Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10th Anniversary Party

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

10th Anniversary Party

Hi guys,

Just a quick note to say that the tickets for the 10th Anniversary party in Glasgow on Saturday 23rd November (8.30pm to 1.30am) @ the Henry Wood Hall, are now available for sale at Glasgow & Aberdeen venues, or directly from me at the office (just email / phone to reserve tickets, and send a cheque £10.00 per ticket payable to Ceroc Scotland).

The programme for the party is now almost complete. I can confirm that Jean Harris (who started the first night in Scotland) will be there, and James & Janie Cronin, who started Ceroc in the UK will also be making a guest appearance!
    I have decided to make the party a Ceroc Ceilidh, so we will have just over an hour of Ceilidh (Scottish traditional) dancing in the middle of the night! Perfect for all your non ceroc-ing friends and visitors from South of the border
    The music will be provided by 2 incomparable DJs: Ceroc Jock (Robert) and Curtain (Paul), so the mix on the night should be both explosive and varied!

I am still planning a few more extras for the night, but will keep those under wraps.

So! Make sure you get your tickets as soon as possible, as I have already sold 30 tickets to various people down South! and I will limit the numbers to make sure we all can have a good night dancing.

Commercial Operator
    Well, as I am completely bloody hopless and shall miss the comp...... I hope to meet many of you here.

Looking forward to meeting the curtain. Get your bloody haircut, hippy!!

Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
    why does that make me think of the words "Pot" and "kettle" ??

filthycute x x

The Oracle
    Are there any hotels near the hall. We can't make the competition, and don't want to miss both big events.

David

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    Are any Aberdeen or Dundee dancers willing to travel waaay down to Glasgow ?

Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
    Are any Aberdeen or Dundee dancers willing to travel waaay down to Glasgow ?
    Yup I'll be there....with bells on!

filthycute x x

Silly Question!!!!!

What a silly question Scathe!!!! Will there be any Dundee dancers at the Glasgow party!!!!!!
    Is the Pope a Catholic?????? Since when have we missed a good party!?Of course we'll be there !

Heather

Absolutely !! I'm really looking forward to it. Can't wait to see James and Janie Cronin again, I'm glad that they are making the effort to join in the celebrations. As for the rest of the gang up here in Aberdeen, well, I have been annoncing it on stage and will be really pushing it over the next couple of weeks. It has already stirred up a bit of excitement, so yes, I hope that there will be a big crowd of us venturing down south, ready to boogie!!!

I believe that our resident DJ, aka 'Curtain' will also be making his debut down there. Be prepared, he's a bit mad and not easily forgotten.

See you all there,

lotsa love Lorna x-x

Originally posted by lorna
    I believe that our resident DJ, aka 'Curtain' will also be making his debut down there. Be prepared, he's a bit mad and not easily forgotten.

Lorna x-x
    Ahhh young DJ Curtain on the main stage, makes the admission price worth it by itself. Will he be forced to have a haircut if he's going to be presented to Ceroc royalty?

(Can I put a request in for Cantaloop now Curtain?)

Originally posted by Gus

Ahhh young DJ Curtain on the main stage, makes the admission price worth it by itself. Will he be forced to have a haircut if he's going to be presented to Ceroc royalty?

(Can I put a request in for Cantaloop now Curtain?)
    I'm taking up cantaloop tonight when i go to visit the young curtain. Should go down a storm

Now Curtain don't get all excited cause i'm coming to visit

filthycute x x

Lorna - You're giving these people the wrong impression of me. Don't worry everyone, I'm more normal than Lorna, believe me!!

Gus - Perhaps instead of me cutting my hair for the "Ceroc Royality", the "Ceroc Royality" should grow their hair for me? Just an idea!! I feel my appearance is getting built up too much, if you could all tone it down a bit (the punters might think something interesting's going to happen).

