Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Accidents

Re: Stabbed by the birdbrain

Originally posted by Graham
    Well, I picked up a dance injury last night - the Chick drew blood when she stabbed me with her claw . I hope she gets them trimmed before we dance again!

Not just a girl problem!!!!!! - I still have the wound on my wrist from the London comp 2 weeks ago - and that was from Bill!!!!!!!!

Actually had a few cuts over the years from male dancers . Although I do have every sympathey for the guys ( or who ever is leading) as the rings which ladies wear are often a real hazard. when I was a taxi dancer I always made a point of telling new woman about the hurt which the rings cause the leaders's hands. It is not something you always appreciate unless its pointed out and its not intentional.

must now go and find that nail file!!!

franx

Versailles (yeah, in the chateau itself !)

Re: Stabbed by the birdbrain

Originally posted by Graham
    Well, I picked up a dance injury last night - the Chick drew blood when she stabbed me with her claw
    So like Heather, you can see dead people !! And not only that - you dance with them.....thought you looked a bit odd dancing by yourself.... a few people commented on it - but hey, the passing of a loved one can affect you in so many different ways ....

Wxxx

Blog Entries
    I am SOOOOOOOOO chuffed that I managed to do something promting G-man to resurrect a 7 MONTH OLD thread to tell everybody about!!!!!!!

Have now sharpened them and painted them red so you can see them coming. It's the fashion down here - you should see the marks on the guys' naked backs....

seriously ....:sorry

Re: Re: Stabbed by the birdbrain

Originally posted by Wendy
    So like Heather, you can see dead people !! And not only that - you dance with them.....thought you looked a bit odd dancing by yourself.... a few people commented on it - but hey, the passing of a loved one can affect you in so many different ways ....

Wxxx
    It would appear that it's not only us Dundee girls that are MAd!!!!

Heather,
    XX

I'm an Accident Magnet.

1st Night, a very nice young girl punched me in the nose. Sure it was my fault (and if you're out there reading this I apologise for hitting your fist with my nose! )

2nd Night, going into the ..wossname..erm.. catapault. I didn't let the lady spin freely but gripped her hand. She in turn gripped mine (two beginners) Spun her, turned round, extended my spare hand being me, stretched.. felt a nasty sort of popping sensation in my shoulder! Eek. Luckily I'm double jointed .. i'm like one of those old toy animals where you press the base in and it crumples only to reform when you let go!

I'm dreading 3rd Night!

I'm an Accident Magnet.

1st Night, a very nice young girl punched me in the nose. Sure it was my fault (and if you're out there reading this I apologise for hitting your fist with my nose! )

2nd Night, going into the ..wossname..erm.. catapault. I didn't let the lady spin freely but gripped her hand. She in turn gripped mine (two beginners) Spun her, turned round, extended my spare hand being me, stretched.. felt a nasty sort of popping sensation in my shoulder! Eek. Luckily I'm double jointed .. i'm like one of those old toy animals where you press the base in and it crumples only to reform when you let go!

I'm dreading 3rd Night!

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Beowulf1970
    I'm dreading 3rd Night!
    Im dreading the 3rd post of the same message

B.T.C.
    I'm an Accident Magnet.

I'm dreading 3rd Night!
    I'm on duty tonight so I'll take a first aid box, some boxing gloves and a stretcher just in case

Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
    Sorry.. Had a glitch! Did a page refresh by accident.. Won't happen again!

Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    Would have been funnier if youd just posted an identical message again. You need to come to me for comic tips......and do the opposite probably

Well, almost three months in, and nothing major. So far have been almost brained by a homicidal ponytail, and nearly had my arm wenched out at the shoulder by some very determined ‘back-leading’ (not you Nina). Mind you, have a feeling that when a certain package arrives from our man McGregster, I might be adding to my list of ‘accidents’

Registered User Tazmanian Devil's Avatar
    Been quite lucky so far no accidents except the occasional person flying into me or vise versa but this just cant be helped when your on a crowded dance floor and the man leads you straight into someone.

Re: Accidents

Not really an accident, but there's one lady that asks me to dance sometimes - I won't say where - and for the first few times it made me feel a bit seasick.

I kid you not... I didn't associate it with her dancing the first time, but when it happened again I noticed the effect again - it was mild, but definitely real, and not very nice.

Nothing to do with spinning, either.

She has a style whereby she goes up and down in time with the music (up (a lot) on a step forward, down (a lot) on a step back), and visually it's a bit like being on a the moving deck of a ship.

It was very weird. If she asks me to dance now, I can control the effect by looking away more, so it's mostly Ok.

She'a a really nice person, just a bit strange to dance with.

Chris

OK. I think I have a couple of corkers. Dancing at Hipsters one night with a well-known face on the dance circuit I got a little too close at the end of his spin and had his elbow firmly smacked in my ear. I felt a bit stunned and he was mortified, but I smiled and carried on bravely as I didn't want to make a fuss. However, my jaw had been knocked askew making some dental work I was having done a tad tricky.

My other incident was with my own partner (not Sheepy). We had learnt the 'skipping rope' with Andy and Rena and were able to execute the move consistently well on the day. We decided to practise again a few days later!!! The result was both heels firmly in the goolies. Tony squeeked bravely on for the rest of the evening!

M

Originally posted by Boomer
    Mind you, have a feeling that when a certain package arrives from our man McGregster, I might be adding to my list of ‘accidents’
    I'll start calling you the Shirtster, and that'll be no accident...

Receiving Accidents:

I have been "nailed" twice - once was in Hammersmith accross the right ear, the second time was in Melbourne across my right forearm.

I was once elbowed by a big guy in a class who wasn't being careful'

Tumbles:

I have ended on my bum four times

First move basic jump at Hammersmith - I am not overkeen on this move now

Doing an intermediate class in Perth Western Australia

St. Mary's right arm nelson seducer

Letting go in a move on a bounce into out and touch the floor the loss of contact with the left arm means we both end up on our bums

Boomer's Recent Misfortune...

I'm saying nothing, I'm saying nothing

It was an accident I tell you, an accident!

Hi,

Steve and I had an awful accident in Perth on Thursday past.

It was a really fast track and I was doing my best to follow him but I misread a move and as a result i ended up crashing to the floor with Steve on top of me.

It was bloody awful, as I think we pushed a few couples off the dancefloor on our way down. I put my hand up and say it was a result of me trying to lead. Mmm... not like me

And this is from the one who stands on stage week in week out lecturing to women about their leading and telling them never to throw themself into a dip. At least I can laugh at myself and anyway, I'm sure I'll say to my daughter in years to come : Do as I say not as I do!!!

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

The Forum Legend
    Originally posted by Lorna
    It was a really fast track and I was doing my best to follow him but I misread a move and as a result i ended up crashing to the floor with Steve on top of me.
    And the best thing, is that Lorna thinks that I didn't intend for it to happen

Steve

Omnipotent Moderatrix (LMC)
    Originally posted by TheTramp
    And the best thing, is that Lorna thinks that I didn't intend for it to happen
    Did your trousers stay up?

Thread Information