Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phobia's!

Re: Phobia's!

Quote Originally Posted by Dance Demon
    They were meant to get their wedding photos taken on the Giants Causeway but it was pouring rain unfortunately...
    No! Raining? In Northern Ireland? Actually I think it rained every single day that May. Yeuch!

I'm not good with heights. Unfortunately I didn't figure this out until I was climbing the Sydney Harbour Bridge!! I was absolutely petrified and the climb took 3 hours.
    Fortunately my sister was with me and talked me through it calmly for the whole time.
    The fact that they had mesh walkways up onto the bridge didn't help, and the cars below the bridge looked like matchbox ones.
    Everyone else was admiring the view, and the only thing I could concentrate on was my breathing
    I'm glad I managed to do it, but NEVER, EVER AGAIN!!!!

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Chicklet
    I get really scared around the superfluous apostrophe.
    Ooooooohhhh................Miooooowwww.' ' ' '

Glitter Queen

OK, I know it's wierd, but I have a phobia of churches
    It's wierd how something can make you so terrified... especially when others get such comfort from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkles
    OK, I know it's wierd, but I have a phobia of churches
    It's wierd how something can make you so terrified... especially when others get such comfort from it.
    Sparkles, when you consider the first time you go to a church they try and drown you at the font.

then in later life you go there in a white dress, on a day when you spend a fortune, put yourself into permanent debt, and you are given a life sentence!

No wonder these places scare you!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn
    Also used to be very scared of wasps ~ Much better now, if they are near me I might move away, esp if outdoors, but otherwise I more or less ignore them.
    My wife is fobic about wasps. And bees. Actually anything that is small buzzes and could be a stinging insect... Out one day pushing the pram and got buzed by a wasp; scream, flail, run. Pram goes trundle, trundle, thump, crash. Occupant goes "Waaaaa!". No-one hurt, but she now puts the break on before running screaming

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget
    My wife ....snip....... got buzed by a wasp; scream, flail, run. Pram goes trundle, trundle, thump, crash. Occupant goes "Waaaaa!". No-one hurt, but she now puts the break on before running screaming

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn
    If you are ever over in N Ireland - give Carrick-a-rede rope bridge a miss! (Have you ever been over it Drathzel?)

I went on it before the reinforced it with the worlds fattest man who , on purpose, swung it and i nearly fell of, i was only 8 and hence why i have the fear of bridges!

Quote Originally Posted by under par
    Sparkles, when you consider the first time you go to a church they try and drown you at the font.

then in later life you go there in a white dress, on a day when you spend a fortune, put yourself into permanent debt, and you are given a life sentence!

No wonder these places scare you!
    Not to mention that the last time you go in there they are likely to throw earth over you!

I have a problem with heights. I'm ok flying, but peering over the edge of things I find unnerving.

Dear you hear about the agrophobic skinhead?.....he said "Oi you, inside, now!"

For those with a fear of heights, may I offer you some crumb of comfort. It's not the height that kills you, it's hitting the ground!

Quote Originally Posted by Gojive
    Dear you hear about the agrophobic skinhead?.....he said "Oi you, inside, now!"

For those with a fear of heights, may I offer you some crumb of comfort. It's not the height that kills you, it's hitting the ground!

Depends how high you get, as your head could exploded (imploded?) with the pressure!

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel
    Depends how high you get, as your head could exploded (imploded?) with the pressure!
    Only if you superglue your mouth, nose and ears closed... I suppose it depends on the rate of decompression, but by that point I think you would have died due to oxygen depravation.

(what a plesant turn of conversation... )

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget
    Only if you superglue your mouth, nose and ears closed... I suppose it depends on the rate of decompression, but by that point I think you would have died due to oxygen depravation.

(what a plesant turn of conversation... )

So its not just the fall that could kill you! And dont worry i have hundreds of fears and you haven't made me anymore frightned or less frightened!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninka
    I'm not good with heights. Unfortunately I didn't figure this out until I was climbing the Sydney Harbour Bridge!! I was absolutely petrified and the climb took 3 hours.
    Fortunately my sister was with me and talked me through it calmly for the whole time.

Thats really brave. i couldn't have gotten two feet off the ground! I hate heights and i have always known it!

Just out of curiousity, do you think that your fears can stem from those around you! Ie my sister is afraid of spiders, my mum is afraid of heights and flying! And these are the things I am afraid of!

Funnily enough my dad has a fear of heights, but I was never bothered by it until I was 23. It has been a gradual thing over the past couple of years, but I notice it getting worse the older I get.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninka
    Funnily enough my dad has a fear of heights, but I was never bothered by it until I was 23. It has been a gradual thing over the past couple of years, but I notice it getting worse the older I get.
    I hate flying now but when i was a kid i loved it!!!

Thread Information