Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10th Anniversary Party

Re: 10th Anniversary Party

Originally posted by Franck
    ~snip~
    I have decided to make the party a Ceroc Ceilidh, so we will have just over an hour of Ceilidh (Scottish traditional) dancing in the middle of the night! Perfect for all your non ceroc-ing friends and visitors from South of the border ~snip~
    Since reading all the fun had at the champ's I'm trying my hardest to be able to attend this - should be fun

One question to those who Ceroc with kilts;
    When I wear my kilt to ceilidhs, it gets very warm, and I'm not working half as hard as I do at ceroc. I would think that it would be almost unbearable? Comments ?

Re: Accomodation

Originally posted by Gus
    ANy recommendations for good cheap hotels in the area, particulalry on a pay by room basis? There's a posse from Nantwich looking to come up but the younger lasses aren't exactly rolling in riches so accomodation at the 'ecomony' end of the scale would be good.
    I hadn't really read this thread until now, so missed this last week. I was going to post a witty reply about Gus being really thoughtful and generous to think of sharing his room, but as he isn't here to defend himself (don't they have internet cafes down under??) that would be really underhand of me .

Versailles (yeah, in the chateau itself !)

Re: Accomodation

Originally posted by Gus

ANy recommendations for good cheap hotels in the area, particulalry on a pay by room basis.... the 'ecomony' end of the scale would be good. Looks like the Scots reputation for hospitality and good events is spreading.
    Wondered if this could be a thread on is own (Franck ??? )

Would be delighted to put up a guest or two on a Glasgow night (continental breakfast included - cappuccino to die for !!!) in exchange for a room in another location on another party night.

Having now met some of the folks from Newcastle, Cheshire, Aberdeen and Dundee would love to travel for the parties but adding an extra 40-50 quid for hotel accommodation is a little cher !!!

(Gus - you'd be more than welcome (and I'd give you a Cantaloop you'd never forget ) but in return you'd have to take us to the French Brasserie or Franc(k)s or Sinclairs or Est Est Est or Pizza Express or Hale Wine Bar (RIP) etc etc for a kir or two !!! )

Wxxx

Re: Re: Accommodation

The cheapest hotel I could find nearby is the Kelvingrove Hotel:
    Franck.
    ok most importantly....does this hotel have a late night bar we could all chill in??

filthycute x x

OK. I checked out some local hotels at the weekend. The first 4 are all < 5 mins walk from the Party venue. The other 2 are perhaps just over 10 mins or a short taxi ride.

Specially for FC I also asked about bar opening hours! Please note that not all of the hotels listed are licensed.
    Everyone pretty much said the same thing - opening hours are at the manager's discretion and depend on how busy they are on the night. The Premier Lodge implied that 1.30am would be late for them, whereas the Devon Cove said that there are night staff on duty who could serve drinks all night if desired!
    So, just tell them what time you'll be back and ready to party!!!

Argyll Hotel (0141 337 3313)
    973 Sauchiehall St

£56 single, £35 per person Double or Twin
    Includes breakfast

Devon Cove Hotel (0141 334 4000)
    931 Sauchiehall St
    £50 single, £55 per room Double or Twin
    Includes Breakfast

This rate was authorised by Barbara. As of Sat a.m., they have 20 rooms available for Sat 23rd Nov.

Kelvingrove Hotel (0141 339 5011)
    944 Sauchiehall St

£30 single, £25 p/p Twin, £20 p/p triple, £16 p/p Quad (triple + sofa bed)
    Includes Breakfast.
    This appears to be a slightly better deal than the prices that Franck found.

Non-smoking hotel.
    NB: NOT licensed.

Sandyford Hotel (0141 334 0000)
    904 Sauchiehall St
    £32 Single, £52 per room Double or Twin, £70 per room Triple

Includes Breakfast
    NB: NOT licensed

City Inn (0141 240 1002)
    Finnieston Quay

£89 per room (room only) Ð all Twin or Double rooms

Premier Lodge (0141 221 1000)
    10 Elmbank Gdns

£49.95 per room (room only) Ð Single, Double or Twin

As I've never stayed in any of them I can't pass comment on whether they are good or not, so the above comes with a disclaimer that nothing is my fault.

Janet

Originally posted by Janet
    Specially for FC I also asked about bar opening hours! whereas the Devon Cove said that there are night staff on duty who could serve drinks all night if desired!
    So, just tell them what time you'll be back and ready to party!!!

Devon Cove Hotel (0141 334 4000)
    931 Sauchiehall St
    £50 single, £55 per room Double or Twin
    Includes Breakfast
    Thanks very much Janet.

Anyone looking for me....I'll be in the Devon

filthycute x x

Unless Franck just tells the Hall manager to leave the keys and we'll lock up when we're done :p

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by filthycute
    Unless Franck just tells the Hall manager to leave the keys and we'll lock up when we're done :p
    Seems unlikely, but since the party finishes at 1.30am, it will already be past your bed time anyway
    There are a couple of 24 hours places in Sauchiehall Street where you can get food & drink at any time (only 3 minutes walk from the Hill Street Travelodge for example )

Just a quick final note, I will not be reserving tickets in advance, if you need a ticket, make sure you send a cheque (£10.00 per ticket payable to Ceroc Scotland) to: Ceroc Scotland, 5 Thorndene Court, Falkirk - FK1 5JY. Enclosing your address so I can send the tickets to you.

