Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: More men! How do we find and keep them dancing??

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Re: More men! How do we find and keep them dancing??

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick
    Sorry but I don't like this approch. What you'll get is nine guys who want to dance just long enough to get the girl and then leave. Yes we are this shallow. A dance floor of guys who are more intent on chatting up the dancers than listening to the lesson does not help anyone. They lead badly and don't care. their partners don't get the moves. Bad habits are formed. We all suffer. I know the dancing is for fun but those involed need to have some desire to dance, not just the normal male desire.
    There thats that off my chest.

Good point. I do just think that although you may get some guys who are only there for the girls you'll also get ones that may find that they want to be there for the dancing!

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick
    Sorry but I don't like this approch. What you'll get is nine guys who want to dance just long enough to get the girl and then leave. Yes we are this shallow. A dance floor of guys who are more intent on chatting up the dancers than listening to the lesson does not help anyone. They lead badly and don't care. their partners don't get the moves. Bad habits are formed. We all suffer. I know the dancing is for fun but those involed need to have some desire to dance, not just the normal male desire.
    There thats that off my chest.
    I can see where you are coming from, but when I started CEROC in 1990 I started for all the wrong reasons. I stayed for all the right reasons.

When I started again in Edinburgh this year I started again because I enjoyed dancing. The social life that has evolved as a result is a real bonus.

As for attracting more men. I have caused some hilarity in the male dominated environment in which I work with my exploits. During the fringe, one of the guys came along to see Jive Aces in the Spiegeltent and watched with awe some of the dancing.

When the girls worked on him to start coming to CEROC he had a real moment of weakness and if there had been a class afterwards, or even if the girls had fetched him mob-handed for the next class I am pretty certain he would have come along and all would have enjoyed it - but unfortunately that was not the case.

On a lighter note. In 1990 - I used to power build in Slough 3 nights a week and go dancing straight from the gym. Imagine my surprise one day when I bumped into 3 of the larger body builders at the Windsor ceroc. When I asked them what they were doing there - they replied "Girlfriends made us come."

When I saw them there on their own a few weeks later and posed the same question - their response was "girlfriends couldn't make it!"

Elsewhere, Ash referred to some guy who had joined the intermediate class without ever doing a freestyle dance. I wonder if this might be a factor. Kudos to Ash for being the first person to get him dancing freestyle, but it really shouldn't have taken that long.

I just think it's kinda incredible that some guy got through to the intermediate class (six weeks? 12 weeks?) without a single girl - not one - taking the initiative and asking him for a dance. Apparently they were all entirely happy to let him sit unasked until he got bored and left, each night he came. Either happy with that - or just blissfully unaware of who the newcomers are at their venue and how they might be feeling. Also, what were the taxi dancers?

Ok, so I don't know the details, and I'm sure there are extenuating circumstances. Still, if that had happened at my local MJ joint, I'd be embarassed.

Thread Information