Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edinburgh Advanced Ceroc Night

Thumbs up Edinburgh Advanced Ceroc Night

In response to a number of requests Ceroc plan to run an Advanced Course. The focus of this course will be advanced moves (including some drops and lifts), style and footwork.

The idea of this class is to challenge experienced dancers with a view to moving them to the next level. It is therefore vital that people wishing to attend this course are completely comfortable with dancing intermediate moves. The course will be much more hands on than a traditional Ceroc class and therefore where appropriate constructive comment about your Dance will be given.

As an experiment and so as not to conflict too much with other events the class will run fortnightly for 4 nights only on a Wednesday evening 8 pm til 10 pm, which is the only week night other than Friday available.

There will not be a freestyle component to the night though there will be some music for practice.

Ideally people wishing to attend this course should sign up with a partner, the rationale for this is that at normal ceroc nights practice will be easier to achieve should it be required. Numbers for this course will be limited.

The first block of 4 course nights will run on the 3 Nov, 17th Nov, 1 Dec, 15th Dec. If this proves to be successful then we may continue the course into next year.

The course will run in Edinburgh, Marcos Leisure Centre, Studio 3 and the cost for all four nights, payable in advance, will be £ 25.00/person.

As some of you may recall we tried to run an Advanced Freestyle night on a Friday but had limited success. I have changed the format so it is more interactive. If you are interested in improving your dance please contact me at Dance@ceroc.info, tel 01620 860008 or register interest at one of the Edinburgh Ceroc Nights.

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Edinburgh Advanced Ceroc Night

Quote Originally Posted by Scot
    The first block of 4 course nights will run on the 3 Nov, 17th Nov, 1 Dec, 15th Dec. If this proves to be successful then we may continue the course into next year.
    Excellent idea, and I will watch the experiment with interest as I am interested in starting similar classes next year, I like the idea of a limited time, and having to commit for the duration...
    Franck.

There's an A.P.P. for that!

In response to a number of requests Ceroc plan to run an Advanced Course. The focus of this course will be advanced moves (including some drops and lifts), style and footwork.
    Best of luck!

Personally, I prefer to concentrate on style, rather than complicated moves.

I have been disapointed several times by Ceroc Advanced level classes where the sole object seems to be to race through four challenging moves as quickly as possible ... I suspect that the jerky, wrenchy results are almost unfollowable ...

I take your point, but no that is not really what I am trying to achieve it will be a combination of move and style the two in my opnion go hand in hand, and since I am big flow man it will definitely not be jerky, also it will be more than four moves.

To be honest I see it more like a workshop than a typical Ceroc class so I would hope to get feedback on the spot.

However since the oppertunity has presented itself there is a Style Workshop on the 30th of October for those just focused on that.

PS I will not be teaching Peter's Avatar that looks pretty painful

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

However since the oppertunity has presented itself there is a Style Workshop on the 30th of October for those just focused on that.

Where?

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel
    Where?
    Sorry Edinburgh, Marcos and there is also a party that night if you are from the West.

Sorry Edinburgh, Marcos and there is also a party that night if you are from the West.
    So there's no party if you're from the East?

(J/K - I know what you meant really )

Quote Originally Posted by Graham
    So there's no party if you're from the East?

(J/K - I know what you meant really )

Are you not a westie anyway?

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Peter
    I have been disapointed several times by Ceroc Advanced level classes where the sole object seems to be to race through four challenging moves as quickly as possible ... I suspect that the jerky, wrenchy results are almost unfollowable ...
    I've found the same as Peter. The advanced classes Ceroc classes I've been to have been about teaching complicated moves that aren't very easily led. I never heard anything about style - although at one we were told to bounce our hand to mark the beat in one of the moves

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor
    I've found the same as Peter. The advanced classes Ceroc classes I've been to have been about teaching complicated moves that aren't very easily led. I never heard anything about style - although at one we were told to bounce our hand to mark the beat in one of the moves
    Well time for a change then

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel
    Are you not a westie anyway?
    Do I look like this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Graham
    Do I look like this?

a little bit!!

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor
    Obviously you've been to the wrong Advanced Ceroc classes Indeed you just missed the BFG which was in my opinion, full of Advanced classes (though I would have hated to label them that).
    There were no complex / intricate / uncomfortable moves to be seen, and plenty of style, technique as well as leading, following, musicality, inspiring moves, sexyness...
    The only bouncing I can lay claim to was during the Turbo Jive workshop, where the floor was literally jumpin'
    Franck.

There's an A.P.P. for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Franck
    The only bouncing I can lay claim to was during the Turbo Jive workshop, where the floor was literally jumpin'
    Oh i'm sad i missed that one now.

Although i dont think i could have jumped for very long as i left at 3:30 ish and stopped in Stirling and preceeded to fall asleep in my car and wake up at 6:00!

Blog Entries

FWIW, Andy and Peter, you're a pair of horrors!!!

I read Scot's post and in no way thought it suggested the emphasis would be on moves and if I was Scot I would be banging my head on a brick wall that the second post on the thread was suggesting that this *wild paraphrasing* probably won't be much cop cos other ones haven't been.

1) Scot for having the balls to "just do it" with this and see what happens

2) Southerners: have you no a' clicked YET that we do EVERYTHING better in Scotland ....and that in no way should a negative teaching experience in the South suggest it's likely to be similar here!!!

NB...I KNOW neither of the gents said anything derogatory about Scot, I know they were just giving what are valid views on a subject they have related knowledge of so don't start a "he said she said", I'm just disappointed that the first 3 pages of this thread aren't folkses clapping!!!!!

Now if I can just find a suitable gentleman.....I'll be there!
    C

Quote Originally Posted by Chicklet
    Now if I can just find a suitable gentleman.....I'll be there!
    And if could get up North more regularly, I would be there too ... it sounds excellent. Maybe there will be more emphasis on style taught in Ceroc South England soon. Here's hoping! BEST OF LUCK, Scot! I hope they all go for it!
    I will not be teaching Peter's Avatar that looks pretty painful
    Pain is the last thing on my mind when dancing with Amy (she who shares my Avtar)
    Last edited by Peter; 5th-October-2004 at 03:12 PM.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Chicklet
    FWIW, Andy and Peter, you're a pair of horrors!!!
    It's just envy. There is a school of thought in our area that complicated means advanced. From everything I've seen and read about the teaching in Scotland, your advanced teaching will be what I hope an advanced lesson will be.

So, well done Scot

.. is that enought clapping?

Blog Entries

that's more like it, thanks boys!

(I do like it when they do as they're told...now, when's that class on advanced backleading again......)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter
    PS Pain is the last thing on my mind when dancing with Amy (see my Avtar, on the left)

I'm sure it is!

The idea of this class is to challenge experienced dancers with a view to moving them to the next level. .
    Daft question ... and not trying to be negative ... but will there be a vetting procedure in place? A common complain about the advanced classes we currently do in Blitz is that you get people participating who clearly arent up to standard. I'm not sure myself how to deal with the situation ... hoping they will recognise they are out of their depth and drop out or do I look them square in the eye and tell them to

Must admit I like the concept of teaching it as a short course. Good idea! Think Nigel and Nina did something similar a few years back on the South Coast (and Oxford?) and from what I heard it went very well.

Thread Information