There is a very good chance the night will be a sell-out in the next couple of weeks, as everyone I have been speaking to will be going! Plus we have 4/5 groups coming over from England (North and South), including some Ceroc teachers...
    So don't delay, get these tickets, or you will be disappointed!

Franck.

Seems unlikely, but since the party finishes at 1.30am, it will already be past your bed time anyway
    There are a couple of 24 hours places in Sauchiehall Street where you can get food & drink at any time (only 3 minutes walk from the Hill Street Travelodge for example )
    Ok that makes a BIG difference I'm sure i'm not the only one who likes somewhere to go to chill and wind down after dancing.
    OK then i'll be in the hotel where everyone else is then
    Just a quick final note, I will not be reserving tickets in advance, if you need a ticket, make sure you send a cheque (£10.00 per ticket payable to Ceroc Scotland) to: Ceroc Scotland, 5 Thorndene Court, Falkirk - FK1 5JY. Enclosing your address so I can send the tickets to you.
    My cheque is on it's way

filthycute x x

Wind Down!!!!!!!!!!

Wind down after dancing!!!!!! THat must be the understatement of the year!!
    Since when did you wind down? Do the words' Hoagies', 'conga' and 'limbo dancing' ring any bells?
    I rest my case!!!!!! The only time I've EVER seen you wound down was after a large chicken kebab and hamburger on Saturday night , when you fell asleep in the back of my car on the way home from Marco's !!!! ( They do say there's a first time for everything!!)

Heather

Re: Wind Down!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Heather
    Wind down after dancing!!!!!! THat must be the understatement of the year!!
    Since when did you wind down? Do the words' Hoagies', 'conga' and 'limbo dancing' ring any bells?
    I rest my case!!!!!! The only time I've EVER seen you wound down was after a large chicken kebab and hamburger on Saturday night , when you fell asleep in the back of my car on the way home from Marco's !!!! ( They do say there's a first time for everything!!)
    Hahaha after Sheena's comments on another thread about me "allegedly" sleeping people might start to get the impression i run on duracell.....erm..ok ....probably not a good choice of words, but then was i ever good with words? Honestly i do sleep....occasionallly....if it's a full moon Oh and i'm a car person....travelling always makes me sleepy. (Can see me getting bundled in the back of a taxi after 10th party. "yeah mate can you just drive around till she drops off?")

If there's dancing to be done.....why sleep??

filthycute x x

Originally posted by lorna
    As for the rest of the gang up here in Aberdeen, well, I have been annoncing it on stage and will be really pushing it over the next couple of weeks. It has already stirred up a bit of excitement, so yes, I hope that there will be a big crowd of us venturing down south, ready to boogie!!!
    See you all there,

lotsa love Lorna x-x
    Well no surprise - the two Sandra's will be there - I think I bought the first 2 tickets!

Where is everyone staying? Don't want to miss out on the "after party" fun!

Going by car for a bit of retail therapy first and then a couple of drinks in some nice bar and then dance the night away and then fall into some nice bed somewhere but haven't booked anything yet.

Cheers

Sandy

Originally posted by Sandy

...... dance the night away and then fall into some nice bed somewhere but haven't booked anything yet.

Ever hopeful?

Originally posted by John S

Ever hopeful?
    Cheeky....and greedy!

Sandy

Blog Entries

Wink Good news and bad news...

OK guys, just a quick update on the PARTY! as it is now officially known.

First the bad news! I am down to the last few tickets. I have given Scot a few for the Edinburgh and Dundee nights, so you can grab them before they disappear. Both Lorna & Ross have a few tickets left in Glasgow, but probably for the last week. In Aberdeen, I will be taking a dozen tickets with me tomorrow (Tuesday), so get them early if you don't have them already.

Anyone wishing to buy tickets, must email me and send a cheque as soon as possible, as I will not be holding tickets for anyone and you will not be allowed in without a ticket as the night will be sold out

Now for the good news
    It looks like the 10th Anniversary will be the biggest event we have ever organized in Scotland, with over 300 people turning up for the celebrations... Many teachers from down South, confirmed they would also be attending, so it will also be one of best mix of dancers we have ever had.
    Anyone still hesitating, I would say "Don't", you will regret missing it for a long time!

Franck.

Confirmed Forum Plant Basil Brush (Forum Plant)'s Avatar
    BIT LATE, BUT ANY TICKETS LEFT?

WHERE IS THE VENUE????

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Basil Brush
    BIT LATE, BUT ANY TICKETS LEFT?

WHERE IS THE VENUE????
    Dear Mr Brush,

There are a few tickets left at some venues. You can also buy them directly from me by sending a cheque for £10.00 per ticket (payable to Ceroc Scotland), to Ceroc Scotland, 5 Thorndene Court, Falkirk - FK1 5JY.
    I only have about 20 tickets left in the office though, so you had better be quick (should not be a problem for a fox )

The venue is the beautiful "Henry Wood Hall" in the west-end of Glasgow and the night starts at 8.30pm 'til 1.30am.

Franck.

Thread Information