Dance Card

Hi Wendy,
    I thought I'd start a dance card for you. This will give you a head start on anybody else:
    7.30 Keith Davies
    7.35 Keith Davies

As it was my idea I thought I could have the 1st 2 dances.
    This way you can also take peoples names off, if youÕre unsure etc, besides amassing a huge dance card eliminating the possibility of missing that dance!
    What do you think?

Keith

Re: Wendy's Dance Card

Originally posted by Keith
    Hi Wendy,
    I thought I'd start a dance card for you. This will give you a head start on anybody else:
    7.30 Keith Davies
    7.35 Keith Davies

What do you think?

Keith
    Now THAT'S an idea and a half !!!! Still laughing with glee!!!!!!
    You are on my friend !!!!!!

But does the party really start at 7.30 ??? Or have you said that so you don't have to dance with me whilst appearing nice to all the OTHER girls !!! And you don't know who I am .... so I'm a little suspicious.....and there is a girl in Edinburgh called Wendy who is a fab dancer ....

If you are being sincere I'll be there early!!! And if you wanted, you could probably get a request in for 7.30 as well !!!

Wx

Commercial Operator
    Hi Wendy,
    Haven't had my tickets yet, so not sure what time it starts?
    I'll let you choose the time that suits you.
    Were you at the Championships & if so, did we dance?
    Danced with a lot of people that night, all more or less new faces!
    I missed Fran that night, for some inexplicable reason & so she is high on my list of people to dance with. However you have just nudged yourself to the top.
    Not sure if that's good or bad for you. We'll just have to wait & see.
    Just off to the picÕs so IÕll catch up with you later.

Keith

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Talking Time gentlemen, please?

I'm pretty sure the party doesn't start until 8.30 and I hope it doesn't because I really want to be there on time (for once before anyone else says it ).

So, Keith, if you're dancing with Wendy from 8.30 and then Fran and then, I would imagine, Janey any chance of me putting you on my card for 9pm?

Actually I'll ask now for you to be my partner for "Strip the Willow" - especially if you are wearing a kilt.

And Wendy - I know you have all these men to satisfy but how about you and me -- I've never danced with you, do you want to lead or will I?
    Last edited by Tiggerbabe; 17th-November-2002 at 11:27 PM.

RE tips!

Just been thinking about this a bit more and I reckon it'll be impossible to dance with everyone you want to.

Possibly we might have to revert to the standing at the side of the floor - not far from where your chosen partner is already dancing - and then making a mad dash for them while the record is changing.

Either that or all the girls meet in the toilets beforehand and (as Keith has suggested) arrange times to dance with the blokes they would like to. (Just to keep things civilised and avoid Wendy and myself making a lunge for Bill, Graham, Gus or Keith at the same time !).

Only 90 dances eh? And the number of men likely to be attending is ????????????

Ach Wendy - lets just go with the flow and see what happens!
    Sure to be a good night anyway!

Originally posted by Sheena
    I've never danced with you, do you want to lead or will I?
    Hi Sheen !! (can I call you Sheen )
    You can lead Sweetness !!! But you do realise that some guys will just go berserk at the idea !!! It could be like remote- controlled double-trouble !!! Especially with you in THOSE trousers !!! I'm all yours !! But only after Keith , not sure when that is exactly ....

Wx

Bluesy!

Right it's a date - and yes YOU can call me Sheen!

I learned 3 bluesy, type moves at the party on Friday so could show you those if you like. Mind you Lorna did say it should only be the knees that were touching - not always possible when 2 girls are dancing (if you get my drift :sorry ).

Oh Sheen, you do make me laugh !!!

Go for it girl !! It's all in the name of dance afterall !!! Knees, bits it's all the same to me as long as it's art....or fun or whatever !!!!!

Wx

Knees, bits it's all the same to me
    Look, Wendy, on the 23rd I'm ok about the kilt showing my KNEES - but that's it! (Unless you ask very nicely, of course.)

Anyway, back to the Wendy Card - if there are any spaces in it that aren't just caused by your drooling over the names you've already written down, then please spare a dance for a more mature gentleman dancer, who is usually left on the sidelines as he's no longer able to run after you as fast as the young guys......... (Then, after you've danced with Graham and he's hirpled off somewhere to recover, maybe you and I could dance??)

Originally posted by John S
    please spare a dance for a more mature gentleman dancer, who is usually left on the sidelines as he's no longer able to run after you as fast as the young guys......... (Then, after you've danced with Graham and he's hirpled off somewhere to recover, maybe you and I could dance??)
    Thanks for thinking of me John! I'll be sure to return the favour! :reallymad

Originally posted by John S

...please spare a dance for a more mature gentleman dancer...
    You don't have to ask me !!! I'll be asking you before you even get the chance !!!! And I want you before FC gets her hands on you !!!

Wx

Thread Information