Thread: MJ Hall of Fame - Franck Pauly

MJ Hall of Fame - Franck Pauly

Quote Originally Posted by bigdjiver
    Franck, with this forum, might be making now a huge contribution in ways that mostly cannot all be measured.
    Franck - for two reasons - Franck's input into ceroc in Scotland (which I haven't yet been over to but hope to get there this year!). And this forum which is significant on the MJ scene. I've already said that without it I may not still be dancing (not that I dance very often!). Through it I have learned a lot, met lovely people and its encouraged me to keep dancing, go on weekenders and get things going over here. So Franck has had an impact on MJ in NI without even having been here!

I'm sure others can add to this thread...

Glitter Queen

Re: MJ Hall of Fame - Franck Pauly

Obviously Franck's huge amount of work on this forum is reason enough for him to be in here, but I would just like to point out specifically the huge success that was the BFG last year .
    Bringing together so many people for such an amazing dancing weekend has to be worth a mention, the best time was had by all!
    Thank you, Franck

Re: MJ Hall of Fame - Franck Pauly

From the "By Way of an Introduction" thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck
    To start the ball rolling, my name is Franck, Ceroc teacher and franchisee for Glasgow, Perth and Aberdeen (soon Stirling). I have been teaching for over 10 years now, and started (with Jean Harris) the first Ceroc night ever in Scotland, as well as pretty much every other class in Scotland since

I dance in Perth (where I am currently teaching) and in Glasgow / Aberdeen when I visit the venues. I can also be found dancing at most Glasgow / Aberdeen parties and very occasionally at Dundee / Edinburgh parties.

I have too many quirks to mention, but being a French man with a Scottish accent and an orange kilt will do for starters.

Ceroc for me is a way to make myself and other people happy and I started this Forum as a way to bring Cerocers across Scotland together.
    and from the "How did you get started" thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck
    Personally, I first got the bug when I saw the film "Dirty Dancing", and I thought one day I'll find a class and learn.
    It took me a couple of years, but eventually, a friend mentionned that a Jive class in Glasgow needed extra men, and I thought, why not... I got hooked pretty quickly (one night a week, then 2 then 3 and eventually 5 nights a week...). 2 years later, I started teaching at the first Ceroc night in Glasgow. The rest is history

Thread Information