Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Championships

Championships

Wow, how fab was it??? So much talent. Am absolutley shattered but can't sleep - buzzing from the day's events.

So nice to meet so many really lovely people, old and new friends.

Thanks Linda for getting the bus driver to let me off - couldn't walk 5 paces never mind a mile or two!

It was scary - how can I get up and dance after that performance!! However it was a chance to dance with folk of many different abilities.

True learning experience.

Well done Bill and team on both cabaret and double trouble and all those brave folk who done the lucky dip. Well done Sheena and Dundee team - really something

Cheers

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Championships

Originally posted by Sandy
    Wow, how fab was it??? So much talent.
    I agree Sandy! A great day indeed. Kudos to Scot who took on this mammoth project and delivered a very smooth, well organized day. I would also like to thank all the teachers who judged the event, they worked really hard for most of the day.
    I too was really impressed by the standard of dancing throughout the day
    The lucky-dip category was one of the highest standards I had ever seen, all 3 Team Cabarets and Double Trouble trebles were extremely good and very entertaining and the Intermediate & Advanced categories were an inspiration and a pleasure to watch. Congratulations to all the winners. I will be posting more detailed results ASAP (top 3 in each category).

Finally thanks to all of you for making the effort to go all the way to Musselburgh and making the day a success (it was really exciting to hear the cheers from the crowd), the British Red Cross, I am sure, will appreciate the £5,600 raised!

Franck.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    Scottish Competition I assume you're talking about

All i want to say is .... Sheena Asiph - we're not worthy

Commercial Operator

Talking Champs

An excellent day- very well organised & a great atmosphere!
    (Also enjoyed the chicken goujons & massage)

Well done to everybody who took part. Is this an annual event???

Re: Re: Championships

Originally posted by Franck
    I will be posting more detailed results ASAP (top 3 in each category).
    Could you post a link here once done ? Ta.

Anyone else care to give a review of the events for those of us who were unable to attend ? { }

B.T.C.
    Only just emerged from bed................. and have to say I had a great time yesterday although have to admit I was shattered by the end of the day.

Special mention to Sheena for the work she and her team put in but to everyone who turned up. Where were all the dancers from Edinburgh

Thanks goodness I have this week off..will probably take all week for the old bones to recover. However, it does give me a chance for a Scottish Ceroc tour, so Edinburgh tonight, Aberdeen tomorrow, Glasgow Wednesday and Edinburgh Thursday.

Congratulations to everyone and let's hope it's an even bigger event next year

Yes it will be an annual event

For those of you asking it will be repeated next year but on a slightly larger scale and on a Saturday and it will be another charity event. Makes me feel good.

For information we also got £150 from Boogiesteps who sold
    £ 1000 worth of shoes

Well done to everyone who took part and attended. The Red Cross are very grateful for your assistance in their endeavours:

On a personal note I was really proud of the standard it is just fantastic to see so many good dancers in Scotland. It used to be you had to go down to London to see that type of quality. It would appear not anymore.

Thankyou all for making it a great day.

Scot

I was thinking that it would be great if the winning team could do a display at the Edinburgh Party this month??? But then that might be a bit much for them.... What does everybody else think

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    thats some tour Bill

I think I'll go to Glasgow Wednesday too, Im through there anyway and Ive only been once before....And I need the practice

Gadget : you missed a great day. The cabarets were all great, except Dundees which was merely phenomonal . Sheena choreographed that one and they won, she also won the lucky dip with a really stylish dancer called Elliot (that was his name wasnt it?). Elliot also won the Intermediate with ease (just too good that man, 26 years old but didnt look it ).
    Bill easily won double trouble (ok NOT easily, competition was superb throughout) and put in a great showing in Advanced - he danced in the final against 2 teaching couples, you need to give up the day job Bill .

Blog Entries

Re: Championships

Originally posted by Gadget
    Could you post a link here once done ? Ta.
    Post a link here??? Forget the link, I'll post the results here.
    I might put a link on the main page of the website directing everyone to this thread though

So here are the full results:

Lucky Dip Category:

Badge Number Names

1- 56 Elliot Hodges - Sheena Assiph
    2- 01 James Rowe - Frances Cleghorn
    3- 89 Bill Foreman - Ms Nicoll

Intermediate Freestyle:

Badge Number Names

1- 12 Elliot Hodges - D. Swan
    2- 01 Melanie Hutton (FilthyCute) - Niall O'Donnel
    3- 14 Sherwin Miranda - Denise McGuire

