Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Raunch Factor

Commercial Operator
    Originally posted by Franck
    Yeah CJ,
    I like it!

Could you confirm that the C after death, is not meant to be a G?
    When trying it out, the C sounded a bit too cheerful for the tone of the song

Likely we are singing 2 very different versions though... Maybe we should bring a guitar to the next night and have a bash!

Franck.
    2 be honest, F to G felt too obvious. I used F 2nd inversion(i.e. C in the bass) to root position open C and felt it was interesting enough without sounding "wrong." Oh, and the C is right on Death, not after

Hey, it was 2 in the morning, what more do u want??

Commercial Operator
    Originally posted by Bill
    Could you define raunchy Wendy ( not that Wendy is raunchy !! )
    Keep digging, my friend, keep digging.

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
    2 be honest, F to G felt too obvious. I used F 2nd inversion(i.e. C in the bass) to root position open C and felt it was interesting enough without sounding "wrong." Oh, and the C is right on Death, not after

Hey, it was 2 in the morning, what more do u want??
    Take your point about it being a bit predictable, but this is blues we are talking about!
    Still think the C is a bit too bright

I did realise the C was on death, but I was describing its position in your text...

Franck.

P.S. I am sure you make your best compositions at 2.00am

B.T.C.
    Originally posted by Ceroc Jock

Keep digging, my friend, keep digging.
    Well maybe she is......... I don't know her that well ! but don't think I've done any raunchy moves....... well none I'd regard as raunchy

Maybe I should try a few next time we dance Wendy

Versailles (yeah, in the chateau itself !)
    Jeez....

- feel quite chuffed to get this response to my very first thread !!!

on the other hand....

- feel like I should start a PhD on all this, armed with a highlighter pen, a thesaurus , a dictionary, an endless supply of coffee and roll-ups (oops slipped back to 1981 for a minute )

Whew !!!! There is so much to read... so much to quote and I play guitar so am dying to have a go at that song !!!!

Not enough wee yellow faces ..... sigh ....

I did look up raunchy and .. well ... emm... it doesn't mean what I thought it meant ... :sorry.... I didn't think it was quite as close (hee hee ) to sleazy as it appears to be....

So this is what I'll be writing in my vocabulary notebook 1000 times before I start another thread in my life ever !!!!

raunchy 1. lecherous or smutty 2. slovenly or dirty

Absolutely not what I meant, honest !!!!! Can I borrow that spade Bill !!!

Still working on what I did mean ... with my tail between my legs (Franck is that a move ???? ) so bear with me or is it bare with me ... I'll just go and look that up ...

Wx

It was a good thread though Wendy!!!

Fran.

Versailles (yeah, in the chateau itself !)
    Fran, I've loved your comments throughout this !!! and I KNOW you know what I'm talking about !!!!

It has been a good thread hasn't it ????

Wx

Dundee Translation!!!!

:sorry :sorry Sorry Fran!!!! It's just dawned on me how "pussie-seekness" could be misconstrued!!!!!!!!:sorry :sorry
    Only Dundonians would know for sure what I meant and how it should be said!!!!!!!LOL
    For anyone who is wondering it is pronounced puh-say seek-ness and if you ever hear a Dundonian proclaim that he/she is pussieseek you will know that they are expressing that they are extremely pissed off!!!!! Ye ken hen ?????????
    As for 'Gadgie', sorry Gadget it is not as you might have hoped, a Glaswegian term of endearment, it's actually a Dundonian insult!!!
    Sorry that should be on another thread- but hey - who cares!!!!!!

Heather

Originally posted by Wendy

It has been a good thread hasn't it ????

Wx
    most certainly has wendy - I just loooooooooove blues - but didnt mean to get on a soap box though. I am normally so quiet!!!!

well unless the subject of blues and dyslexia comes up then feel free to tell me to be hush up!! as long as no one shouts at me

its been fun - and quite revealing

fran. x

Re: Dundee Translation!!!!

Originally posted by Heather
    :sorry :sorry Sorry Fran!!!! It's just dawned on me how "pussie-seekness" could be misconstrued!!!!!!!!:sorry :sorry
    Only Dundonians would know for sure what I meant and how it should be said!!!!!!!LOL
    For anyone who is wondering it is pronounced puh-say seek-ness and if you ever hear a Dundonian proclaim that he/she is pussieseek you will know that they are expressing that they are extremely pissed off!!!!! Ye ken hen ?????????