Filthy - Your appearance tonight was instantly forgettable, it was like you weren't even there!! Only kidding!! It was lovely to see you again, it must of been such a relief to get out of Dundee for the night!! Only Kidding!! Thanks for bringing up your entire CD collection, I can only hope you had a good time.

p.s. Laura? David Bowie doesn't count as Heavy Metal dear. Promise to play a cheesier set next week.

Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
    Well, as I am completely bloody hopless and shall miss the comp...... I hope to meet many of you here.

Eh!! I haven't even met you and already you are slagging my hair do. I'd hold judgement, I think you'll be mightly impressed by my mop. I look forward to meeting you to Ceroc Jock, it will be an honour.

By the way, if you play a better set than me you're dead.

Commercial Operator
    see FC's reply.

I assumed we would just repeat the same songs no? In fact, lets just use a computer cos us dj's are over-rated and surplus to requirements.

Brilliant

What was I thinking, of course ...

We'll make the CD's up on Friday night and stand at the bar all Saturday. They'll never notice!!

Re: Brilliant

Originally posted by Curtain
    What was I thinking, of course ...

We'll make the CD's up on Friday night and stand at the bar all Saturday. They'll never notice!!
    no we won't
    thats what you normally do...isn't it?

filthycute x x

Oh you know i'm only teasing
    We'd be lost without you both Looking forward to hearing both your great sets in November

Accomodation

Coming back to a question from big Dave that never got answered....

ANy recommendations for good cheap hotels in the area, particulalry on a pay by room basis? There's a posse from Nantwich looking to come up but the younger lasses aren't exactly rolling in riches so accomodation at the 'ecomony' end of the scale would be good.

Also heard ther may also be a posse coming up from Blitz Sheffield. Looks like the Scots reputation for hospitality and good events is spreading.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    http://www.s-h-systems.co.uk/musselburgh-price.html

there ya go

seems like a good list of per-room hotels and b&b's

Sorry, miscommunication. I was actualy after hotels for the 10 year party in Glasgow.

Last edited by Gus; 16th-October-2002 at 01:07 PM.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    oops no i think it was me that posted musselburgh hotels to a topic clearly entitled '10th anniversary party' - what a complete muppet. Not your fault .

http://www.direct-hotels.co.uk/uk/glasgow/

is probably a bit better . apologies

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Accommodation

Originally posted by Gus
    Any recommendations for good cheap hotels in the area, particulalry on a pay by room basis? There's a posse from Nantwich looking to come up but the younger lasses aren't exactly rolling in riches so accommodation at the 'ecomony' end of the scale would be good.
    I am finally getting round to replying to this thread, now that the Comp. is over...

Here are a few affordable suggestions for accommodation close to the Party venue (ie less than 5 minute walk).

The cheapest hotel I could find nearby is the Kelvingrove Hotel:
    The Kelvingrove Hotel
    944 Sauchiehall Street
    Glasgow
    G3 7TH
    _
    Tel: 0141 339 5011
    Fax: 0141 339 6566
    E-mail: kelvingrove.hotel@business.ntl.com

Here are their prices:
    Room Only / Bed & Breakfast

Single Room
    £33.00 / £38.00

Twin/Double Room
    £24.00 / £29.00

Family/Triple Rooms
    £20.00 / £25.00

Quadruple
    £16.00 / £21.00

Next if you are looking for more up-market accommodation, is the Marriott hotel
    Marriott Glasgow
    500, Argyle St
    Glasgow Lanarkshire G3_8RR
    Tel: 0141 226 5577
    With prices at £84.00 bed and breakfast for a double / twin room, but there would be a discount if we booked over 10 rooms at once, so let me know if you are interested, and I can negotiate something.

Finally, you can always rely on Travelodge Rooms are quoted online at £45.00 per room (double / twin). Breakfast is extra.

I hope this helps, and if anyone has other recommendations to make or indeed would like to warn about some "bad" hotels, please post here!

Franck.

Thread Information