Thread: On a rotten night ...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

On a rotten night ...

Can I just congratulate those of you who faced the driving wind and rain to make it to class tonight. I was amazed at the amount of people that showed up on a night that could only be described as nightmarish.

That's devotion for you!!

I think we can safely assume that only the "hardcore" turned up, but bravo for effort. I also think I should mention that Franck never contemplated cancelling it, so to all of you who were there, you have him to thank for keeping it on. If it were up to me I would have turned back at the Bieldside Inn!!

You all deserve a Hot Toddie.

See Ya

B.T.C.
    Just as well we brought our water wings !:p

I've never driven through a small loch before !

and on Tueasday you'll have lots of these new tracks that folk are talking about !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you then

Abbreviations??

Excuse my ignorance Bill, but what does BTC stand for?? And while I'm giving you the third degree, where was the Dundee stop on your 'Round Scotland Tour'!!!!!!!!!!!

Heather

Heather,

Since the last person who asked got a "search the forum" response, the answer is "better than chocolate". And I wouldn't push poor Bill too hard - he's worn out after an exhausting week satisfying the women on his Scottish tour

Bonnie Dundee

What Scottish Tour!!!! NO tour is complete without a visit to Bonnie Dundee , we even had the winners of the Advanced Competition up from England on Wednesday. THEY obviously have sussed that Dundee is THE place to be!!!
    I'll see you on Saturday, Bill and you'd better have a good excuse or an absence note from your mum!!!!
    ( I'll deal with you later!!!!!!)

Heather

And what an absolutely fantastic time we had too!! It's funny how a couple of inches on a map turned into 3.5 hours drive, but hey! we made it for the freestyle! And what a great night it turned out to be. I confirmed my suspicions of who "filthycute" was , and now understand where her name comes from!! You cheeky monkey!

Once again amazed at the talented Denise, who, and I can't believe it - has only been dancing a year - and finally got to chat to Sherwin, or is it Shervin? Or just Sher. Great venue, if a little confusing!!

Talking of confusing, thanks to everyone who came to congratulate both Lynn and myself last Wednesday, although I did have to translate a lot of the time for poor Lynn, who was quite obviously struggling with the language barrier (You know who you are Scott!!)

Dundee confirms my thoughts on what makes a good venue - the atmosphere, the music...and the PEOPLE!!

You Guys Rock. Can't wait to visit the rest of Scottish Ceroc - watch out folks - we're on our way!

J

Versailles (yeah, in the chateau itself !)
    You'd be more than welcome in Glasgow (and I'm sure the boys would keep Lynn busy as well ) !!!

I was soooo disappointed that I didn't get the chance to dance with you at the comps... I just loved the way you "owned" the music.. (can't think of a better word ) fab !!!

Hope you'll be at the big party in November !

Wx

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar
    Totally agree with Heather, James - it was great to see you and Lynn in Dundee and we appreciate the long drive. I did laugh when Lynn told me you said it could only be about 10 minutes away from Edinburgh.
    Hoping you will both be back for the party in Glasgow and maybe bring some of your friends with you.

I'm sure you have totally inspired some of our beginners who couldn't believe your interpretation of "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy!"

Fantastic - and congrats once again on your win in Musselburgh.

Sherwin

It's Sherwin, James, but he's known as the Bombay Bad Boy to his friends!!!

Heather
    P.S See you in Glasgow !!!!! Save a dance for me!!

Originally posted by Wendy

I just loved the way you "owned" the music.. (can't think of a better word ) fab !!!

Wx
    I think you choose the perfect word Wendy. "Owned" the music is a great interpretation of James and Lynn. It was great to see you both in Dundee..as i'm sure everyone will agree. We'll certainly get your area on the list when the Dundee MAd. crew are doing their tour
    Are you sure you can handle the "filth" on your territory being the "cheeky monkey" i am?

Really not sure what gave you that impression

Hope to see you both at the 10th party

filthycute x x

How the hell did this thread get from a rainy night in Aberdeen to Filthy and the Dundee based shenanigans?

Answer me that one Sherlock!!

Originally posted by Curtain
    How the hell did this thread get from a rainy night in Aberdeen to Filthy and the Dundee based shenanigans?

Answer me that one Sherlock!!
    Surely you know the procedure by now Curtain!

filthycute x x

Will definitely be at the 10th Birthday bash - counting the days already!! Not sure about Lynn tho', she has a workshop that day, and doesn't know if she'll be able to make the party. Mind you, after a quick trip to Dundee on a Wed. Night, I'm sure she can manage Glasgow - I'll keep pestering her!

Sorry we've managed to turn this thread around - I must learn to stick to the point.... waffle waffle waffle!

Look forward to seeing you ALL again soon,

J

I think it was definitely worth a 3.5 hour journey to Dundee. James it was certainly working for me, dancing with you! All in the lead though! Everyone was so pleased you and lynn came and it will be another great hoot on 23rd. Think everyone should get dance cards ready so that we can all get a dance with James and eliot if he comes. Me first, me first!!!

denise

So can i get second then?

filthycute x x

Thread Information