Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trick or Treat ?

The Perfect Woman!

Thanks

Thanks for all the support on here . I was feeling extremely shaky and vunerable yesterday. I will never know who did it or even why - my assumption that it was aggrieved 'trick-or-treaters' comes only because of my general feeling of unease re living in London.

I know I'm scrooge like when it comes to Halloween, but that stems from my children being absolutely petrified of anyone dressed up when they were small, so we have always avoided it ! Interested that the original intention of 'trick' was a performance of some kind - what a shame we can't get back to that....

Foxy
    ( actually more cross today, because the glazier took 9 hours not to turn up !! They've promised me between 9 and 10 tomorrow - who'll give me odds !)

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Re: Trick or Treat ?

In N.Ireland we dont celebrate Guy Fawkes night! Dont know why? Maybe because we dont have enough things to burn. One bonfire night a year is plenty!!!!

I love to see the kids dressed up at Halloween, as long as they are not knocking on my door!

Re: Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by foxylady
    Thanks for all the support on here . I was feeling extremely shaky and vunerable yesterday. I will never know who did it or even why - my assumption that it was aggrieved 'trick-or-treaters' comes only because of my general feeling of unease re living in London.

I know I'm scrooge like when it comes to Halloween, but that stems from my children being absolutely petrified of anyone dressed up when they were small, so we have always avoided it ! Interested that the original intention of 'trick' was a performance of some kind - what a shame we can't get back to that....

Foxy
    ( actually more cross today, because the glazier took 9 hours not to turn up !! They've promised me between 9 and 10 tomorrow - who'll give me odds !)
    Hi Foxy,

You shouldn't feel that you need to explain why you don't like Halloween - my feeling is that just because you don't want to take part, you shouldn't have to suffer the consequences. I would rather neighbours checked first if one wants to be part of the 'game', but I suspect that in your case it was some yobbie little 12 year old!

I don't like Halloween, Valentines day or party bags! The reason is that I don't like to be coerced into taking part by commercial enterprise. And the person who invented party bags should be shot!

Elaine

Re: Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineB
    Hi Foxy,

You shouldn't feel that you need to explain why you don't like Halloween - my feeling is that just because you don't want to take part, you shouldn't have to suffer the consequences. I would rather neighbours checked first if one wants to be part of the 'game', but I suspect that in your case it was some yobbie little 12 year old!

I don't like Halloween, Valentines day or party bags! The reason is that I don't like to be coerced into taking part by commercial enterprise. And the person who invented party bags should be shot!

Elaine

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel
    In N.Ireland we dont celebrate Guy Fawkes night!...Maybe because we dont have enough things to burn.
    Well, you see plenty of burning cars at certain times of the year in certain areas!

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel
    One bonfire night a year is plenty!!!!

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn
    Well, you see plenty of burning cars at certain times of the year in certain areas!
    But there is no gun powder involved!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn
    Thank you, at least someone got my joke!!!!

Thread Information