Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Championships

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    can someone tell me what a 'nantwitch carpark' is ?
    is it rude ?

Originally posted by Jayne
    In my defence: I have an eye for detail, as anyone who's ever tried to watch a film with me knows...

but...

no they weren't is all I can say!

Jayne
    Now I understand why you wanted to borrow Brady's video camera, and were so interested in the zoom and freeze-frame capability.
    Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
    is it rude ?
    Yes it is. You'll need to ask Gus and FC for the details, though

Having taken yesterday off, I find that everyone else has already posted most of what I was thinking. In response to Stuart's comments about Bill, though, he doesn't look nearly old enough to have put in as much practice as I think I'd need to dance like that. And anyway, what about Elliott? If it was all just practice he must have had ante-natal lessons!!

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    is it rude ?
    It refers to a previous discussion about various things that go on in the Car Park in Nantwich... You could do a search for these words, and read the thread, which was quite entertaining, or then again, you could just click on this thread: Mishaps on the dance floor and other Ceroc gossip and read all about it. The Car Park comments start on page 4 of the thread!

Franck.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    aaah yes i remember that now.

ooh that IS rude

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    but wheres Nantwich ?

but wheres Nantwich ?
    Some people are just SO lazy.

Here it is.

B.T.C.
    but wheres Nantwich ?
    It's down in Englandshire !

Actually a very good venue with some terrific dancers - so you should try to get there sometime. Both there and Bowden are great classes and our very own Laura is moving down that way soon......................so sure she'd love to welcome all of us down to stay :p

Never did anything in the car park though

Now my legs have recovered I feel almost fit enough for some dances ...... managed a few at Edinburgh last night ( very quiet) and home today before visiting all those lovley people over in Glasgow tomorow...................... can't wait for some great dances from Jayne, Wendy, Janet et al......

And as for my age.......well don't let the grey hair fool ya but I'm well old enough to be young Elliot's dad...

ps heard the other day that the Blackpool comp may be introducing a 'vetrans' category for the over 50's......not too long before I can go in for that

Originally posted by Sheena

Last but definitely not least - The Dundee Cabaret Team - What a brilliant bunch of people. We had great fun putting the routine together and it was such a joy to get the reaction we did from the crowd.
    They have put in such a lot of time and effort plus they've had to put up with me barking and hollering at them for the last month. Changing things once they've just got them and then swapping the "audience" to a different direction just to see if it worked.........
    shouting at them to be quiet because I wanted to speak (that's right isn't it Sherwin?) and then they still didn't stop when the cd jumped last Wednesday at our dress rehearsal. Total troopers! They just tried to get to where they should be - mind you when it missed out about 15 seconds of the Proclaimers we had to call it a day:sorry . Thankfully though nothing like that happened yesterday and they danced their socks off.
    Oh and speaking of underwear - please don't blame the boys. It was my decision that they shouldn't be true Scotsmen (didn't want any of the male judges getting jealous:reallymad ).

A huge thanks to everyone at the event for the reception we got.
    Being part of Team Dundee (having sneaked over from Fife) has been the highlight of my dancing "career". Thanks to Sherwin for the use of his flat for practicing, to Mel for her never-less-than-honest comments, to Linda for talking me through it on the day and to Carol for always holding onto me when I wanted to step back at the wrong bit! And of course to Sheena for her patience with us all - had anyone seen us practicing one week before you would have understood why Sheena had razor marks on her wrists. (She deserved to get Elliot in the Lucky Dip!!!)

And as for the "true Scotsmen" comment - well, Sheena's kit inspections were a delight too.

But also I think the teams from Aberdeen and Glasgow deserve a great big hand for their entries and for the time and effort they must have put in as well. If you've never done anything like that you just don't appreciate how much work is involved in practicing a 5-minute routine - but to anyone anywhere considering an entry for next year then really go for it because it's definitely worth it.

How do you get down off this cloud???????

Smile Age Concern

Originally posted by bill foreman

ps heard the other day that the Blackpool comp may be introducing a 'veterans' category for the over 50's......
    Tell me more!!!!! Form an orderly queue, gels!

Interesting point - from observation at classes, competitions etc I reckon there are quite a few gentlemen of advanced years who would qualify, but probably a lot fewer ladies - and almost certainly fewer who would admit to qualifying!!!!

Commercial Operator

Vets not pets

Hi John,
    Yes we are having a veteranÕs category. This is to give the younger dancers a chance!
    Not sure if this will work, being a novice to your chat forum, but I have attached the application form which explains all about it.
    Although this stops the younger dancers competing in this category, it does not stop the veterans still entering in the Intermediate or Advanced section & still whipping some younger asses (figuratively speaking of course).
    Keep on dancing
    Keith
    Yep attachment did not work, please contact me on keith@kdaviesc2d.freeserve.co.uk & i'll send you one.
    Cheers

Smile

have not done this before, so hope it turns out right!

I would just like to say that I think was very clear on the day and from reading everyones submissions to the forum that we all had a wonderful fun time, which was in very warm and friendly atmosphere. I would like to say that there were some important behind the scenes people who were vital in the running of the day, namley Gail and Angie and also the volenteers of the red cross. I had lots of help with decorating the hall and several competitors were there first thing to help blow up all the balloons so a huge thankyou.x.

