Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Room 101

Re: Room 101

Quote Originally Posted by Rhythm King
    Meanwhile, I hate the new London bendy buses.
    We used to have these in Belfast on some of the busier routes about 10 years ago - but no double deckers. Gone back to the double deckers now - maybe too many people were getting on at the middle!

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn
    We used to have these in Belfast on some of the busier routes about 10 years ago - but no double deckers. Gone back to the double deckers now - maybe too many people were getting on at the middle!
    I think the bendy buses are really scary, especially when you are turning the corner the other way and you think they are going to swing into you, Glasgow has loads of those buses!!!! :which is the scared smiley:

There are many things I'd ditch into room 101, but one comes to mind instantly while catching up with today's threads.....

Internet forum pendants!! - I see no point whatsoever in correcting people's posts (other than trying to appear clever), and if this was done to me as constantly in real life, I'd just walk away.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gojive

Internet forum pendants!! - I see no point whatsoever in correcting people's posts (other than trying..blahblah blah
    Did you perhaps mean pedants

....you did that on purpose didn't you surely posts like that don't happen just by chance

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe
    Did you perhaps mean pedants

....you did that on purpose didn't you surely posts like that don't happen just by chance

Glitter Queen

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel
    I think the bendy buses are really scary...
    ...especially the ones in London which, earlier in the year, were spontaneously bursting into flame (if I have time I'll look up the headlines later on).
    Not only are they a complete menace on the roads, they go over the pavements when they go around corners (and so are dangerous to pedestrians) and they also appear to 'self-destruct'!

Just say right at the start 'I don't buy things over the telephone' then they don't even bother starting their sales pitch. Its not that I get annoyed listening to them, I get annoyed at them phoning people at home, interrupting their lives and families to try to sell something. IMO that's not what the telephone is for.
    I agree with consigning telemarketing phonecalls to Room 101. One way I deal with this is to keep asking them where they got my details from, especially the ones who claim that I completed a survey (I never do). I found the enclosed piece which contains some other hints for getting rid of them:

http://www.bankrate.com/nsc/news/advice/20031107a1.asp

I would also like to consign lorry drivers (apologies to any responsible ones out there), especially the ones who feel they have to overtake another lorry on a dual carriageway while going 5mph faster. Also that BMW driver on the M4 today who pulled across three lanes of traffic while talking on his mobile phone and nearly ploughed into me in the process.

Commercial Operator

Fab thread..........Room 101 eh?.......
    Call on Me by eric Prydz........in you go...

Quote Originally Posted by Dance Demon
    We'll have Trampy putting The Mavericks DTNA in next...

Glitter Queen

If he doesn't, I will
    But let's not let this thread deteriorate into that again...

Quote Originally Posted by Dance Demon

I'l second and third that motion.............. goodbye

The Forum Legend

I always do what Lynn tells me, don'cha know....

Bye Bye Mavericks!!

Trampy

Mavericks and eric to go!!!!

Blog Entries

People with their priorities wrong.....

I worked in a supermarket when I was wee and have a particular memory of a girl of 20ish who came up to the counter with her 4ish year old son who had a snotty, scabby nose and unwashed face, smelled bad and whose trousers did not meet his shoes by about 4 inches.

She bought 40 cigarettes and a bottle of own brand vodka for a total of about £12 at the time.

So far so bad, but we actually had the local bobby waiting outside because we had seen her lift a packet of (89p) sausages.

Her "excuse" was that she couldn't afford to feed the boy so had to steal.
    (no the other items were not for someone else)

(It's a small town and this wasn't as harsh as you might think, he just gave her a talking to and called her social worker to give her another talking to)

sad eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicklet
    People with their priorities wrong.....

I worked in a supermarket when I was wee and have a particular memory of a girl of 20ish who came up to the counter with her 4ish year old son who had a snotty, scabby nose and unwashed face, smelled bad and whose trousers did not meet his shoes by about 4 inches.

She bought 40 cigarettes and a bottle of own brand vodka for a total of about £12 at the time.

So far so bad, but we actually had the local bobby waiting outside because we had seen her lift a packet of (89p) sausages.

Her "excuse" was that she couldn't afford to feed the boy so had to steal.
    (no the other items were not for someone else)

(It's a small town and this wasn't as harsh as you might think, he just gave her a talking to and called her social worker to give her another talking to)

sad eh?
    It really is sad! I live in paisley and its pretty much the same here, except for they dont just get a talking to!

Because of this thread i started to read 1984 again, and last night i was having all sorts of wierd dreams, including microchipping people!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel
    Mavericks and eric to go!!!!
    I object. Save the Mavericks!!

Eric can go, though

I have a huge list - I must be a stressed out person........

Anyway, a new one - people who go into restaurants to sell things to the unsuspecting diners. Especially flowers! I start getting really edgy and inform my partner not to buy anything as soon as I spot them bearing down on us with a bucket of false roses!

Oh yes, and people who come round to the table playing instruments and singing - or at least can't! Happened to me in Italy and we gave them money - to go away!!

Elaine

PS - BMW drivers are just like that - it's in their genes, but not a lot else (sorry any of you who have one, but had the operation to be like normal people!)

Quote Originally Posted by RobC
    I turned the tables on them, cutting them off mid-sales pitch and started asking them for their personal details saying that I couldn't discuss my personal details with them without first confirming their identity. It was surprising how quickly they hung up on me muttering
    I love that idea! I'm definitely gonna try THAT one out!

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineB
    I have a huge list - I must be a stressed out person........

Anyway, a new one - people who go into restaurants to sell things to the unsuspecting diners. Especially flowers! I start getting really edgy and inform my partner not to buy anything as soon as I spot them bearing down on us with a bucket of false roses!

Oh yes, and people who come round to the table playing instruments and singing - or at least can't! Happened to me in Italy and we gave them money - to go away!!

Elaine

PS - BMW drivers are just like that - it's in their genes, but not a lot else (sorry any of you who have one, but had the operation to be like normal people!)
    Talking of BMW drivers, there is a woman who insists, despite being asked several times, notes on her car etc, on parking in our yard at work. 2 weeks ago I was out there when she came back to her car, I said "I've asked you repeatedly not to park in our car park, it doesn't belong to the school" She said, very cockily, "Well, I just can't do what I'm told, can I?" I replied "That's probably cos you're thick!" She flounced into her car and away. Next day, my new car had a key scratch down the side!

Yesterday, there she was again! So, I put a note on her car saying "This is NOT a school car park!" Minutes later I went back out and the note was gone, but the car was still there. So, in a moment of anger, I drove my car behind hers and straight across our car park entrance. She came flying round minutes later having picked her small son up from school, shouting like a fishwife "Move that car this minute or I'll crash mine into it!" I just smiled and said "Nope". She then said "I'm going to the post office" (cheeky b*tch!) "if its still there when I get back I'll crash into it" She is shouting all the while, whilst I am perfectly calm (don't they just HATE that?) I said "Please yourself, I'm not moving it" About 10 minutes later I went out and the cheeky cow had PUSHED by car forward somehow (had to have done, cos it was nearer the fence and I left no room for escape) and driven off, but not before gouging another scratch down my rear passenger door. Needless to say, this time I have called the police, who should be here today to take my statement! Grrrrrrr! Fishwife-type thirty-something, nothing better to do than harrass people, BMW drivers.........(pulls lever) bye, bye !!!!

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineB
    Erm....Chicklet.........you still driving that nice red BMW then?.....

Thread Information