Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Time for Heroes

Originally posted by Grant

so she does still lead then

Grant
    Only if asked to!!!!!!!!!

And you know Grant - I am such a shy, retiring wallflower I would HATE Franck to do that!!!!......no seriously I would - I'd hate all that booing and hissing - I never wanted to be the baddy in any of the school plays because they get boo'd !!!!!

Originally posted by bill foreman
    But I do have a feeling that I know who Veela is.......... and if I ask nicely I might be led charmingly through a dance
    Oh you think you know who I am?????? How did you work that out then???? Loads of people know about your red shoes!!!!!!

Anyway I will absolutely look forward to a dance with you - preferably with you doing the leading........and without dropping me on my head!

B.T.C.
    and since when have I dropped women on their head

But I'll try if you ask reallllllllllly nicely

Originally posted by Dancing Veela

We do need to sort out this Forum Corner and a time to meet up - Franck any suggestions for the time we could meet up? You'll know the schedule for Sunday!

We could put a notice up on the Results board about a time to meet up and the place once we've seen the venue and the schedule?????????
    I'm all for that! See you on Sunday or Saturday night??

Sandy

Originally posted by bill foreman
    and since when have I dropped women on their head

But I'll try if you ask reallllllllllly nicely

Oh but Bill - you have dropped me on my head!!!!!! Back in those bad old days when I threw myself into drops - actually there you go - Gus was right - let the girl fall on her head often enough and she will learn!!!!!!

I always ask reallllllllly nicely for anything I want - it's the best way to get it

FAO Dreadful Scathe!!!

I was just filling in some time - well skiving actually and was looking at some of the threads started before I joined, there is another similar and more recent thread going at the mo but this brought me a smile Dreadful Scathe - thanks
    Brian from Edinburgh (who once danced jive to 'bohemian rhapsody' in Dundee and made it look good!!!).

oh, thanks to the rest of the Ceroc teachers

I was Brian's dance partner to that record at dundee! although I would not have been the memorable one compared to Brian - it was such fun and have never danced it again, so I will always remember it - in a very posiative way!!!
    I had not been dancing very long and loved the way (and still do) that Brian interperts the music - mentally and physically challenging in a great way. He was my first jive dance partner
    ( actually at a leroc class) and I had not a clue what I was doing, but loved every minute of it and he was very patient!!

I found ceroc 2 weeks later and the 1st person I ever danced with at my 1st ceroc party was this chap from Aberdeen called Bill............. and hes not bad either!!!!

fran

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Re: FAO Dreadful Scathe!!!

Originally posted by Fran
    I was Brian's dance partner to that record at dundee! although I would not have been the memorable one compared to Brian - it was such fun and have never danced it again, so I will always remember it - in a very positive way!!!
    I remember it well - and apologies for not mentioning you specifically but the topic was about Male dancers I look up to. I doubt there are many here who could dance well to Bohemian Rhapsody - leadings OR followers It can be done though - so maybe theres a possible extra catagory for next competition - 'difficult music' - i suggest 'Anarchy in the UK' and Strauss's 'Blue Danube' as some other possibles

Re: Re: FAO Dreadful Scathe!!!

Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe

'difficult music' - ..... Strauss's 'Blue Danube'
    As this is in 3/4 time, I would have put it in the impossible category for ceroc?

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    you're ok with 'anarchy in the uk' though

Re: Re: FAO Dreadful Scathe!!!

I remember it well - and apologies for not mentioning you specifically but the topic was about Male dancers I look up to. I doubt there are many here who could dance well to Bohemian Rhapsody - leadings OR followers It can be done though - so maybe theres a possible extra catagory for next competition - 'difficult music' - i suggest 'Anarchy in the UK' and Strauss's 'Blue Danube' as some other possibles

well, Brian loves nothing better than a "challenge" as he calls it. And belive me we have danced to some challenging music in our time - not really at ceroc but at a few other venues .

I was'nt looking for recognition - it just brough a me a big
    smile when i saw it, so thanks.

fran

Re: Re: Re: FAO Dreadful Scathe!!!

