Thread: Perth Class

Commercial Operator

Perth Class

Mrs DD an me took a run up to Perth last night, and had a great time. Thanks to birthday girl Chicklet for a fab dance and delicious Lemon cakes.. And to Sheena, Melanie Heather et al for fab dances. But main reason for posting is to say well done to James for his teaching skills. This is the second time I have experienced James teaching, and I really enjoy his style. As well as being good fun he also made some reference in the intermediate class of introducing musicality into the dance. Hard to believe he has only been teaching a short while.....Well done mate & keep up the good work. I'm sure you will become an A list teacher before too long.....

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Re: Perth Class

Quote Originally Posted by Dance Demon
    Hard to believe he has only been teaching a short while.......
    Nice to see Irene and your good self in Perth thanks for the dance more of the same on Saturday please, if I make it to Glasgow
    Really enjoyed myself tonight - fab to see Chicklet there on her birthday and I managed to get two dances with James
    Trampy played some fab music and I danced my sox off with all the boys and some of the girls - brilliant
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

errr.. in the back of my car with my microphone..anyone else want teacher cover...just call (everyone else has...!!!)

Talking Re: Perth Class

Quote Originally Posted by Dance Demon
    ......an A list teacher before too long.....
    Ceroc teachers are all A list (not that such a list exists of course)....but if it did, they would be.....

Gordy
    ~ It's a Dance Thing ~

'Τα δόντια μου είναι μου δικοί - οι γόμμες δεν είναι'

www.vatsim-uk.org

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon J Pownall
    Ceroc teachers are all A list (not that such a list exists of course)....but if it did, they would be.....

Depends which ones you mean Gordy........Lots of different words begin with the letter A.......in James' case it would mean A for A1..first class......but for some others........

Argh, missed it.

Hope to see you all Sat.

Cheers DD for the great feedback......... And thanks Franck for giving me so much notice about your holiday .

Must echo everyone else so far, I had a fantastic night last night.

The beginners were fab, the intermediates were fab, all the dances I had were fab!!!!! Everything was ........fab!!!!

It's great to see people travelling a distance just for my class....hopefully you don't go home dissapointed .

I also had the pleasure of chatting to a few regulars last night. Something that I don't often get a chance to do...........so many peeps to dance with, so little time . One thing that came up in the conversation was 'feedback'. (my fave word of the moment). Sorry but I'm going to hijack this thread .

I personally like getting feedback, s'pecially if it's good. But obviously, not everyone thinks the sun shines out of my..... , so I want to encourage people to feel free in giving neg' feedback aswell as the good stuff.. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want people to say "James you're rubbish", rather, "James, I didn't really like what you did tonight because...." You know the sort of stuff...constructive criticism. Maybe it's me being a bit new age and hippy, but at the end of the day, as a newby teacher I want all the feedback possible. We all spend our hard earned on dancing and if you don't like a teaching style or manner then I think you've every right to let me know. If people don't have their whinge now and again, how do we improve as teachers.... Or are we s'posed to carry on blindly??

Would really like to know what other teachers think on this one...

James x x

hi James,
    I sorry I missed it . It sounds great. Still haven't managed to get along on a Thursday but hopefully soon will get along. Glad you are enjoying teaching, it is alot of hard work and time. Well Done and keep it up.

Thumbs up Re: Perth Class

James' class is brill but dont forget Melanie too! She is a wonderful demo and the pair of em are a wonderful combination! And it is excellent to see that James asks for Melanies advice or opinions whilst on stage, it creates a great atmosphere that the "pupils" love! Its the added fun too that brings the extra oomph into his class! Well done mateys and keep it up! James - bring me some cakes please when you nip round. Cause you've eaten all mine. Ta.

Your best pal...x

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Gaylord
    James' class is brill but dont forget Melanie too! She is a wonderful demo and the pair of em are a wonderful combination!
    How could anyone forget Melanie..... I did ask the question once before ....how come melanie isn't a teacher.....but she and James make a fab team, and I'm sure James values Melanies input to their classes..

Thread Information