Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tips for Dancing for these hot days

errr.. in the back of my car with my microphone..anyone else want teacher cover...just call (everyone else has...!!!)

Re: Tips for Dancing for these hot days

Quote Originally Posted by Yliander
    yes - along as your socks are clean
    Of course......and anyway, usually wear those little white trainer socks.....

used to think that nothing other than long pants was acceptable - however here in Perth (Australia) - summer temps are often mid 30 celsius so consessions had to be made to save the poor boys from heat stroke
    Australia - hot - pah...!!! Here in sunny England (and Scotland as well apparently - apologies to all other Countries that make up this Great Britain of ours...although not sure about Wales - doesn't it always rain there...???) - anyway I digress - Here in the UK it's hit nearly 30 degrees C..... ...Yeah....and we don't ask for concessions... very much.....

having long hair I find that tying it can really help to keep cool - or a cool cloth to the back of your neck
    Errr...Ok, I'll give it a go but I might have to ask Trampy for some advice on how to do that.....

skirts of any length are also great - as you spin lots of lovely cool air!!
    Ah...now this one's easy - I'll just pop down south and see if Andy McG will lend me something from his wardrobe - something with floral print I think, or linen......

Thank you so mcuh for your advice - it will be put to good use in our arrid and somewhat sweaty parts........
    Gordy
    ~ It's a Dance Thing ~

'Τα δόντια μου είναι μου δικοί - οι γόμμες δεν είναι'

www.vatsim-uk.org

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon J Pownall
    I'll just pop down south and see if Andy McG will
    In my experience with Andy, it doesn't pay to go too far down south

Greg

This is meant to be serious, non baiting! Saw a bloke in a kilt at Middlebrough Ceroc last night. My first thoughts were uncharitable (well I am a geordie, and they say a Scot is a geordie with his head kicked in; or maybe it is the other way round.
    Then I started to see the advantage (I was at a 'beach' freestyle on Saturday, wore long shorts which I never thought I would ever do, a vest and trekker sandals; stayed really cool all night) and even got a bit jealous, except he wasn't as good looking as me.

Sal

Kilts do have the advantage of a certain draft whilst spinning, but are at all cool to wear. They are made from wool, approximately one flock worth. Why do you think we have so many sheep in scotland (don't answer that!)

As the most southern outpost of the artic circle, our national dress is definately not heatwave wear!

Quote Originally Posted by Dianas
    One night I was in a hurry and caught short of body tape so used double sided carpet tape instead!
    It worked, and didn't take my skin off or leave a rash!
    Yes, I too must confess to using carpet tape with a dress I have which tends to be a bit inclided to slide down and show my bra - it really does work!

I think these girls who can wear backless halterneck dresses are sooo lucky! They look dead elegant, unfortunately I don't think I could find one that would hold my ample bosom in even if I used a whole roll of tape, toupe, tit, carpet or sello!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sal
    Kilts do have the advantage of a certain draft whilst spinning, but are at all cool to wear.
    Who told you that? A proper kilt is heavy, wooly and very warm. (well, mine is)

My nether regions are definetly cooler {temerature} wearing dress trousers. Perhaps I need to spin more ?

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget
    A proper kilt is heavy, wooly and very warm.
    True enough, the only time I've worn a kilt for dancing, my midriff was especially hot, with all those woolly layers, but I intentionally did lots of spinning, and found this helped keep other regions pleasantly ventilated! (It was February though, and no risk of sunburn.)

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepman
    I intentionally did lots of spinning, and found this helped keep other regions pleasantly ventilated! (It was February though, and no risk of sunburn.)

Greg
    mental note must go to the BFG

Who told you that? A proper kilt is heavy, wooly and very warm. (well, mine is)

The guy I saw (but I didn't look too closely ), his kilt didn't seem heavy material, and I must admit that he looked cool, literally and metaphorically, with tattoos, somewhat in the Robert Carlyle, on a bad day, style.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mick
    The guy I saw (but I didn't look too closely ), his kilt didn't seem heavy material, and I must admit that he looked cool, literally and metaphorically, with tattoos, somewhat in the Robert Carlyle, on a bad day, style.
    Oooh I can't wait for the BFG!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Nowadays, you can get kilts made from many different materials - denim for example, oh and leather that's it I'm stopping now

Still, nothing better than a man in a proper, tartan, wool kilt (especially if he also has a tux in his suitcase )
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Most (cheap) modern kilts are light-weight cotton - designed for fasion rather than anything else. The real thing is about six yards of woolen blanket (72"/180cm tall), pleated down to one yard {anyone interested can look here}. The "traditional" kilt is still about the same length of material and weighs about the same as an old leather biker's jacket. And is five times the price of a light-weight kilt.

Anyone like the rugbyshirt, kilt & hiking boots look? I don't: and give me a Jackobean, lace-up shirt over a pleated shirt & bowtie any day of the week.

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Give me Jaccobean, lace-up shirt over a pleated shirt & bowtie any day of the week.
    Aboslutely wonder if there'd be any chance of getting 7 guys in a cabaret all wearing kilts and lace-up shirts?
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel
    Oh, and those mini camping towels you can get from Millets (and probably elsewhere) are absolutely amazing - just like blotting paper ...

Rachel
    Rachel,
    Thanks for the tip! I mentioned it to my sister and she picked one up for me when she was shopping! It's a travel towel and comes in the size of a small drinks can and is super absorbent. I'll be trying it out tonight.. are you at Notts? I'll try not to get lost this time.

I've also been using travel packs of deoderant wipes 'cas I feel when I've towelled off I may still be a little on the high side so I give myself a good going over!

I was dancing the lead again last night, and did notice that the womans scent is as pervasive as the man's.

Hows the body tape going?!
    D

It's really hot today, so i was looking for some tips to keep cool.

My tip would be to stay hydrated. If you feel thirsty, it's too late, you are already dehydrated.

Another thing is that carbonated water and carbonated drinks like coke, will actually dehydrated you. You'd be better off drinking nothing! Hard to believe!

Men if you are a bit overweight, theres a few of us, wear shorts and a vest with socks up to the knees.

Women love this sexy look.
    XXX XXX DTS

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    Men if you are a bit overweight, theres a few of us, wear shorts and a vest with socks up to the knees.

Women love this sexy look.
    XXX XXX DTS
    You truely are a sex god, aren't you

Quote Originally Posted by the whale View Post
    You truely are a sex god, aren't you
    To complete the sex God look insure a sweaty hairy chest and sweaty armpit hair is on show as well.
    LOVELY.

XXX XXX DTS

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    To complete the sex God look insure a sweaty hairy chest and sweaty armpit hair is on show as well.
    LOVELY.

XXX XXX DTS
    And... it has to be a string vest

What's your kilt made out of Whaley? Do you dance au naturel to keep cool?

Thread Information