Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Words of advice ?

Re: Re: Re: Words of advice ?

Originally posted by filthycute
    i just assume everyone is like me and loves having all the things they can improve on to make them a better dancer pointed out.filthycute x x
    Well, on the whole, I think I'd prefer to be Very Gently told if I was doing anything particularly horrendous or stupid on the dancefloor...

My other embarrassing moment at that Hammersmith do, was when I was dancing with Clayton Tubbs and he extremely delicately told me that, when doing the penguin-walkaround-thingamegib-thingy, I should really be using my thigh to maintain contact with him, and should NOT be pressing up groin to groin!

My face flooded bright red ... I hadn't even realised I was doing that - honest! I swear that, from now on, I shall make sure I maintain a very respectful distance from the person I'm dancing with.

Mind you ... if you had to pick anyone to rub groins with, I can't think of many people better!!!
    Rachel

Omnipotent Moderatrix (LMC)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Words of advice ?

Originally posted by Rachel
    Well, on the whole, I think I'd prefer to be Very Gently told if I was doing anything particularly horrendous or stupid on the dancefloor...
    Me too..but like you say - Verrry Gently.

My other embarrassing moment at that Hammersmith do, was when I was dancing with Clayton Tubbs and he extremely delicately told me that, when doing the penguin-walkaround-thingamegib-thingy, I should really be using my thigh to maintain contact with him, and should NOT be pressing up groin to groin!
    Oh dear... That's classic Rachel!! Well done!

Originally posted by Gadget

So if you try to take the lead it means we men arn't leading properly
    I don't often try to take the lead these days - I had it forced out of me by a previous partner - I have led complete beginners - but usually I ask them if they'd like me to help them lead to start with (and I did have one women come up to weeks later and say 'Thank you so much for helping my husband asking him if he'd like you to help him by leading a bit - he was on the verge of giving up - but you hepled him get his confidence'.)

When I actually make my rather nasty comment it's usually just because the guy is getting too big for his boots (not that I of course am too big for my horribly uncomfortable shoes!!!!)

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Originally posted by filthycute

Think i'll go down as the girl who didn't mince her words
    (was that what everyone was saying Sheena?)

filthycute x x
    Well it went something along those lines Mel

I was very glad to have you there, especially for something like a cabaret it's definitely good to have another pair of eyes and honesty is the best policy -

and if you HAVE to go down - don't go down mincing

Re: Re: Re: Re: Words of advice ?

My face flooded bright red ... I hadn't even realised I was doing that - honest! I swear that, from now on, I shall make sure I maintain a very respectful distance from the person I'm dancing with.
    Wheres the fun in that Rachel?

Prehaps he was just trying to embarrass you!

I am the first to admit that I was a terrible dancer when I was first learning ceroc but the worst thing anyone said to me was "I suggest you sit down and have a drink and give up instead of trying to do the beginners lesson". He was not joking and I did not go again for at least 3 weeks. Eventually I plucked up courage and friends dragged me along to another venue. I still see that dancer at Bromley and have not danced with him since. Not that I bear a grudge at all - I just take delight in turning him down. Thankfully my dancing has improved but he's has not!

Originally posted by Sharon
    the worst thing anyone said to me was "I suggest you sit down and have a drink and give up instead of trying to do the beginners lesson". He was not joking and I did not go again for at least 3 weeks
    Name and shame him! I think you ought to tell us all who that b*st*rd is, so that we can all ostracise him in future. I wish we could leave people like that sitting down for the entire evening without anyone to dance with!

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    I'd agree with that - I dislike people with a superior attitude. You generally find that the better a dancer someone is, the less arrogrant they are. I'll bet that bloke was mediocre at best and had delusions of grandeur .

I once saw another bloke sniggering when I was going over a series of recently learned moves with someone - later on I saw him dance and...his ego was bigger than his dance skill I think.

Still, a few people like that don't spoil the dance experience for me. It's all about the dance and your partner - nothing else matters

Name and shame him! I think you ought to tell us all who that b*st*rd is, so that we can all ostracise him in future. I wish we could leave people like that sitting down for the entire evening without anyone to dance with!

Absolutely, we don't need folk like that at Ceroc:reallymad

Cheers

Sandy

Originally posted by Sharon
    The worst thing anyone said to me was "I suggest you sit down and have a drink and give up instead of trying to do the beginners lesson". He was not joking.

I still see that dancer at Bromley and have not danced with him since. Not that I bear a grudge at all - I just take delight in turning him down. Thankfully my dancing has improved but he's has not!
    What an a**hole he is for saying that. Next time we go to Bromley point him out to me Sharon and we'll see how good a dancer he really THINKS he is. And by the way your a fantastic dancer.

Smile

Cheers Jon - you've made my day!

Thread Information