Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spinning

Re: Spinning

Try doing a full spin upside down in a back somersault (called a full twisting back somersault) - took me ages to get it, but I only needed to get it right once and I had the feel of it and it was easy - just don't know why it took so long!!!!!

M

Quote Originally Posted by Graham
    I have a female friend who tried Ceroc and had the same reaction - she just got sick/dizzy from spinning. She dances Salsa instead.
    I haven't done loads of salsa, but from what I have done and seen others doing isn't there a lot of fast spins? I haven't seen free spins in salsa though.

I still find spinning difficult, but its a case of needing to practise and work on it (I hope!). At first I thought I would never get it - feeling dizzy not so much a problem (unless I am tired) but maintaining balance - and I noticed a big difference when I was wearing proper shoes.

Must practice more spinning. I usually dance in trousers, think I'll give the spinning out skirt style a go!

Quote Originally Posted by Zebra Woman
    I like to go to the limit and then be thrown into a really deep drop to recover.
    Yeah, but then don't you have to recover from the deep drop? I like it when I'm led to stop dead after a series of spins because I like the contrast of speed and stillness. And I get to recover a bit being held steady by his big, strong, manly arms. Awwww.

That is my absolute favourite thing, the feeling of lightheadedness spinning and the rush of blood to the head in the drop. But I have to say I know a lot of other women not so keen on this .
    I like that feeling too. it is SOOOO exhilarating, when it goes well. I seem to remember though, when I first started, being a bit overwhelmed by the spinning and got the feeling that some guys liked to spin inexperienced ladies a lot because it was a way of showing off easily. It was also tiring and difficult until my technique began to improve.

Thread Information