Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Championships

Is there an offical video ? I noticed Lisa with a camera at one point.
    There is no official video as Franck explained but I did take about 30 mins or so of footage throughout the day. I am just about to watch it and check that it is fit for viewing.. I am no pro by any means but if any of it is any good then I will send a copy to Franck.

lotsa love Lorna x-x

Originally posted by Dancing Veela

And no thanks to Gus for my non existant dance with him and his orange trousers.
    DV ... SORRY ... old age setting in and I was just shettered and I was supposed to be leaving early to get my lift ...

OK, lousy exceuses suitably emabarresed:sorry

Forgive me if I make up for it at the 10 year party?

Talking

[Apologies for lack of spelling or grammer ... body aches, feet hurt, brain dead and just got home ... small price to pay for the weekend }

Firstly, as an honourary Dundonian (thanks for the t-shirt Sheena) I have to say that the Dundee team were ACE. Sheena, Mel, De and Bombay Bad Boy were stars throughout.

Overall .... have to say that the Champs were the BEST competition I've been to ... great fun all day and a spirit that I've never experienced anywhere else. even us Southerners were made to feel well at home ... many thanks.

Thought the standard of dancing was fantastic ... in particular the standard in the Intermedaite would match (and possibly exceed) the standrad at any ofthe more established events. The Advanced section, despite a realtively small number of entries, also proved to be of a high standard and ALL the competing couples should feel rightly proud of their performance.

It was a day with many individuals making a wonderfull contrinution, but I would like to take the opportuntiy of singling out just two for special praise.

I thought Bill and Fran danced their hearts out. They were under an awefull burden of pressure to win the Advanced section, particulary when they found themselves up against two exeprienced teaching couples.

However, instead of just concentrating on that one event, they participated througout ... Bill playing leading roles in every event (except Int). In the final it was clear that they were just too tired as they ran out of steam halfway through the second track. If they had focused on just the advanced I feel they would have won it ... but the main thing is that gave their all in the Champs and did Ceroc Scotland proud.

Ovcerall, again it was a fantatstic day and I hope that as the event grows you don't lose the spirit of the event.

PS ...Memorable moments;
    • Filthy asking Franck outside for a 'Nantwich Carpark'
      The amazing outfits worn by numerous female cerocers
      The 'is he or isn't he' debate over whether the kilt wearing Dundee team were true Scotsmen

Anything else I missed?
    Last edited by Gus; 21st-October-2002 at 04:14 PM.

Originally posted by Gus
    PS ...Memorable moments;
    • Filthy asking Franck outside for a 'Nantwich Carpark'
      The amazing outfits worn by numerous female cerocers
      The 'is he or isn't he' debate over whether the kilt wearing Dundee team were true Scotsmen

Anything else I missed?
    What about Sheena constantly stroking herself in public?

My own personal debate was "Will my trousers stay up long enough for another round??" Lost count of how many times people asked me how the hell i managed to hold them up.

filthycute x x

Originally posted by Gus
    Forgive me if I make up for it at the 10 year party?
    I won't be there sorry - hectic non ceroc social life up here in Dundee you know - going to a ceilidh ! (and you can tell from the Dundee MAd crowd from yesterday that it's a hectic ceroc life here too ).

Next time I make a Ceroc event outside Dundee I hope you'll be there and you can make it up to me then

Also Franck - of course I meant knackered in a good way

It was really great to see the southerners making the effort to come up - for those of you who didn't ....boy did you miss out BIG time What date did Scott say it was on next year??????

Originally posted by Gus
    In my defence: I have an eye for detail, as anyone who's ever tried to watch a film with me knows...

but...

no they weren't is all I can say!

Jayne

Originally posted by filthycute
    What about Sheena constantly stroking herself in public?

filthycute x x
    what about Frank helping her???

Also, has Sandy now learnt to sit down using all the chair rather than throwing herself off one?

Oh .... and who was the mysterious female lurker who tried to creep into the male changing room (We have the name, what are we bid??? )

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Gus
    Hey, what can I say! I'm a helpful kind of guy
    Anyway, Sheena was so high yesterday (understandably! go girl! ), I was merely taking advantage

Franck.

Originally posted by Gus

Speaking of Franck, what about the Saturday night fever suit eh? I think he was trying to steal the limelight from your orange trousers Gus. And the shoes...whay-hey!! we have a smoothie on the premises

filthycute x x

Another great moment of the evening.....Scot joining the quadruple trouble team that James was doing...hilarious!!

filthycute x x

Just watched the footage that I took on camcorder and it is actually very good. Feel free to get in touch with me if you would like a copy. Perhaps Franck could do something with it?

lotsa love Lorna x-x

B.T.C.
    Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
    So a 1st, 2nd are 3rd for Bill + equal 2nd for cabaret. 2 1sts and a second for Sheena.
    Yep a good day for Sheena and myself......................but before the congrats start pouring in............. :sorry I would like to point out ( and I'm sure Sheena would agree) that it wasn't Bill and Sheena who won these events but Sheena and Elliot and Sheena and all the Dundee team.................. and Bill, Fran and Denise and 11 other Aberdeen dancers !:p

Sheena obviously put a lot of work in,as did the rest of her team and the Glasgow and the Aberdeen group and while it's really nice to be thanked I would have to say that Fran makes it easy to dance at that level and doesn't always get the recognition I seem to attract and yet she's far more graceful and a much better dancer than I am and she and Denise were a joy to dance with and even though we only met twice to practice they follow beautifully - even when I've no idea what's coming next

But I think everyone who competed - and contributed to the money for the Red Cross - should be pleased with the day !

