Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sex on Legs!

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Rachel
    Your concern is so touching, Franck!
    Funny, "Touching" is exactly the word I had in mind when I was typing the above...

Franck.

Originally posted by Franck
    Funny, "Touching" is exactly the word I had in mind when I was typing the above...

Franck.
    Moderator!!

What about knee-high boots then???...

Jayne

B.T.C.
    Originally posted by Rachel
    Funny though, isn't it? I mean, don' t you think that if we asked the men the same question relating to ladies' attire, we'd get the same answer throughout - the shorter and skimpier the better? Men ... so predictable!

Any guys here disagree?
    Well same applies to some of the responses doesn't it ..ie depends who is 'inside' the outfit !:p

There are some women who look wonderful in long dresses, others look great in short 'spinny' skirts that show off their spins :sorry and some look terrific in trousers. Depends on their confidence, personality and their figure.

Haven't seen too many women who look good in shorts/hot pants. But on the skimpy image.....it can actually be almost off-putting if the woman is wearing very little. It was ok at Beach Boogie when we were outside but on a normal dance night too much skin is not always a good thing - believe it or not. It's a bit like seeing women with these hipsters that are popular now showing several inches of thong in the mistaken belief thatit's sexy !!!! . Thee are times when less is best

I think there's also an assumption that the less a woman wears the better dancer she is/might be, which is obviously not the case. But a skimpy outfit might be cool for the wearer and it will certainly get noticed - bit like one of the women dancing in London this year with a shortish skirt and a thong - making sure everyone could see that she was wearing very little. Instead of enhancing her dancing it actually detracted from it !

Anyway........ don't know now whether to wear the dinner suit and bow tine ( undone) as I did at Blackpool with the girls for the double trouble; my kilt and a lycra top; or my torn jeans and a t-shirt..................... and I can smile :p But somehow I think there would still be something missing

I reckon you would get a very similar response to what is above... eye contact, cheeky smile, fun to dance with, etc... would probably come first.

I would disagree that what you wear makes a big difference to how good you are to dance with! It might get you more dances though.
    Completely agree - after all, when you're actually dancing with someone, you can't really see their legs, for instance, so the thigh length boots and short skirt have more effect on those sitting out than on your partner.
    Admittedly the top comes in for closer scrutiny (not too close I hope! ) but I agree that it's the person's face I'm mostly looking at as I dance. Observation suggests I may be in a minority there though .

Originally posted by Bill

Anyway........ don't know now whether to wear the dinner suit and bow tine ( undone) as I did at Blackpool with the girls for the double trouble; my kilt and a lycra top; or my torn jeans and a t-shirt..................... and I can smile :p But somehow I think there would still be something missing

ooohh, Bill... I'd take pity on you and ask for a dance....

Jayne

Don't worry, Bill - from what I've been reading on this forum, it seems like you could impress the ladies no matter what you're wearing. You're obviously doing something very right!

Originally posted by Jayne

Franck.
    Moderator!!

What about knee-high boots then???...

Jayne

I can't think of a way to touch knee-high boots while dancing - that must be an advanced move

Originally posted by Graham

I can't think of a way to touch knee-high boots while dancing - that must be an advanced move
    There's a Rhumba move where the girl stands infront of the guy (both facing same direction) and she wraps her leg around his waist...

Shame you're that much taller than me Graham...

Jayne

There's a Rhumba move where the girl stands infront of the guy (both facing same direction) and she wraps her leg around his waist...
    D'oh! I should have thought more laterally - I was only trying to imagine touching your boots while your feet were on the floor.

Shame you're that much taller than me Graham...

Jayne
    But you're so flexible you can put your foot on your head! And I could always bend my knees a little

This thread is a minefield for any man to tread in, so - firmly strapping on my blindfold, no idea where my path will lead and trusting totally to luck - here goes:

Contrary to what might be implied in some of these messages, I don't believe most men (or women) go to a Ceroc night with the specific intention of trapping off with someone - not that there's anything actually wrong with that, it's just not the point. There's sometimes a bit of 3-minute fantasy while the music is playing if the dance is going well, but 999 times out of 1000 when the music stops that's it - otherwise the dance floor would be empty and the car park would be fuller than the Nantwich one!

In my experience, outfits at the regular weeknight classes are pretty sensible for both sexes - comfortable without being dowdy, and not really trying to make a major impression - the dance is definitely the thing. (Although I have been to some venues - not in Scotland, better not name names - where I have definitely got the impression that a number of those attending were pursuing a separate agenda!!)

At party nights, it's a chance to dress up, strut your stuff and look good. IMHO, most women get their outfits about right - enough on display to be tantalising, not too much to be threatening, and still comfortable to dance in. I also think a lot of women dress to look good for themselves and to impress other women, not just to be eye-candy for the guys, and that's ok too.

I have no doubt that an attractive woman who wears a crop top and/or bare shoulders with a short skirt (or tight trousers) will attract men's attention and is therefore more likely to be asked to dance - although there will always be some guys who are inhibited by too much flesh on display. Whether she will be asked by the same man to dance TWICE is going to depend on all the other factors that have been mentioned (smile, eye contact, enjoyment, synergy etc). I choose to dance with a woman because I know her / like her / enjoy dancing with her - if on some moves my hand can slide round her slightly damp bare waist that's a bonus!