Originally posted by Graham

As this is in 3/4 time, I would have put it in the impossible category for ceroc?
    errrm, not quite... Tom Jones' Delilah (sp?) is 3/4 time but just about cerocable - or was I slightly drunk that Vegas night???

Jayne

you're ok with 'anarchy in the uk' though
    I'm ok with classifying it as difficult! Perhaps Fran could persuade Brian to give it a whirl.

Re: Re: Re: Re: FAO Dreadful Scathe!!!

Originally posted by Jayne
    errrm, not quite... Tom Jones' Delilah (sp?) is 3/4 time but just about cerocable
    Ok, this I have to see. I've just been trying to mentally dance to it (unlike you I'm not prepared to investigate how long it'll take my colleagues to get on the phone to the funny farm) and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to ceroc to it. However, I'm happy to admit that you're a better dancer than I am, and I'm even prepared to follow your lead to it - I'll be sure to bring the CD tonight!

- or was I slightly drunk that Vegas night???
    I couldn't possibly comment (or at least not until after the above demonstration )

Commercial Operator
    What's difficult about "Anarchy.....?"

It's in 4/4 (i.e. 4 beats in the bar) and has a good tempo. Surely just comes down to taste, no?

On the subject of, erm, challenges... occasionally @ party nights I'll play "It's Oh So Quiet,! by Bjork. Some 3/4 time, some 4/4 time. Gives beginners a rest and the intermediates a challenge!!

An Eclectic Toaster

Re: Re: Re: Re: FAO Dreadful Scathe!!!

errrm, not quite... Tom Jones' Delilah (sp?) is 3/4 time but just about cerocable - or was I slightly drunk that Vegas night???
    I suspect, Graham, it was as much to do with my lead as with the amount of alcohol consumed.:sorry

Another song by "Jones the Voice", describes Jayne, drink and Vegas pretty well but it's more than my life is worth to continue this train of thought... :p

99! D'oh!

Originally posted by Ceroc Jock

On the subject of, erm, challenges... occasionally @ party nights I'll play "It's Oh So Quiet,! by Bjork. Some 3/4 time, some 4/4 time. Gives beginners a rest and the intermediates a challenge!!
    I think that is such a fun song to dance with - well it is if your partners up for it!! otherwise it can be a bit of a painful experience - for them!!

I'm ok with classifying it as difficult! Perhaps Fran could persuade Brian to give it a whirl.
    Graham
    Gosh he would be up for anything and all I do is follow ..........well that is not quite true. I try to follow and Brian along with Bill hide my mistakes and are very patient with me.

Fran

Bryony and I used this track for the airsteps championships at Beach Boogie - it has great variations of pace and some nice breaks. It's nice to have both fast and slow sections without having to chop two tracks together.

It was interesting how our plans changed over time - originally nearly all the aerials were to the "quick bits" - by the time of the competition all the hard work was in the slow sections.

I always think "Take Five" would be a good challenge myself...

Dave

Blog Entries
    Ok - would some expert help me figure out how to dance Modern Jive in 3/4 time.

Originally posted by Lou

Ok - would some expert help me figure out how to dance Modern Jive in 3/4 time.
    You find a track where the first beat of the bar is strong (Stuart, which type of waltz was it? Russian? Austrian??) and you dance on that beat, so instead of dancing alternate beats (as in normal ceroc) you dance every third beat - the music is usually fast enough to get a slow ceroc out of it.

Give it a go!

Jayne

Blog Entries
    You find a track where the first beat of the bar is strong and you dance on that beat, ....you dance every third beat - the music is usually fast enough to get a slow ceroc out of it.
    Aha...

So - say you had Golden Brown by the Stranglers ...

{Beat}/Gold/en
    Brown,/{Beat}/ {Beat}
    Text/ure/like
    Sun,/{Beat}/ {Beat}
    {Beat}/Lays/Me
    Down,/{Beat}/ {Beat}
    With/my/mind
    She/runs/ {Beat}

....you'd dance on the bold. I'd love to try it & see how tricky it is...

Cheers!

Thread Information