Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Minnie Mouse Fan Club

Omnipotent Moderatrix (LMC)

Re: Minnie Mouse Fan Club

Someone told me yesterday that three slices of whoolemeal bread has more fat than a Mars Bar. Naturally I regard this as an excuse to eat more Mars Bars (if only I liked them ) but does anyone have a Mars Bar handy, so we can check the theory?

PS do not really manage diets, as eating is one of the greatest pleasures in the world. I am mainly in favour of eating healthily and exercising as much as poss (works in theory, in practice my trousers are too tight!! )

Quote Originally Posted by Emma
    ........ eating is one of the greatest pleasures in the world.
    Yep - however, not enough of the healthy eating and exercise got me to the sized I am now - so beware and remeber I am at least 25 years older than most of you

Those were the old days - I've packed my fruit for today and will pick up a salad from Tescos for dinner and off to work - Band night at the Winning Post tonight if you like Rock 'n' Roll (my little part time job)

Thanks for the tips folks - (going to buy some raisins for my sugar fix)

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Commercial Operator

Quiet in here...

We are still your fans Minnie, and in this heat we need as many fans as we can get.

Glitter Queen

Just weighed myself and am the same as I was two weeks ago (even though I've been dieting).
    Please tell me the rest of you are having more luck - and words of sympathy and encouragement are always welcome!

Omnipotent Moderatrix (LMC)

Have you been exercising? Cos if so then you could well be building muscle, which weighs more than fat (I think someone said something about that further up)..

I always think the *best* test of whether or not the diet/exercise is working is to see if your clothes are getting looser (and mine aren't! ). It might be more encouraging for you to take measurements (waist bust hips) and compare them each week, rather than weigh yourself.

Glitter Queen

I guess I could just chop my leg off or something - that would make me weigh less....
    (yes, i know it's not funny, but I'm feeling rather dispondant).

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkles
    Just weighed myself and am the same as I was two weeks ago (even though I've been dieting).
    Please tell me the rest of you are having more luck - and words of sympathy and encouragement are always welcome!
    Sorry to hear that Sparkles, but keep trying and you will become super-svelte before too long!

MM, I cut out bread, rice, bananas, pasta and potatoes in Oct last year and use Splenda instead of sugar. I eat plenty of salad, fruit especially berries, and use butternut squash instead of potatoes and occasionally have pumpernickel instead of bread. I lose aboout a pound or two each week, but allow myself to break the diet for special occasions, or as a reward, without feeling too guilty. This weekend I passed the 4 stone lost mark, since I changed my eating habits. (See BB video last year for the "before" image - not pretty!)
    Keep it up - it's worth it!!

R-K

I guess I could just chop my leg off or something - that would make me weigh less....
    Have a hug or 2 and maybe you'll feel a little better

Quote Originally Posted by Rhythm King
    MM, I cut out bread, rice, bananas, pasta and potatoes in Oct last year and use Splenda instead of sugar. I eat plenty of salad, fruit especially berries, and use butternut squash instead of potatoes and occasionally have pumpernickel instead of bread. I lose aboout a pound or two each week, but allow myself to break the diet for special occasions, or as a reward, without feeling too guilty. This weekend I passed the 4 stone lost mark, since I changed my eating habits. (See BB video last year for the "before" image - not pretty!)
    Keep it up - it's worth it!!
    4 stone that's how much I have to loose - in a year Rk ? Truly amazing I am well impressed - that is just the sort of encouragement I need

Didn't loose anything this week - but have just been shopping and have taken on all those great tips you have all given me .... thanks

Good luck Sparkles - next week is a 'looser' for BOTH of us

Anyone else looking at the scales

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Glitter Queen

Quote Originally Posted by under par
    Have a hug or 2 and maybe you'll feel a little better
    Thank you, I feel a little brighter already

Commercial Operator

I can back up Rythm Kings advice Minnie. Cutting back on the carbs will help you lose weight. Don't be tempted to go full out on Atkins though. If you eat rice, make sure it's brown, (takes ages to cook though), and if you do eat bread make sure it's wholemeal. Plenty of Green veg is also good, or you could try roast veg. Things like butternut squash, green beans, peppers, parsnips, carrots are dlicious if you roast them in a light coating of olive oil. remember also that some fats are good for you, especially the unsaturated ones. and beware the things that are "low fat"...as they tend to be low on fat, but higher in sugar, and refined sugar is the biggest culprit for putting on weight.
    good luck

woah there !
    is this the Sparkles I danced withat hipsters on friday?
    what's the depression all about?
    I suppose if you ar uncomfortable that's one thing,but I saw no reason to be despondant ,about your weight or any other aspect of yourself!
    I do find this obsession with size the depressing thing
    I have two almost-out-of-teenage daughters and they are both stunning,but they are always going on about their imperfections, it drives me NUTS.
    I'm sorry I don't mean to imply that this is trivial,because it clearly is not for a lot of people, but if I can offer a little bit of flattery to help enhance your self-image, you gorgeous thing, then here it is!!!