Heather
    thanks for clearing that up Heather!! I just had the impression it meant somthing else - but never let it be said that I am not broad minded!!

must admit I have just tried to break it down and pronounce it and have failed miserably good job no one was listening!!!- so will need some elecution lessons from you next time I see you if that is o.k

take care fran

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Re: Re: Dundee Translation!!!!

Originally posted by Fran

must admit I have just tried to break it down and pronounce it and have failed miserably good job no one was listening!!!- so will need some elecution lessons from you next time I see you if that is o.k

take care fran
    Try this then Fran - puss (as in the stuff that's in a boil - yuk!)
    add "eh" to the end of it (as in what did you just say?) then seek (as in go find!)

and there you have it pusseh seek (totally dumbfounded and heartily sick of everything!) - it's a great term - and well used in Dundee that's for sure

Re: Re: Re: Dundee Translation!!!!

Originally posted by Sheena

and there you have it pusseh seek (totally dumbfounded and heartily sick of everything!) - it's a great term - and well used in Dundee that's for sure
    .... thanks Sheena- that will go with the circles then?
    I like the circles one though - its very logical

I think the pussy one loses something because of my not very scottish accent. Oh my god!!!! - as I type I have just realised the spelling difference Heather in the pusse which was why I thought it was something else!!!!!!!sorry there is'nt a little face for embarresment on the smiles but take it from me,I would have to put a few on!!!!:sorry

yes there is I have just found it,

fran...........

Re: Dundee Translation!!!!

Originally posted by Heather
    As for 'Gadgie', sorry Gadget it is not as you might have hoped, a Glaswegian term of endearment, it's actually a Dundonian insult!!!
    I hope it's not a recent term - I would be most insulted.
    What does 'gadgie' refer to then?

B.T.C.

Re: Re: Re: Dundee Translation!!!!

Originally posted by Sheena

Try this then Fran - puss (as in the stuff that's in a boil - yuk!)
    add "eh" to the end of it (as in what did you just say?) then seek (as in go find!)

The Dundee accent is out on it's own !!!!!!!!!!:p Just as well that the Dundee gang can all speak non-Dundonian as well otherwise we'd need translators .................are all oyu lot the posh Dundonians then who live in the 'Ferry ?????

Sexy is a state of mind......

You could stand there for the whole song and grind your crotches together and not look sexy....

When you have a real connection with the person you are dancing with its like flirting or even making love with them (not literally) and it is as if no one else is there.

I only ever really dance like that with people I know well and have danced with for years. Its just like acting our a love scene in a movie. You have to put every thing into it.

The real trick is not "sexy" moves but eye contact and expression. I will do close moves with women if it is something that fits with the song but if I don't like them it never has that same spark. Dancing with someone you reallllllyy don't like is horrible, its like a one night stand with someone after getting drunk (I don't do that by the way). Sometimes you have to out of politeness........

Re: Sexy is a state of mind......

Originally posted by horsey_dude
    its like a one night stand with someone after getting drunk (I don't do that by the way). Sometimes you have to out of politeness........
    So in NZ the polite thing to do after getting drunk is to have a one night stand with someone ?

Re: Re: Sexy is a state of mind......

Originally posted by Graham
    So in NZ the polite thing to do after getting drunk is to have a one night stand with someone ?
    Ok maybe that was not a good analogy.......

Originally posted by horsey_dude
    its like a one night stand with someone after getting drunk (I don't do that by the way). Sometimes you have to out of politeness........
    such chivalry!! who said it was dead!!

you do have a point about dancing close to some one that you may not get on with for what ever reason, it can be uncomfortable - but, in blues the woman can control how close she allows herself to go to the man and if the man knows what he is doing and is leading well , he can also maintain an suitable distance if he needs to. But when you do the "right" conection it is wonderful.

fran

Commercial Operator

Re: Raunch Factor

have been re-reading this thread...

who says the quality of the Forum has gone down hill recently?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by horsey_dude View Post
    its like a one night stand with someone after getting drunk (I don't do that by the way). .
    Yes my sex life took a real dip when I stoped drinking

At least im in control enough to make the choise now

Thread Information