Thread: re: patience of a saint

Commercial Operator

re: patience of a saint

I would like to take this oppotunity to educate some of the more ill-informed cerocers using this forum with regard to "the 25%" of men who can't keep the beat.

With no apologies, these people should be lauded, awarded prizes, and thoroughly respected by us plebbs. They are NOT missing the beat, but are carrying off the near impossible task of dancing to the previous song. This is an immense talent, and we should bow to their superior rhythmic know-how!!

So, please.... next time you see someone pulling off this feat, congratulate them.

AND, don't forget: if you missed you fave song, cos you were @ the loo, or something such like; you can ask them to dance the next record AND YOU'LL STILL GET TO DANCE TO YOUR FAVE TUNE!!!!!!!!!

Re: re: patience of a saint

Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
    I would like to take this oppotunity to educate some of the more ill-informed cerocers using this forum with regard to "the 25%" of men who can't keep the beat.
    Hey, it's not just us men; I have danced with one or two women who couldn't find the beat . (OK so it's probably 0.25% )

Most people dance with their feet hitting the floor on every beat or half beat, good dancers move the beat up to the hips, and excellent dancers move their whole body to the beat.
    Perhaps those who can't keep the beat are just trying to be excellent dancers without going through the process of becoming good first ?

I know this is verging on sacrilege, but I found that learning salsa improved my timing and perception of the rhythm. (Although I found that latin music just gets boring after a time.)

Re: re: patience of a saint

Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
    They are NOT missing the beat, but are carrying off the near impossible task of dancing to the previous song. This is an immense talent, and we should bow to their superior rhythmic know-how!!
    Great post!! It gives me an idea though - since you have one of these fancy gizmo whatsits, why not have a 30 second burst in the middle of each track where you alter the play speed to match the beat to the dancing of one of "the 25%" chosen at random. This would allow their partners to dance to the current track for a bit, and give everyone a bit of added challenge. We could even have a game of "spot the beat", where we try to work out who you've synched to.

Re: Re: re: patience of a saint

Originally posted by Graham

Great post!! It gives me an idea though - since you have one of these fancy gizmo whatsits, why not have a 30 second burst in the middle of each track where you alter the play speed to match the beat to the dancing of one of "the 25%" chosen at random. This would allow their partners to dance to the current track for a bit, and give everyone a bit of added challenge. We could even have a game of "spot the beat", where we try to work out who you've synched to.
    Graham!

What on earth have you been eating? I like the idea though! Perhaps a little alcohol might help proceedings??? However I think that this talented 25% may outwit us all and switch to a *completely* different beat as the music switches...

"Pick a beat, any beat..."

Jayne

Re: Re: re: patience of a saint

Originally posted by Graham

Excellent idea - can we try that in the middle of the Advanced Competition on Sunday and see how well they adapt?????

Thread Information