Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Strategies to keep beginners

Commercial Operator

Re: Strategies to keep beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Gus
    Rule 1 Teacher is ALWAYS right
    Ruke 2 When a Teacher is wrong ... see Rule1

I can sympathise with that incident totaly. During Teacher training it is(was) custom for the trainee teachers to help out the Taxi dancers at a local club. Iw as doing this at Fulham .. showing the intial grip and how to get into a first move. The lead taxi dancer watching we with an expression that could only be described as mild contempt and .. as I finished the talk through ... proceeded to teach the hold totaly differently commenting that "the theory is fine but in practice ..." etc. etc. Must admit that its the closest I've ever come to decking someone at a MJ event
    I can remember a night (not Ceroc) where I went to an established class where nobody knew me. During the beginners lesson the taxi dancer went to great lengths to show me how to bounce my hand up and down properly and do that side-to-side foowork thing during the countdown to the start of the routine - I think I'd nearly got the knack of it by the end of the lesson

I even considered doing the beginners consolidation...

Glitter Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor
    I can remember a night (not Ceroc) where I went to an established class where nobody knew me. During the beginners lesson the taxi dancer went to great lengths to show me how to bounce my hand up and down properly and do that side-to-side foowork thing during the countdown to the start of the routine - I think I'd nearly got the knack of it by the end of the lesson

I even considered doing the beginners consolidation...

It always amuses me that some taxi dancers jump straight in with 'helpful' comments without first checking how the person they're dancing with is doing... surely it's common sense to find out if you're dancing with a biginner or not before you start to do something like that...?!

At last: proper lessons in Bouncy Hands Jive!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor
    So why are some Ceroc classes charging 40% more than Ceroc Metro
    When a franchise is running many venues with different capacities and at different stages of growth it is difficult to pick a single price to suit all venues.

If the venue is packed to capacity then it is quite probable that some people are staying away because they consider it too crowded.

One obvious solution is to raise the price so that the venue is still packed to comfortable capacity, but now the others are staying away because of the price. They are paying the 40% more to dance in comfort with other dancers keen enough to pay 40% more for an experience they all judge worth the money.

I have just danced with the same beginner on 3 nights this week. She started Monday, went to another venue Tues, and came to the Thurs class too. It does not require free entry to get some beginners coming back, if the experience is right.

There were at least two ladies who were paying £10 on top of the entry fee for baby sitters also there tonight.

Thread Information