I am not sure if denise goes on this site but I would like to say that she was such fun to dance with and is a fabby dancer - we really did enjoy ourselves.

Thanks to all the support Bill and I were given in the advanced final, anyone who knows me will also know that I am not very good in competitions - get to nervous and I really appreciated all the kind words before and after. I am lucky to have Bill as a dance partner - belive you me he has to contend with a lot!bad short term memory and mix up my left + rights! I think he is a fabby dancer.Personal bias, aside he does have a life off the dance floor and is a just as nice a person.

Gus was right Bill and I were a tad tierd, but it did not take away from the enjoyment of being envolved in such a lovely day. Scotland has always been so lucky that we have not suffered the draw backs which occur when things become so serious, I hope that that unquie feeling does not ever go away and become caught up in an over zealous competive edge.

Everyone One In Scotland can be proud

Everyone One In Scotland can be proud of being part of it

It has been said before and I am sure it will be said again, But a great big Congratulations to everyone for Sunday.
    From the instructors right down to the last person to pay on the door.(Everyone of you were part of and made it a great day)
    Like alot of people I did have my doudts if it would work.

It not only worked but showed the true spirt of a great bunch of people who I am glad to call Friends

As for the true scotsman thing during the cabaret I know we had dundee MAd banners up but we are not that mad!!

Cheers
    Steven

Has anyone else found that over the last two days, whilst trying to get on with a normal day's work a random cat-that-got-the-cream grin appears when you remember something from Sunday???

There are a couple of moments in particular that have induced the most grins - and I think the girls can guess what those moments they might be...

Jayne

I still can't believe how good sunday was!! Loved every minute of it.......can't wait till next year.

Still walking around with permanent grin on my face !

Cheers
    Steven

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There are a couple of moments in particular that have induced the most grins - and I think the girls can guess what those moments they might be...

Jayne
    Oh, go on Jayne, don't be coy, enlighten us... I am sure we would all like to share in "those moments"...

Franck.

Originally posted by Gus

Also, has Sandy now learnt to sit down using all the chair rather than throwing herself off one?
    Eh thanks Gus, I was hoping that went unnoticed!

Loved the dance, loved the trousers, loved the weekend

Sorry Franck about stepping on the new shoes
    Sorry Dave about the head butt
    Quite a full day really:sorry

Brilliant Bill and Fran - I loved your advanced routine and well done all those brave folk who competed

Amanda - that outfit!

Thanks bus driver for THAT emergency stop!:sorry

What a fantastic time. Missed the forum corner - when was it???

No Ceroc tonight (Tues), roads flooded

Must practice for next year but roll on party in November

Sandy

Versailles (yeah, in the chateau itself !)

Maybe I shouldn't let the (grinning) cat out of the bag... but methinks it could have something to do with dancing with Bill (better-than-chocolate ) Foreman .....

Wx

Talking

Hello everyone,

This is my first time on the ceroc forum. Ive had Fran and Mel on the phone saying that everyone has written lovely comments so i had to come on and share my thoughts too. Hope you all dont mind.

Reading everyones comments has brought tears to my eyes and made me feel very proud to know all the ceroc gang. Everyone has been great fun to be around and made the whole weekend a success.

Id just like to say thank you to bill and fran for asking me to dance with them. I was so proud to be part of it all and you both are wonderful dancers. You have been great.
    Thanks to sherwin for putting up with me and also asking me to dance and mel for the laughs too!!
    Thanks to gail who has worked so hard. Shes such a dedicated and kind person.
    Thank you Lorna for your comment. It meant a lot to me. I hope a few years down the line ive still got as much energy and enthusiasm as you.
    Thanks to my dance teachers as without their support and encouragement i would not be dancing today. They have inspired me so much. (Scot and Elaine).

Well done to every single person who competed and to all those who came to dance or just watch. You made the day one i will never forget. Thanks to all the judges, you had a hard job and did very well. You're all a great laugh.

I wish i could thank and congratulate everyone individually.

WELL DONE EVERYONE CONGRATULATIONS

Hope ive not missed anyone out. Sorry if i have.

Hope to see you all next year
    Denise
    My heads high in the clouds too and i dont think i will ever come down.

Talking

Ok never done this before so here goes.......just have to echo everyone-elses sentiments about the champs....absolutely a blast.
    despite going back to work today and not a free inch to be seen on my desk i couldn't stop grinning like an idiot! i must come and find you steve and just say one thing...........WE WON!!!...WE WON!!!!
    thanks to everyone out there who shouted and cheered for us during the team caberet. we had a fantastic time doing it because you obviously enjoyed it.
    also thanks sheena for well just being sheena! you were great dancing with elliott...he was lukcky to have such a great gal to dance with. i know i could not have done as well......even though he is fab to dance with. he was very much in demand!
    thanks also sheena for putting franc right about the double trouble names......you never were any good at remembering my name franc....even when i taxi'd for a while!
    hope we stay up this high for a good while longer cos i agree with you john it sure feels goooood!

heather mac

Thread Information