Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Championships

Oh forgot to say that i met such wonderful people from down south. Had fabulous dances with the men too. Hope you all come back next year or come up for a visit sometime soon. Would love to keep in touch and maybe come down to visit sometime. James, where do you dance?(winner of the advanced)

Denise

Originally posted by Jayne

There are a couple of moments in particular that have induced the most grins - and I think the girls can guess what those moments they might be...
    I think us boys can make a pretty shrewd guess as well - and that's not just because I've read Wendy's post. Or perhaps I'm just observant (or jealous?? OK confession time - why does Bill never ask ME to dance?? ).

The good news (for YOU that is) is that Mr Foreplay is coming to Glasgow tomorrow. Oh god, is there even any point turning up?

Versailles (yeah, in the chateau itself !)
    So ladies and gentlemen... following a steward's (stuart's ) enquiry the sour grapes winner is ... oh .. can't hear you ... the line's gone crackly ....

Wx

Originally posted by Wendy
    So ladies and gentlemen... following a steward's (stuart's ) enquiry the sour grapes winner is ... oh .. can't hear you ... the line's gone crackly ....

Wx
    But you seem to be overlooking the fact that he's committed the cardinal sin - HE'S A NICE GUY AS WELL!!!!

Versailles (yeah, in the chateau itself !)
    crackle crackle ... and seven recounts later... the winner is ....

Wx

Wink

Originally posted by Graham
    I think us boys can make a pretty shrewd guess as well - and that's not just because I've read Wendy's post. Or perhaps I'm just observant (or jealous?? OK confession time - why does Bill never ask ME to dance??
    maybe if you ask him nicely - You dont know what you are missing - but perhaps I am a wee bit prejudiced.

Denise... you were wonderful babe... you make me want to go ceroc-ing!(is that a word LOL) .... see you on thursday *fingers crossed*

Commercial Operator

Question Confused

Hi guys,
    Just back from Nantwich.
    After reading your messages about the Nantwich car park I spent an extra 1Ú2 hour there, but found nothing new. Never mind I think you should try everything twice! So IÕm going back next week. It maybe quieter than normal Ôcos Gus is away? Comments welcomed.
    Just a quickie to you ladies, in response to your comments, re Southern Dancers on Sunday. IÕm a bit confused after spending some 30+ years being called a Northerner, so if I am included in some of your comments thank you very much & if not IÕll be back in a month & IÕll remember to try harder!:sorry
    Had some fantastic dances on Sunday, too many names to remember, but Denise you are more than welcome to come & stay any time you want, thanks for some fantastic dances. Thank you Filthycute, to Elsie for still turning it on, Sheena even when tipsy a fab dancer & Lisa, what can I say that hasnÕt already been plastered all over the forum? I look forward to seeing you soon.
    Thank you.
    Keith
    The Northerner from the South

Re: Confused

Originally posted by Keith
    Hi guys,
    Just back from Nantwich.
    After reading your messages about the Nantwich car park I spent an extra 1Ú2 hour there, but found nothing new.
    I couldn't find anyone sneaking around parked cars when i was down neither. Truly a dissapointment, but hey, they have nice doormen. Malcolm and i think it was William....Tell them i was asking for them

I didn't get the pleasure of a dance with you but i'll definately catch you up at the Anniversary party for boogie or 2 And you never know, it may not be too long before we head down North?? to catch up with you guys. Await the Scottish invasion

filthycute x x

Hey don't be fooled by the name, i know what you guys are thinking. Apparently i have a filthy......

Laugh

An Eclectic Toaster
    crackle crackle ... and seven recounts later... the winner is ....

Wx
    Ahem - I know who this was aimed at - I haven't been anywhere near a PC since Monday afternoon so it ain't a huff

As a gent of average dancing quality, I reserve the right to be just a wee bit envious of Bill's (and Elliot and James and all those other guys) dancing skills :p

One surprise for me though was, rather than be intimidated by the quality of dancing on display, I actually felt inspired to improve. I haven't been too well recently and I've kind of neglected the dancing, but the day at the Champs was just the shot in the arm I needed.

