Thread: Blackpool 2002/2003!

Blackpool 2002/2003!

I skimmed through the tapes last night and was amazed by how the standard of dance really seemed to leap frog forwards since 2002!

Anyway, I saw some familiar faces - Andy McG competing with Ben, Geordie Ed dancing with Debster in 2002? (Came second in the intermediates!). Graham and the lovely Jenny Slade (from Bristol!) (First in the intermediates) Will in the intermediates (without Kate) A chicken in DWAS! Tramp, Rob and Andy in double trouble. The gorgeous Bill and Fran just being gorgeous! Lily and James - wow!. A chicken in DWAS...........Who was that chicken?

Anyway, just thought I would ask if anyone would like to share their memories of fame, tears or laughter.......just to get us on track for Blackpool 2005..........

Elaine

Commercial Operator

Re: Blackpool 2002/2003!

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineB
    I skimmed through the tapes last night and was amazed by how the standard of dance really seemed to leap frog forwards since 2002!

Anyway, I saw some familiar faces - Andy McG competing with Ben, Geordie Ed dancing with Debster in 2002? (Came second in the intermediates!). Graham and the lovely Jenny Slade (from Bristol!) (First in the intermediates) Will in the intermediates (without Kate) A chicken in DWAS! Tramp, Rob and Andy in double trouble. The gorgeous Bill and Fran just being gorgeous! Lily and James - wow!. A chicken in DWAS...........Who was that chicken?

Anyway, just thought I would ask if anyone would like to share their memories of fame, tears or laughter.......just to get us on track for Blackpool 2005..........

Elaine
    Ben and I came 3rd in the intermediates - but I agree that the standard is now so much higher we'd not even have made the final in 2004 - I've had to resort to dancing with a woman to make the finals nowadays.

The chicken was Dan Slape, who, with his partner Andrea Sulston beat Clayton and Janine to win the advanced the previous year. He got Jane Godman in the DWAS - she was heard to say "I've got the bloody duck" in her best Nottingham accent

The Forum Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineB
    Tramp, Rob and Andy in double trouble.
    Gee thanks. I've been trying to forget that

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp
    Gee thanks. I've been trying to forget that
    My pleasure! I thought it was one of the funniest DT's I have seen! Especially Andy 'running' in the air!

Elaine

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor
    The chicken was Dan Slape. He got Jane Godman in the DWAS - she was heard to say "I've got the bloody duck" in her best Nottingham accent
    I don't remember saying any such thing Andy, and by the way I'm not from Nottingham and therefore don't have that particular accent. Please get your facts right!

What I did say was " Just my luck to get a duck". Fortunately for me it was the lovely Dan inside the costume, although it was rather tricky trying to dance with a partner that could hardly see a thing. We had good fun and really enjoyed ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy
    I don't remember saying any such thing Andy, and by the way I'm not from Nottingham and therefore don't have that particular accent. Please get your facts right!

You tell him Jane taking liberties with the facts,....... I ask you...!!!

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by under par
    You tell him Jane taking liberties with the facts,....... I ask you...!!!
    I didn't write that Jane was from Nottingham. I wrote that she had said something in a Nottingham accent. I think that you are almost forced to say "duck" in a Nottingham accent if it follows the word "bloody". Aren't you, me duck?

Now, to go way off topic, the above is an example of how people choose to take something the wrong way to start and argument. This time it's not a real argument because Jane and I are mates (and we'll probably be lovers one day ) and there's nothing wrong with being from Nottingham or speaking in a Nottingham accent. BUT, I said Jane had said something in a Nottingham accent and she decided that I'd said she was FROM Nottingham - the whole plot of East Enders depends on misunderstandings like these.

......... the whole plot of East Enders depends on misunderstandings like these.[/I]
    But....... Nottingham; East Enders na wrong soap, or is it cum on now daarlin' now I know YOU are 'avin' Dirty Den's baby and now plan to knock 'im off

On a serious note - good point about misunderstandings

Back on thread - will 2005 be as good as previous Blackpool comps as a few of the main contenders will not be competing
    Last edited by Minnie M; 3rd-February-2005 at 11:13 AM.

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Now, to go way off topic, the above is an example of how people choose to take something the wrong way to start and argument. This time it's not a real argument because Jane and I are mates (and we'll probably be lovers one day ) and there's nothing wrong with being from Nottingham or speaking in a Nottingham accent. BUT, I said Jane had said something in a Nottingham accent and she decided that I'd said she was FROM Nottingham - the whole plot of East Enders depends on misunderstandings like these.
    What a load of cobblers Andy....me duck!!

Does Tony Blair know about you and SPIN? You've missed your true calling.

Thread Information