Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Freestyle Nights

Commercial Operator

Re: Christmas Freestyle Nights

Quote Originally Posted by Savant
    What's the problem Andy?

If you don't think that it's a fair price, then don't go. Simple. Why bother keeping on banging a drum about it? And if everyone thought that way, then no-one would go, and they'd have to reduce their prices or cancel the night.

It's still a cheaper night out than most non-dancing events that are on around Christmas time I think. And you get to dance too. Sounds like a bargain to me.

Exactly the point

Go into the West End and see what if you could get for £20, or even £10
    in October.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lindyloo
    We have Champagne and lots of canapes between 8 - 9.30pm
    There is a palmist walking round then reading fortunes.
    There is another "hired" game
    Plus coffee, fruit and cakes at midnight. There are 2 DJ's playing until 2am (probably later - last year they finished at 3.30am)
    The venue is fully decorated with gas filled balloons and there will also be a photographer there

Andy, I don't think you actually read this properly!

The question you asked was, what EXTRA are you getting for your money?

Read again!

There are 2 DJ's playing until 2am (probably later - last year they finished at 3.30am) = AT LEAST 3hours extra freestyle!

= an EXTRA DJ

We have Champagne and lots of canapes between 8 - 9.30pm = FOOD AND DRINK

There is a palmist walking round then reading fortunes. = EXTRA ENTERTAINMENT

There is another "hired" game = MORE EXTRA ENTERTAINMENT

Plus coffee, fruit and cakes at midnight. = EXTRA FOOD AND DRINKS

The venue is fully decorated with gas filled balloons = DECORATIONS

and there will also be a photographer there = ANOTHER EXTRA THAT I KNOW YOU'D BE IN INTERESTED IN!

I think I can see where the extra £13 is going! and what Lindyloo was saying was, you COULD of had all this EXTRA for just £3 in October!
    Last edited by Lory; 7th-December-2004 at 11:28 AM.
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Savant
    If you don't think that it's a fair price, then don't go. Simple.
    Nuff said!

No one forces you to buy a Porche ... you look at the price and work out of you can afford it and if it gives you value for money. Unless you are REALLY SAD and HAVE TO dance ... you can always vote with your feet ... loads of options.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Lory
    ANOTHER EXTRA THAT I KNOW YOU'D BE IN INTERESTED IN!
    That would be dancing with Lory - and that's worth an extra £20 on it's own

Quote Originally Posted by Lory
    I think I can see where the extra £13 is going! and what Lindyloo was saying was, you COULD of had all this EXTRA for just £3 in October!
    So, we are getting a lot more for our £13, why didn't you say? Although I still think £20 is too much for a dance, even with all those extras.

And, I still say that someone is cashing in on it being Christmas by putting up their prices. It might be the venue owner, it might be the MJ organiser, but it goes against the spirit of Christmas - which is all about giving

My own venue in Shoreham is having a Christmas party on Thursday the 23rd December (the usual class night). There's an extra hour of freestyle, mince pies, After Eight mints, tea and coffee - and the will be a silly game with chocolate as the prizes. The entry price is usually £6, the price for this night is £6 - there's no extra charge as this is our way of saying "thank you for your support"

The Dashing Moderator

Re: Northwich Christmas Freestyle Night

Quote Originally Posted by Gus
    Well ... still recovering from our Saturday night event. The crew did a great effort in to do the venue up ... it looked great and we had a sold out house ... 240 dancers (we had about 30 last minute phone calls for tickets AFTER we posted the SOLD OUT signs!) Even had a royal visitation, the Oracle and Lily came ... rumour has it that DaveB actualy managed a comlete spin ... though it did take him a whole track to complete it. Great to see other forumites there ... including DavidY, RoyBoy and others whos names I've forgotten ( ).
    Yep - another great night at Northwich.

Good to get a couple of dances with LilyB too (sorry Lily I didn't introduce myself. )
    Love dance, will travel

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38
    How many people go to a 'christmas eve 'dance event ?
    Who knows? Maybe only the real addicts, but the last time I went to one of these events I had a great night.

Greg

We ran a Boxing Day Night freestyle last year which was pretty busy, most people were pleased to get out of the house by then!!

Don't forget Twyford is on this Christmas Eve too, starting at 8.00pm and finishing at midnight!!!