Happy dancing ...............

B.T.C.
    Originally posted by lorna
    Just watched the footage that I took on camcorder and it is actually very good. Feel free to get in touch with me if you would like a copy. Perhaps Franck could do something with it?

lotsa love Lorna x-x

yes please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I managed to get all the categories on film excpet the Aberdeen team and the Double Trouble so would be nice to see those 2 !

Originally posted by bill foreman

yes please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I managed to get all the categories on film excpet the Aberdeen team and the Double Trouble so would be nice to see those 2 !
    You'll be pleased to know that I've got both, will bring the camera on Tuesday. If you want, bring a tape along and I'll record it for you. Respect to you always Bill and yeah you're right, you were dancing with amazing partners on Sunday, Fran is a beautiful dancer and I can't believe that Denise has only been dancing for about a year. I know I'm a woman and not really allowed to say these things, but she's gorgeous and looks fab on the dancefloor. I'd better watch out or else my job will be nabbed!

See you Tuesday, you alright to demo?

Lotsa love Lornax-x

Originally posted by lorna

Fran is a beautiful dancer and I can't believe that Denise has only been dancing for about a year. I know I'm a woman and not really allowed to say these things, but she's gorgeous and looks fab on the dancefloor
    It has to be said there were hordes of gorgeous women at the Champs ... truly an embaressment of riches. The same goes for the judges table, Obi and I were definitely thorns among many roses. I was going to NZ with the thought of emigrating ... may have to give some serious considerations to emigrating North of the Border .... if only it wasn't so b****** cold!

Originally posted by Gus
    may have to give some serious considerations to emigrating North of the Border .... if only it wasn't so b****** cold!
    You know what they say....
    "Cold hands, Warm hearts" I guess thats why we have our reputation for being warm, welcoming and friendly

filthycute x x

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar
    Originally posted by bill foreman
    Yep a good day for Sheena .....................but before the congrats start pouring in............. :sorry I would like to point out ( and I'm sure Sheena would agree) that it wasn't Sheena who won these events but Sheena and Elliot and Sheena and all the Dundee team..................
    Absolutely right Bill!

Ok guys be prepared for an epic post now.................

Firstly - we were second in the double trouble - wow . Brilliant - really pleased for Dave coz he had to put up with Heather and me talking about our new outfits for the last couple of weeks - they were fab though weren't they ( I love those trousers...........and they're made of velvet that's why I like stroking them.......and Franck you have to stroke the right way you know ). But next year could they sweep the floor before the Double Trouble as Hazel was very concerned that my bottom was dirty after we did the "pull through" move - Sits and waits for rude reply from Gus.................................

Please could you sort your post re the results Frank as it was Dave Densley, Heather MacLean and myself.

Secondly ELLIOT
    Where do I start - he's a credit to his mum and a top notch bloke.
    Funnily enough no-one told me I wasn't smiling enough when I was dancing with him
    What a dancer - think I might have to go to Birmingham and see if there's any more like him.
    He was a dream to dance with - style, rythmn, great moves, strong lead, sense of fun, fabulous interpretation of the music, cheeky little smile with a hint of mischief, good looking, young, WOW WOW WOW. A great guy and so friendly. I think he possibly danced with almost all of the females in the hall and some of the guys too.
    Remember that name because you're sure to see it again - Elliot Hodges.

Thirdly to Scot and Gail for all of the hard work putting everything together. It was a fabulous two days. Saturday's party was brilliant even if there wasn't a huge turnout - all the more space on the wonderful dancefloor for those of us who thought we could handle a day and a half of dancing A huge sum of money raised.
    Scot's music was great too.

Last but definitely not least - The Dundee Cabaret Team - What a brilliant bunch of people. We had great fun putting the routine together and it was such a joy to get the reaction we did from the crowd.
    They have put in such a lot of time and effort plus they've had to put up with me barking and hollering at them for the last month. Changing things once they've just got them and then swapping the "audience" to a different direction just to see if it worked.........
    shouting at them to be quiet because I wanted to speak (that's right isn't it Sherwin?) and then they still didn't stop when the cd jumped last Wednesday at our dress rehearsal. Total troopers! They just tried to get to where they should be - mind you when it missed out about 15 seconds of the Proclaimers we had to call it a day:sorry . Thankfully though nothing like that happened yesterday and they danced their socks off.
    Oh and speaking of underwear - please don't blame the boys. It was my decision that they shouldn't be true Scotsmen (didn't want any of the male judges getting jealous:reallymad ).

A huge thanks to everyone at the event for the reception we got.

Finally - to anyone going to Dundee on Wednesday - I'll apologise now. I do not intend to come down from this cloud for some considerable time. I like it up here

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Sheena
    Please could you sort your post re the results Frank as it was Dave Densley, Heather MacLean and myself.
    Whoops, my mistake, I was going by the original list handed out to me when matching the names to the badge numbers. I have now changed it and restored credit where it's due. Sorry Heather :sorry
    Originally posted by Sheena
    Finally - to anyone going to Dundee on Wednesday - I'll apologise now. I do not intend to come down from this cloud for some considerable time. I like it up here
    No need to apologize, you deserve it, so enjoy it.

Franck.

P.S. I will try to get the stroking right, when can I get some extra practice?

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar
    Originally posted by Franck
    I'll let you know

Might just manage the 10th Anniv Party if I can rearrange my previous commitment...........watch this space.

Originally posted by Franck
    Right you 2, behave yourselves! We'll have no more of that talk...you can take it outside to the carpark!

filthycute x x

Thread Information