Thread: Just when you think it's safe ...

Just when you think it's safe ...

... to have a non-dancing night, you discover there's no such thing. After a week that has included Ashtons fund-raiser tea dance, a social gathering of MJers, Jango, possibly my favourite Hipsters Fat Friday Freestyle of all time (for a myriad of reasons ) and the possibility of tango tomorrow night ... I think that a night at the theatre will be a break from all this dancing. It's the National Theatre. It's a performance about death. Staid, sensible stuff, no? No. In the middle of a sloping stage of gravestones, church chairs and carrier bags, the three actors launch into parody-style dancing with aerials - imagine Rena meets Amir in a crash and burn circus. It prompted a terrific round of applause and they all looked rather pleased with themselves, especially the man who later made brilliant sound effects of a boiling kettle and portable radio.

Anyone else tried and failed to 'escape' dancing (not that we would want to, of course? )

Commercial Operator

Re: Just when you think it's safe ...

Quote Originally Posted by Feelingpink
    Anyone else tried and failed to 'escape' dancing (not that we would want to, of course? )
    Having danced 10 nights in the last 11 I've had another night off. Sue and I had a Chinese take-away with the kids, watched two movies, lit a log fire, fell asleep in front of the TV and didn't dance or watch any dancing all night.

Tomorrow I'm practicing for Blackpool and then running a tea-dance for fans of dancing and tea

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor
    Having danced 10 nights in the last 11 I've had another night off. Sue and I had a Chinese take-away with the kids, watched two movies, lit a log fire, fell asleep in front of the TV and didn't dance or watch any dancing all night.

Tomorrow I'm practicing for Blackpool and then running a tea-dance for fans of dancing and tea
    What, no cake!

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    What, no cake!
    There will be a selection of cakes, including fairy , flapjack, triangular sandwiches, flapjack and biccies, coffee, iced water with lemon and a choice of different types of tea.

I just didn't say all that because Franck would think I was advertising and remove my post. Now it's too late to make much/any difference I expect he won't bother

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor
    There will be a selection of cakes, including fairy , flapjack, triangular sandwiches, flapjack and biccies, coffee, iced water with lemon and a choice of different types of tea.
    YUM! If you have Lapsang, then I'm ditching tango and visiting you. Please PM with details!

YUM! If you have Lapsang, then I'm ditching tango and visiting you. Please PM with details!
    I'll be there - please come

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Commercial Operator

Of course there will be Lapsang.

And, I forgot to mention, there will be the Sunday papers - Sunday wouldn't be Sunday without them!

Thread Information