Hi guys,
IÕve been watching with interest the comments re changing or introducing new categories to the competition/s.
We had similar comments after our comp in Blackpool and that is why we introduced the Veterans category (This is nothing to do with solders from Nam by the way!).
As this is obviously a great way to shape compÕs of the future, could people making the suggestions please think them through. I am definitely not having a go at anybody, as I truly believe this is the way forward, but as an example:
A teachers category just for teachers; Who are they, if you have taught for 6 weeks, you will not go up against the likes of Victor etc, therefore do we have a supper teacher cat? If they have a teachers own cat, then what do we do with their cat? Does this become an Advanced for non-teachers, if so who will be allowed in it? I.e 3 years or more, experienced dancers? How do we police it, do we get letters off their teachers? Will this mean the Intermediate cat, becomes 3 years dancing or less? How is this policed, maybe a letter off their parents (Being pedantic now) & if this is the case do we have an absolute beginners category? Finally with all these catÕs would you feel the competition has suddenly become too diluted & too longwinded?
Your competition had 5 categories, it now has 8. Shall we drop the freestyle maybe????
Food for thought.
Please, please, please, send how your ideas can be policed & think about the knock on effect it may have.
Sorry if this upsets anybody, but if we are going to help you get what you want, we need more help.
Keith