Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nails!

Re: Nails!

Quote Originally Posted by Lory
    I have my nails wrapped with acrylic and I'm very happy with them, I've always had fairly good nails but the nail varnish used to chip after only one day, so to keep them looking nice it was a daily chore but now, with the acrylic, the nail varnish lasts without chipping till my next visit BUT, I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for everyone. ........

Before thinking, it would be nice to have pretty looking nails for xmas, or a special occasion, I think there are a few considerations one has to make

1. Your own nails have to be 'roughed up' to provide a 'key' for the acrylic to adhere to.

2. It's not just a simple job to take them off, you have to also have that done by a nail technician and your own nail WILL be weaker after. So concider them to be permanent!

3. As your own nails grow, you get a ridge that needs to be 'infilled,' if you let them grow out for too long, they can become quite dangerous, as they will NOT break like a normal nail and if you catch them, they're likely to pull your whole nail off!

4, The cost. They cost round £30 initially and between £16 and £20 every 2-3 weeks to maintain.

4. Time. Each visit takes around an hour!

Having said all that, I love mine, I keep them fairly short with a simple French Manicure and I'm not in a hurry to go back to painting them every night!
    If you're at Hipsters tonight, I'll have a look at yours, but I would imagine that the roughing up of the nail surface is why I have been told 'not to go there'!

Thanks again for the advice.

Phil - where do you get these sites from! Yuch!

Elaine

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Nails!

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineB
    If you're at Hipsters tonight, I'll have a look at yours,

Elaine
    I'll be there! (reaches for the hand cream )
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Thread Information