Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Role Reversal

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by bigdjiver
    The lead in she asked me to use would not permit of any confusion as it involved the man saying "Sailor" and leading the lady in frontof him and then behind. I do seem to recall many years ago being taught this move with the man saluting as the initial signal. If that memory is correct then there is obviously scope for disaster.
    A follower would have to be out of their mind to fall over based on what they think a signal means.

Commercial Operator
    Originally posted by bigdjiver
    As it happens ...

Last night a young lady asked me to do the "Sailor" - the move where a lady salutes, and then falls sideways in the trust that partner will catch her.

The lead in she asked me to use would not permit of any confusion as it involved the man saying "Sailor" and leading the lady in frontof him and then behind. I do seem to recall many years ago being taught this move with the man saluting as the initial signal. If that memory is correct then there is obviously scope for disaster.
    I know this move, and I've done it as both leader and follower. Down here in Sussex we call it the layby - don't ask me why. And even then there are two different versions. I do the version described above when I'm leading - I lead it from a L/R hand hold, pull my partner in to my left side and say 'layby' into his/her right ear, push him/her back out, pull past my front, catch R/L, pull behind, catch L/R, give a gentle pull in front, let go and my partner puts his/her left hand to the hip and sort of salutes with the right and falls to their right to be caught either side in my manly arms on the way down. Your left hand goes in the angle of their elbow and your right goes on their side just below the armpit. This is quite spectacular in freestyle and often gets clapped. There is one warning I'd like to give. Your right hand needs to be placed carefully along your partners side. If you catch your partners side on your right wrist their right breast sort on nestles into your right hand as you stop your partner hitting the floor

When I'm being the follower I have to turn slightly to the right to make this happen as my false breasts don't really move much

Before anyone says anything, of course they're false

Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
    A follower would have to be out of their mind to fall over based on what they think a signal means.
    A necessary qualification for dancing with me?

Thread Information