It's going to be a cracker of a night! Get it! Maybe this should be another thread, 'what's your best Christmas joke?'

Quote Originally Posted by Bex
    Don't forget Twyford is on this Christmas Eve too, starting at 8.00pm and finishing at midnight!!!
    Count me in

Commercial Operator

[QUOTE=Andy McGregor]That would be dancing with Lory - and that's worth an extra £20 on it's own

And, I still say that someone is cashing in on it being Christmas by putting up their prices. It might be the venue owner, it might be the MJ organiser, but it goes against the spirit of Christmas - which is all about giving

Andy I'm very happy for you to pay the venue directly and i'll put everything else on and charge just £10.
    XMas is the time for giving after all - everyone would be so grateful

Commercial Operator

My own venue in Shoreham is having a Christmas party on Thursday the 23rd December (the usual class night). There's an extra hour of freestyle, mince pies, After Eight mints, tea and coffee - and the will be a silly game with chocolate as the prizes. The entry price is usually £6, the price for this night is £6 - there's no extra charge as this is our way of saying "thank you for your support" [/QUOTE]

Just curious how much does it cost to hire your venue that night?

Commercial Operator

Just curious how much does it cost to hire your venue that night?
    The same hourly rate as usual.

Commercial Operator

Still getting enquiries about Route 66 Christmas party on Friday 17th. Sorry folks but this is COMPLETELY SOLD OUT......Please please, please...if you don't have a ticket, don't turn up on the night hoping to pay at the door, as we will have to turn you away ...We have already increased the numbers as much as we can, without affecting the quality of the night, and can't get any one else in. Sorry to anyone who didn't get a ticket.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor
    The same hourly rate as usual.
    And what is your hourly rate? Probably alot cheaper than mine!

I can see very well where Andy comes from. The reason why I am hardly seen at Ceroc/MJ events since I came to the UK is the price. It is just steep. When I go to a Salsa night I'll have a live band when they charge 10 pounds. It keeps bugging me every time I plan out my nights and weekends, how come Salsa is so much cheaper than Ceroc? Do they get the halls for free because the girls show up in skimpier dresses?

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas
    ....how come Salsa is so much cheaper than Ceroc? Do they get the halls for free because the girls show up in skimpier dresses?
    HOLD ON! In that case ... what could possibly entice you to come to Ceroc?? (makes note to find nearest Salsa club .. purely on the grounds of research of course)

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas
    how come Salsa is so much cheaper than Ceroc?
    'cause they only play one song?
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LilyB
    Wish I was going!!!
    So do we - it's not that far from London Lily - you could still be back home in time for Christmas
    *cue scary hypnotising voice* "Come to Stirling - you know you want to"
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Commercial Operator

My own venue in Shoreham is having a Christmas party on Thursday the 23rd December (the usual class night). There's an extra hour of freestyle, mince pies, After Eight mints, tea and coffee - and the will be a silly game with chocolate as the prizes. The entry price is usually £6, the price for this night is £6 - there's no extra charge as this is our way of saying "thank you for your support"

On that note just to let you know that my actual Xmas party party at Ashton's is on Wed 22nd Dec when we will have mince pies, etc AND a band "The Fraud Squad", who I think you saw and liked.
    This is all for the normal price.
    I guess this could be seen as a thankyou to everyone for all their support, although at Ashton's we do put on alot throughout the year also at the same prices (bands/guest DJ's/ Guest teachers) and people do appreciate this

And for the reply about ceroc venues being more expensive than salsa, you said I think that a salsa night was £10 with a band. Our usual nights are £6 / £7, and with a band they are either £7 or maximum £8, so I don't know where you get that from. Also I have been to salsa clubs and paid £10 / £12 for a normal night - depending on how many lessons you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus
    HOLD ON! In that case ... what could possibly entice you to come to Ceroc?? (makes note to find nearest Salsa club .. purely on the grounds of research of course)
    They don't play enough Merengue in London. And the Salsa they play is too fast to do complex moves and still give the girls enough time to recover. So Ceroc is good for practicing the more complex moves that one otherwise forgets

Do I get away with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerbabe
    'cause they only play one song?
    Fair enough, but if you go every day that makes 365 songs a year! Still way too much to learn the lyrics for all of them

Thread Information