Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Last night (Tues)

Originally posted by Gus
    Now what I would like to find is some more classic swing of the same quality as Jukebox or Whadayya Want or Just a Gigilo .... tracks like this complement modern classics perfectly but they seem to be few and far between. Offers?
    God, this is really frustrating me now - can't remember the names to any of the songs I'm thinking of ... must do some investigations when I get home.

But you know the Screamin Jay Hawkins one, used to be on one of the Levi jeans ads, funeral march-type thing - 'blah blah blah ... sucking on a soda pop ... she's still a virgin but it's only half-past nine ...' Anyone know the song I mean? And then the 'Perhaps, perhaps perhaps' song, and - I realise some may think it's already overplayed - but the 'I'm just a baby in this ... love' one.

Oh and, if I'm thinking of the right one, BB King's 'Don't break your promise'. And there must be some good danceable Al Green (Love and Happiness?) and Howlin Wolf. And, for really controversial, I can think of a couple of Tom Waits tracks that should work nicely. And how about Leonard Cohen's (more upbeat than his usual) Closing Time - that would be [u]amazing[/]!!

Anyway, sorry to be so vague on most of these - if I come up with anything more concrete, I'll get back to you.
    Rachel

Originally posted by Gus
    .........or even Cantaloop with a decent dancer ... say Bill .... I'm sure that they will show what can be done with modern music
    or Cantaloop with a decent dancer....or even..say Bill .........???

Just joking Bill - honest - promise me you'll still dance with me on Sunday?????

Originally posted by Dancing Veela

or Cantaloop with a decent dancer....or even..say Bill .........???

Ok now i'm upset....how the hell did i manage to get my reputation (ie: resident rottweiler, the boogie man,the loony that is a health and safety hazard to all cerocing males, etc.) when it's obvious that DV is far cheekier and damaging than me??

I demand that all my angelic rights are re-instated and men should no longer be advised against dancing with the "MAd.filth"
    Neither should i be portrayed as the woman that gets "set onto" people. Those rumours about me having fangs and horns are completely untrue!

So guys, the next time your wondering who that shy, timid angelic creature is standing in the corner keeping herself to herself.....

It's probably me

filthycute x x

(oh the lies, i just can't help myself )

Re: Re: Re: TRUCE!!

Originally posted by filthycute

yep you defiantely have her mixed up...or!!

ok not for me to say really, but have you had your eyes checked recently??.....

Says me the blind fool who really should get her ass offline and go pick up me new specs

filthycute x x
    oops! ok i never meant anything by this comment Rachel :sorry

Now if i want wanted to be really bitchy....

....There's a couple of guys i wouldn't mind attacking, but i've just had my nails done and no man is worth wrecking them for

filthycute x x

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar
    Originally posted by Rachel

But you know the Screamin Jay Hawkins one, used to be on one of the Levi jeans ads, funeral march-type thing - 'blah blah blah ... sucking on a soda pop ... she's still a virgin but it's only half-past nine ...' Anyone know the song I mean?

Sorry to tell you but they play this one quite often at our West Coast Swing classes and parties.
    I've no idea what it's called either as I can never understand what he says - however "she's still a virgin coz it's only 25 to 9 but you can see a million like her down at ???????????????????"

A brilliant track girl - quite right!

p.s. I've got a copy of it if you want me to send it as an MP3 (or whatever it is you do?)

Fact & Fiction

The track is called Heart Attack & Vine and is a very fine song indeed. I always thought it was a little slow for Ceroc, but perhaps I'm wrong.

Just to add to the Sopie Ellis Bextor debate, I think she's the least attractive thing since the Millennium Dome!! However, Kylie gets my vote as most improved female (how she's changed since Neighbours). Methinks some serious surgery has been done.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TRUCE!!

Originally posted by bill foreman
    And as for the Screaming J Hawkins......yep agree with that and Rachel you'd love the music they play here at West Coast Swing
    I really must get myself to some WCS classes! Is it very difficult to do? I shall definitely be looking out to see if David and Lily do any WCS workshops.

Originally posted by bill foreman
    The only problem with very fast music is there's little time for interpretation and the music is palying faster than my brain works ..........or gets signals to my extremities ....so slow is better :sorry
    I know what you mean! I do like dancing very fast, though, too - it's just the MOR songs which get me bored. I think one of the cleverest things people do is to dance half-speed to fast numbers. Marc can do it, but I'm absolutely hopeless unless he's leading me really strongly. I hear a beat and feel like I have to step on it, and I find it really hard to make my body do otherwise. Marc and I have had some brilliant dances to Mack the Knife, etc. when I'm able to follow him properly but, if it was up to me to lead, I'd be going flat out to try and keep up with the pace of it and it would probably look awful!.
    Rachel

The Oracle

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TRUCE!!

Originally posted by Rachel
    I really must get myself to some WCS classes! Is it very difficult to do? I shall definitely be looking out to see if David and Lily do any WCS workshops.
    Don't hold your breath! We teach on average once a year. We only teach when we get asked (about 3 times a year), and then only when we can actually make it (one of those 3 times).

If you are used to doing footwork then West Coast Swing is no harder to learn than any other dance. The music is typically blues, soul or modern RnB.

David

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TRUCE!!

Originally posted by DavidB
    We only teach when we get asked
    I'm asking! Pretty pleeeease ...

Well, at least let us know if you are going to be doing anything, would you?

The music is typically blues, soul or modern RnB. David
    Sounds nice!
    R.

Thread Information