Advanced Freestyle:

Badge Number Names

1- 05 James Row - Lynn Smith
    2- 04 Bill Foreman - Fran Ranaldi
    3- 01 David Martin - Annalise Martin

Double Trouble:

Badge Number Names

1- 03 Bill Foreman - Fran Ranaldi - Denise McGuire
    2- 01 Dave Densley - Heather MacLean - Sheena Assiph.
    3- 02 Tim & Vivienne Rutherford - Denise Salvona

Team Cabaret:

1- Dundee team Sheena & co (sorry, I don't have full list of names)
    Equal 2nd (I'm not kidding, the score was virtually equal :
    Aberdeen team Bill & co.
    Glasgow team Brady & co.

Once again, well done to everyone for taking part in the first place!

Franck.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    So a 1st, 2nd are 3rd for Bill + equal 2nd for cabaret. 2 1sts and a second for Sheena.

Nice one.

Is there an offical video ? I noticed Lisa with a camera at one point.

I know I really sucked in the intermediate final but now I dont know if I was 4th or 5th . 5th will do, never been in a final of anything before .

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
    I know I really sucked in the intermediate final but now I dont know if I was 4th or 5th . 5th will do, never been in a final of anything before .
    Well, as I don't know what your real name is, I can't tell you, but if you email / Private Message me, I'll be able to tell you.
    Before anyone else asks, I am quite happy to tell you how well you individually did privately, but I will not be posting 4th, 5th etc places!

Cheers,

Franck.

Originally posted by Franck
    Well, as I don't know what your real name is, I can't tell you,
    Well Franck if you'd turned up for Forum Corner you would have found out

It was an excellent day - and perfectly organised - only one comment on how I thought it could have been better....an extra round for the lucky dippers - to go down from 10 couples to 2/3 was a bit harsh!!! (Not for me - I wouldn't have got through if it had been the top 5 from the lucky dip). So many people were only doing the lucky dip - and went out of the competition after only 1 dance!

Well done to Sheena and Dundee - and to Bill!

Thanks to everyone for some great dances - especially to Dreadful Scathe, Grant and to Bill and a William from Edinburgh who I had a wonderful dance towards the end of the night - oh yes and to you Franck - who totally knackered me with one dance!!!!

And no thanks to Gus for my non existant dance with him and his orange trousers.

I took some photos - I've no idea how they will turn out but once I get around to getting them developed I'll work out how to put them on here (especially the one of Gus with Elliot )

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Dancing Veela
    Well Franck if you'd turned up for Forum Corner you would have found out
    Whoops, indeed I missed it altogether in the general excitement and busy-ness of the day... Glad to hear you all finally got to meet face to face.
    only one comment on how I thought it could have been better....an extra round for the lucky dippers - to go down from 10 couples to 2/3 was a bit harsh!!! (Not for me - I wouldn't have got through if it had been the top 5 from the lucky dip). So many people were only doing the lucky dip - and went out of the competition after only 1 dance!
    Fair point, and I realise it must have been disappointing, but there were so many couples booked, we could not have fitted more heats / semis without taking away from the party at night
    oh yes and to you Franck - who totally knackered me with one dance!!!!
    Hmmm, I am not sure how to read this between groin injuries (with Heather) and you being knackered, I will be getting a reputation :sorry
    What do you mean too late!?
    I took some photos - I've no idea how they will turn out but once I get around to getting them developed I'll work out how to put them on here (especially the one of Gus with Elliot )
    That would be great, I would love to see all the pictures... I hope all of you with cameras will share!

Franck.

Congratulations!

Wonderful hearing all the comments about the competition - sounds fantastic, and that's a huge amount of money you raised. Congratulations to all the winners and I hope everyone involved had the time of their life.

I agree, will there be an official video of the event? It would also be wonderful to see any photos posted to the site. And any chance that the cabaret teams could be persuaded to perform at the Glasgow 10th-anniversary party? (Are there still tickets available for that?)

Are there any other reviews, opinions, gossip, slanders, slurs, malicious rumours? What about the Friday and Saturday night parties? Any surprising revealed identities? Did everyone there from the forum manage to meet up? Were the Dundee gang the loudest and maddest? Did Bill's infamous red shoes make an appearance? Any illicit liaisons? Limbo dancing contests?

Go on, take pity on us poor souls who couldn't be there - tell all ...
    Rachel
    (Already looking forward to being there for next year!)

Blog Entries

Re: Congratulations!