Glitter Queen

Quote Originally Posted by latinlover
    woah there !
    is this the Sparkles I danced with at hipsters on friday?
    what's the depression all about?
    I suppose if you ar uncomfortable that's one thing,but I saw no reason to be despondant ,about your weight or any other aspect of yourself!
    I do find this obsession with size the depressing thing
    I have two almost-out-of-teenage daughters and they are both stunning,but they are always going on about their imperfections, it drives me NUTS.
    I'm sorry I don't mean to imply that this is trivial,because it clearly is not for a lot of people, but if I can offer a little bit of flattery to help enhance your self-image, you gorgeous thing, then here it is!!!
    It's not that I think I'm fat. I don't want to be stick thin (not that there's anything wrong with being thin, it's just not for me) but if you tried to guess how much I weigh I can garuntee you'll be a couple of stone out.
    I'm heavy, and that's what gets to me. People try and do aerials with me and I get scared: I'm scared for me cos I know they'll drop me when they find out how heavy I am, and for them because they're likely to have themselves an injury. I want to lose weight so I can do all the wonderful things people like the lovely Nina do, though doubt I'll ever be that good.
    Flattery when I'm feeling miserable always helps too though, so thank you

Commercial Operator

Minnie's PC has a problem!!! :tears:

I've had a distraught 'phone call from MinnieM. She's just upgraded to Broadband and things have gone horribly wrong with her PC: pop-ups, software downloading, etc - so she's disconnected and switched off her computer.

Minnie has asked me to apologise to everyone that she's unable to send her usual email of her list. She's away for the weekend at Rythm Roit and will be back on Monday, get an expert to look at her PC and, hopefully, send out her email. She tells me that her updated list is posted on her website as she did that before installing broadband.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M
    Thank you Andy for starting this thread I appreciate any help given, it is going to a long hard journey
    Chocolate is out of the window; reduce bread intake esp, white; you should try to eat one thing at a time e.g., macaroni cheese - but not on toast; as a pudding substitute try porridge with treacle (uhmm!) or Jordan's luxury muesli (double uhmm!) (plus banana as a special treat (!)); bean stew 'greek style' (soak butter beans, fry onion, herbs, add tin toms, pots, carrot, suede, add olive oil and boil hard till potato begins to disintegrate adding texture) - serve with fetta (sp?) cheese and salad (fantastic!!); or don't buy any food..

Commercial Operator

Re: Minnie's PC has a problem!!! :tears:

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor
    I've had a distraught 'phone call from MinnieM. She's just upgraded to Broadband and things have gone horribly wrong with her PC: pop-ups, software downloading, etc - so she's disconnected and switched off her computer.

M.
    I know the feeling. same thing happened to me when I got broadband installed. i called in the agony Smurf, and he sorted me out. Firewlls pop up stopper, AVG anti virus, ad aware. I'm relatively pop up & virus free now (oo-err missus..Pnarr Phnarr ).......hope Minnie gets it sorted coz it's a real pain.

This is working for me;

No carbs after 5 pm. Well OK, 6 pm. Or it's a special occasion.

Eat a lot less wheat. Replace with pumpernickel, oat muesli, rice etc. Luckily, I've gone off pasta.

If I have to eat something really fattening, like a plate of chocolate brownies, Delia's recipe, I eat it for breakfast. Or at least, lunch.

No eating between meals, unless it's fruit.

I only eat a small salad of lettuce. tomato. grated carrot & dressing pre-Ceroc. NO spring onion!

Stay up late (Doing Ceroc, for example) and don't eat anything before going to bed, unless it's a piece of fruit, preferably citrus. Or a glass of water. Hopefully you will be so tired you will fall asleep despite a growling stomach.

Try not to eat after about 7 pm.

Mainly eat veg, fruit, seeds, grains, nuts, fish. What the diet Kommandant Dr Gillian McKeith says. Luckily, this does include quite a lot of nice things. For all else, see rule 3.

Never buy crisps or biscuits. Do not allow them to enter the house.

Relentless physical activity.

Have one proper, tasty, substantial meal a day, even if it is low-calorie, so you feel satisfied and not deprived. Hmm, can't quite fit rule 5 into this.

good luck Minnie. If it helps, I managed to lose 6.5 stone in 8 months 2 years ago.

The trick I learned was that you have to really want to lose weight. I had been big since the age of 18 and had resolved myself to being "built like that".

In 2000, I became resolved to do something about it - having met somebody else who had lost 5 stone.

My regime became one of diet (atkins), with lots of exercise including gym and swimming. I qualified as a pool and beach lifeguard during my regime and was asked to represent our local leisure centre in a national rowing competition - such was my increased level of fitness.

I have put some weight back on now, but am happy with my weight and get lots of exercise dancing.

good luck

see before and after pictures below

before and after
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered User Northants Girly's Avatar

I went out dancing last night and had a dance with someone I hadn't seen for a while

"You're getting lighter!" he said

" " I thought

Then I realized he was talking about my new hair colour fading . . . .

Thread Information