Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Hairdresser's thread (Going anywhere nice for your hols?)

Blog Entries

Re: The Hairdresser's thread (Going anywhere nice for your hols?)

Quote Originally Posted by philsmove
    The following weekend is the balloon fiesta http://www.bristolfiesta.co.uk/
    Yup - I'll be there, as usual, for the Saturday 6am launch

[QUOTE=Lynn]Sort of off topic, but I phoned my hairdressers today -

You are off topic arent'cha! What a woman!

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkles
    I'm sooooo jealous! I love Las Vegas - have been twice now. Which hotel did you stay in? If you win the lottery and decide to go back please will you take me with you??? pretty please?!
    I find that when I tell people I like Las Vegas many of them turn their noses up - without actually having been there themselves - do you find the same thing? It really annoys me!
    Stayed in the Orleans, and the Rockabilly weekender was in it's sister Hotel the Gold Coast. I found it fascinating how this amazing place seems to just be plonked right in the middle of the Sierra Nevada mountains, in the middle of the desert. The strip is an amazing place, as is Freemont Street. It's one of the few places that I have been on holiday to that I would definately want to go back to. ( If I win the lottery, i will ask Mrs Demon if we can take you too sparkles
    )

Glitter Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Dance Demon
    ( If I win the lottery, i will ask Mrs Demon if we can take you too sparkles
    )

Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dance Demon
    I found it fascinating how this amazing place seems to just be plonked right in the middle of the Sierra Nevada mountains, in the middle of the desert.
    The thing that amazed me was how much water there is about! Every hotel seems to have a lake or a fountain, and there are swimming pools galore! For somewhere that, as you say, is in the middle of the desert I found it astounding! Can't wait to go back - but it won't be for a good few years yet . I went down the Grand Canyon too - and flew over it and stood on the edge and on the bottom (my Mum's a little obsessed ). It was awesome!
    Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself - you'll have to show me your holiday snaps sometime!

I've had - or have lined up - some great holidays this year. All of them long weekends based around dance events:

Jan - Bognor
    March - chance 2 dance
    April - Camber
    May - Southport
    May - Aberdeen
    July - Isle of Wight
    Aug - Scottish comp
    Sept - Southport
    Sept - BFG
    Nov - Camber
    Jan - Rock Bottoms Torquay.

And with all that, money and holiday allowance from work is completely used up. No better way to spend your holiday though, huh?!!

Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel
    And with all that, money and holiday allowance from work is completely used up. No better way to spend your holiday though, huh?!!
    Sounds like a great line up and lovely to have lots of little breaks like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn
    Sort of off topic, but I phoned my hairdressers today - have been for ages - to be told that my usual stylist no longer works there! Been going to her for years, she was really good - what am I going to do!
    Just called into a local salon and got an appointment for tomorrow! So when the hairdresser asks me, I will say Southport and Scotland!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn
    Sounds like a great line up and lovely to have lots of little breaks like that.
    Oh yes! I've got something 'big' to look forward to just about every month, which is great.

Look forward to seeing you again at Southport, Lynn!
    Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkles
    I'm sooooo jealous! I love Las Vegas - have been twice now. Which hotel did you stay in? If you win the lottery and decide to go back please will you take me with you??? pretty please?!
    I find that when I tell people I like Las Vegas many of them turn their noses up - without actually having been there themselves - do you find the same thing? It really annoys me!

Ive been to Las Vegas many time and stay at the Monte Carlo but I usually get free accomedation so thats indicative of my spending habits ! If you work the comps it can be cheap and Ive even skied 30 miles from vegas and you can scuba dive with 30 miles in the near by dams (not recommended !)

Next week Ill fly to New York and drive south along Atlantic coast probably down to South Carolina. If ceroc ever did a ski/scuba dance holiday in one that would be great !

Canterbury, Kent - The garden of England.

Talking Re: The Hairdresser's thread (Going anywhere nice for your hols?)

Is it true that the favourite activity of hairdressers is to ...

... stand on the pavement at lunchtime pointing a
    hair dryer at passing cars to see if they slow down ?

I've been kicking myself that I didn't book onto Beach Boogie. As a school teacher I have a lot of time to fill up in the summer!

Just got back from 10 days camping in Cornwall (escaped before the floods) where I unwisely allowed someone to take me sea-cliff climbing, something I haven't done for 10 years. And boy, did it make me feel old & creaky. It was strange to be back in the world of people who eat, sleep, breathe and only find life's meaning in the activity of climbing. I do feel a bit of a pull back towards it but there's probably only room in my life for one majorly obsessive hobby- and what could that possibly be?

And after a solid diet of pasties and cream it's going to take weeks of starvation to get back to my dancing weight.

Thread Information