Originally posted by Rachel
    I agree, will there be an official video of the event? It would also be wonderful to see any photos posted to the site. And any chance that the cabaret teams could be persuaded to perform at the Glasgow 10th-anniversary party? (Are there still tickets available for that?)
    There will not be an official video of the event (this year at least, but I believe at least 3/4 people were video-ing the events, I am quite happy to digitize an edited version of the best moments (should be at least 12 hours long ) if the tapes are made available to me (unfortunately, I took my camcorder but was too busy to film anything )

As for the Dundee team performing at the 10th Anniversary party, I think it would be great, especially as the 10th Anniversary will have a Scottish theme (with kilts and Ceilidh band).
    I mentioned it to Sheena et al, but it is a lot of work to keep the team together and trained!
    I would be happy to throw in Free tickets for all team members for a repeat performance! Just let me know.

Franck.

Just to repeat what other people have already said - it really was a great day yesterday! Well done Scot (& co) for making the day go sooo smoothly! - and you still had the energy to keep those demanding women happy in the evening!

Am I the only one feeling their legs whilst walking up/down stairs today?? (not to mention my arms - I don't think I've done as many dips, leans and drops in my life as I did yesterday!!)

Thanks for a great day!

Jayne

My feet are dead!!!

Finally i managed to stumble out of bed around 1pm and i'm absolutely shattered!!! Can't wait till next year!!!
    What an amazing weekend. Anyone who missed it....DAMN!!! cancel everything for next year and get your ass to the Scottish competition!!!

What an amazing crowd of Cerocers we have in Scotland....well we already knew that, but bring them all together for one event and (i'm sorry if this sounds big headed) but we really do know our stuff!!
    Scot and Franck....what can i say...you really did us all proud. You can't imagine how lucky we feel having the bestest Ceroc teachers on our side

Congratulations to all the competitors...everyone danced their sox off and had a ball. It was brilliant to see eveyone out there enjoying themselves and the dancing standards were top class.
    To the winners....well done Sheena!! you were brill hun. And to your partner, Elliot, he was a little dream I danced with a him a few times myself and wow! top dancer and a sweet guy to boot. Him and his partner looked great in the intermediate....well done to the both of you if you get a chance to catch up on the forum.
    Bill, Fran and Denise, you looked spectacular! you all did an amazing job and got a well deserved win in return. Also Bill and Fran in the advanced...man i was blown away! You are both amazing dancers

The team cabarets....i dunno how the judges managed to get results. Weren't they all wonderful! Have to say a HUGE Well done to my fellow dundonians!!! Pure dead brilliant!!! You all looked fantastic

I hope...no....i know! everyone enjoyed themselves as much as me (even though my feet died at about 7pm) and just like to say a huge thank you to everyone involved with the organising of the event. Great job, great crowd, great event.

filthycute x x

Re: My feet are dead!!!

Originally posted by filthycute
    a huge thank you to everyone involved with the organising of the event. Great job, great crowd, great event.

filthycute x x
    That says it all - a brilliant day.

An Eclectic Toaster

Thanks

I'd like to echo everyone else so far - a big thanks to the organisers - especially Scot - for a great day. I hope there was a vote of thanks at the end! Never having been to a competition before I wasn't quite sure what to expect, and enjoyed it a helluva lot more than I'd imagined!

Just a thought for next year - how about holding it in Dundee, to honour the winning cabaret team? They do seem a lively lot up there (mental note - must visit a Dundee class or party).

Anyway it was a great day all in. Bill, if you can tell me in a private message your age, I'll be able to work out how many years of 24/7 practice I need to put in to get to that standard. If it's at least a decade I might make it...

Wow, what a day, what a venue, and more importantly what a fantastic display of dancing.

Hats off to both Scott and Franck who organised an amazing day.

What a great turn out from Aberdeen, Dundee and Glasgow, where were you Edinburgh? You missed a fab day.

Congratulations to all the winners, the standard of dancing was simply amazing, it made my job as one of the judges very difficult, you're all winners in my opinion.

Bill and Fran, you certainly proved that you can both take on the best and come out on top. You looked absolutely fantastic. Well done!!!!

I just read and found out that Mel and Niall came in second in the intermediate, Brilliant!!! (loved the outfit FC)

Finally, I'd just like to thank everyone for making it an amazing day, Roll on next year! (glad to hear that it will be a Saturday - bound to be even more of a success).

lotsa love Lorna x-x

Thread Information