Maybe I shouldn't let the (grinning) cat out of the bag... but methinks it could have something to do with dancing with Bill (better-than-chocolate ) Foreman .....

Wx

J

Just like to add my thoughts which mainly echo what others have already said. Many thanks to the organisers who did a great job especially considering this was the first time they had run this event. Well done.

Also thanks to all of the competitors for putting on a terrific show. I was particularly impressed by the cabaret teams and I'm glad we were able to see all the acts twice. Had to look away at the end of the Dundee act though just in case they were real Scotsmen. Special mention to Jane for taking up the challenge of confirming this! wink:

Finally it was a pleasure to meet and dance with so many different people - even the ex-mystery woman DV. I didn't make it to the forum get together :sorry but fortunately Heather introduced us later in the evening.

Grant

My feet have recovered now so tonight it's off to Ceroc again - where else?!

B.T.C.

Maybe I shouldn't let the (grinning) cat out of the bag... but methinks it could have something to do with dancing with Bill (better-than-chocolate ) Foreman .....

Wx

:p ....eh.mmmmm well ...does that mean I have fewer calories ???

Better not put the heating on or I might melt

But seriously....oh how on earth can I be serious with all this going on......

Just thanks very very much to all the women who I danced with and especially those who asked me and sorry I left so early as I was really looking forward to a lot of dancing in the evening but have to admit I was in bed and asleep well before midnight

I'll try and not make the same mistake next year :p Hope the old legs can get me through a good night tonight in Glasgow.

On Stuart's comment of feeling inspired by the day :

One surprise for me though was, rather than be intimidated by the quality of dancing on display, I actually felt inspired to improve. I haven't been too well recently and I've kind of neglected the dancing, but the day at the Champs was just the shot in the arm I needed.

I have to say that's how I felt after my first visits to the London and then the Blackpool Chamos. I was privileged to say Viktor. Mick and Lydia doing double trouble at my first comp and it was stunning ( and I have it on video !). I felt a mixture of ...oh my god I can never do that and....if I really keep going I might one day be at least competent

Whenever I see dancers of the standard of Viktor I still see what real dancing is about and I heard several people make the same comment as Stuart - of being inspired and adding that little kick and enthusiasm to push them on.

Congrats again to Scot and the team - and even with the few critical comments I might have passed on it was a day they can be proud of !

B.T.C.
    ps.....................in case the last reply seems odd I'd like to add thatI wasusing Fran's computer and forgot it was logegd on innher name so for this reply and the alst please read Bill and not Fran!! :p

Thanks keith ill definitely hold you to that. When i made the comment about having met wonderful people from down south that certainly included you too.
    Looking forward having more fantastic dances with the 'chance two dance man!'

Whos 'browser' by the way?

Denise

Hey im getting right into this forum thing now!!

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by denise
    Hey im getting right into this forum thing now!!
    he he I warned you it would be addictive
    Have you managed to catch up with the 4,500 posts yet?
    Only kidding, it probably would take about a month or 2

See you soon,

Franck.

Im having a good look but dont know where to start!
    Think ill need longer than a month
    See you at the glasgow party and hope i get more than one dance off you
    Denise

Originally posted by Sandy
    Missed the forum corner - when was it???
    8pm - I did put a notice up on the results board just as I said I would - I didn't want to make it too large as it wasn't the point of the day.

Sandy did you dance in the Aberdeen routine?

Originally posted by Dancing Veela
    8pm - I did put a notice up on the results board just as I said I would - I didn't want to make it too large as it wasn't the point of the day.

Sandy did you dance in the Aberdeen routine?
    Trust me! Probably walked past while you were chatting - never mind next time!

Nope I wasn't dancing with the team - wish i was good enough but hey watch out next year - stranger things have happened Must practice, practice, practice

See you next time

Cheers

Sandy

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Unhappy A Complaint..............

After 4 days of racking my brains I've finally come up with something to complain about re the competition on Sunday.

Where oh where was the mirror in the ladies changing area?

Sorry Scot but someone had to tell you:sorry

Hopefully this very serious omission will be rectified for next year

Thread Information