But to get back to the original point of this thread, even at party nights most guys don't really make any special effort - it's still the same tired old t-shirt and jeans combo for most of us. Maybe that's just practical, or maybe that's what cuts it for a lot of women (up to them to say), but I think it would be good to see a bit more imagination from us guys - the occasional fancy/coloured/frilled/ghillie shirt or (dare I say it)
    ORANGE TROUSERS would at least show a bit of effort had gone into the clothes choice. As for kilts - well, having worn one for the first time at the Scottish Championships (sorry, Competition) I found it remarkably comfortable to dance in so my knees may be getting another airing at Glasgow in a few weeks - and I might even try the tight white shirt, pity about the upper body though.

Now, having typed all this, dare I send it - well, now you know the answer.

If you get the chance to watch the Dundee team cabaret again some time, you can check out this move almost at the end of the routine.

Commercial Operator

Sorry

Not trying to be controvertial here, HONEST

Does sexiness not come from within and how you carry yourself? How you walk, talk, dance and interact with other human beings?

God, I'm getting old

An Eclectic Toaster

Re: Re: Re: Sex on Legs!

Don't understand the DJ reference Stuart - who is it you're trying to impress again?
    Try searching the Forum with the phrase "VPL", Graham - the reference is to one of my earlier slaggings off by the hairy one.

But on the skimpy image.....it can actually be almost off-putting if the woman is wearing very little.
    I'd agree with Bill, particularly regarding backless numbers. Great to look at , but later on in the evening lack of towel-work (to remove that "glow" ) may result in less dances, as us guys try to avoid that "grappling with bar of soap" moment.

Well, at least on the dancefloor, anyway

BTW isn't it funny how the glossy mag principle is working here - put the word SEX on the cover and everyone looks...we're all so predictable

Re: Sorry

Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
    Not trying to be controvertial here, HONEST
    Get off Robert's computer, you imposter!!

God, I'm getting old
    Could make funny comment here, but people in glass houses shouldn't save nine kettles before they make light work

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sex on Legs!

Originally posted by Stuart M

Try searching the Forum with the phrase "VPL", Graham - the reference is to one of my earlier slaggings off by the hairy one.
    Okay, I understand the derivation now, but to repeat my earlier question, who is it you're trying to impress?? Surely you're not wanting to trade in your little friend for the aforementioned hairy one?

I'd agree with Bill, particularly regarding backless numbers. Great to look at , but later on in the evening lack of towel-work (to remove that "glow" ) may result in less dances, as us guys try to avoid that "grappling with bar of soap" moment.
    Doesn't that give an opportunity to offer assistance with a towel you handily brought along?

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Re: Re: Sorry

Could make funny comment here, but people in glass houses shouldn't save nine kettles before they make light work
    What the hell are you on about ?

Commercial Operator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sex on Legs!

See, Curtain? There can be only one!! Actually, that's not good as you are WAY closer to being a highlander than I. Mmm.

Off for a rethink.

And, anyway Stuart. It hurts to think that you think I slag you. are the violins playing yet?

I never mentioned the "Loveshack" thing once.

And the answer is???

Boy, what a monster I've created ... but don't seem to be that mch nearer a conclusion ... especialy since the boy's now seem to have taken over this thread

like some of the responses from the girls, though as Keith will bear testament to ... dinner jackets start out lloking good but are about the worst thing to dance in ... absolutely NO ventilation ...

Re
    Maybe that's just practical, or maybe that's what cuts it for a lot of women (up to them to say), but I think it would be good to see a bit more imagination from us guys - the occasional fancy/coloured/frilled/ghillie shirt or (dare I say it)
    ORANGE TROUSERS would at least show a bit of effort had gone into the clothes choice.
    ...fair comment ... if the ladies make an effort, why shouldn't the guys? OK, so we may have to work with, and maybe its less important, but it does make freestyles seem a bit more special.

Will be interesting to see how many chaps turn up in kilts ... not sure if the world is ready for the sight of my skinny calfs and nobbly kness so I think I shall stay covered .... bit disapointed that 'tight and figure revealing' doesn't seem to be popular with the lasses ... will have to see if I can get a refund on my lycra jazz pants (or just use them as a duster )

Originally posted by John S

If you get the chance to watch the Dundee team cabaret again some time, you can check out this move almost at the end of the routine.
    Different move, I'll try and work out exactly how you do it and if I can pay someone to dance with me I might do it at the 10th party...

Graham: why would he want to trade in his little friend???

Stuart: the reason why I keep coming back to this thread is not because you've typed a three letter word in big bold letters but because it's fun and work is dull.

Jayne

An Eclectic Toaster

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sex on Legs!

Okay, I understand the derivation now, but to repeat my earlier question, who is it you're trying to impress?? Surely you're not wanting to trade in your little friend for the aforementioned hairy one?
    Irony, my friend Graham. I assume anyone wishing to meet DJ CJ's exacting tastes should avoid VPL. As to me trading in - not a chance - and I'm buying a Bill mask next week just to make sure she doesn't :p . Before you say it, I'm working on the dancing skills too - I was following all her instructions on the dance floor last night. Just need to practice for a couple of years...
    Doesn't that give an opportunity to offer assistance with a towel you handily brought along?
    What, was I wandering around with it last night, in an apparently aimless fashion?
    No backless numbers anyway - I always check

I never mentioned the "Loveshack" thing once.
    No, but you never played it last night either... And if the avatar's anything to go by, you adopt a fairly basic approach to the VPL problem - no people, don't go there - oops, too late
    All in jest, CJ

Thread Information