Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Time for Heroes

Originally posted by Dancing Veela

it would be fun to meet up at a certain point in the night in Forum Corner or something???????
    That's a good idea.

I'm only dancing in the Lucky Dip - nobody asked me to dance in anything else
    I'm surprised an outspoken woman like yourself waited to be asked

Grant

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    Forum Corner isnt a bad idea - Franck can have seperate awards for most posts, most obscene post, most interesting post, er.. FC could do well . Theres only a few of us really who have aliases and it will be such a let down when anyone meets me . Does Franck mention the forum at his classes? as it seems to have grown quite a bit in the last few months.

As Bill said - only 3 in advanced catagory ! I hope that improves - a guaranteed place for all there but i imagine most of us want to see the advanced dancers - and even if those 3 are all Scottish entries, theres no way theres only 3 advanced couples in the whole of Scotland...or are they all qualified Ceroc teachers and can't enter?

DS - I moved this to the Scottish Champs thread!!! Just incase Franck missed it here!!!!

As for me waiting to be asked Grant.........if anyone out there is still looking for a partner for the Intermediate - either sex will do (but I'm pretty rubbish as a man!!!!!!! - Mind you many may say that about my being led too!!!!)

Oh maybe I should put out an add on the other thread?

Oh maybe I should put out an add on the other thread?
    It's worth a try. I hadn't realised there were so few entries so far. Part of the attraction for me was the thought of watching the best dancers in action.

Perhaps Franck might want to take entries on the day. Then you could look for some willing soul when you get there.

Grant

it would be fun to meet up at a certain point in the night in Forum Corner or something???????

Yeah we definately need a meeting point....hows about the bar?

Anyone sees me on Saturday night i'll be the ginger swinger in the red flarey trousers and red floaty top (well thats what i'll be wearing for the first half hour anyway) come and introduce yourself if i don't recognise you

filthycute x x

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar
    Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe

Girls - Avril, Lisa, Laura,Elsie, Sheena

Now I'm intrigued - who are you????????????????? I have danced with you and I 've no idea?:sorry

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

I'll see you on Sunday might as well maintain the mystery for a few more days

I'll see you on Sunday might as well maintain the mystery for a few more days

I agree DS - the only thing is I'm not sure how many Scottish men from the forum will dance with me after I reveal who I am

We do need to sort out this Forum Corner and a time to meet up - Franck any suggestions for the time we could meet up? You'll know the schedule for Sunday!

We could put a notice up on the Results board about a time to meet up and the place once we've seen the venue and the schedule?????????

The Oracle
    We do need to sort out this Forum Corner
    Wouldn't that form a clique???

Franck any suggestions for the time we could meet up? You'll know the schedule for Sunday!
    Perhaps Franck could give us a break from dancing at some point by introducing the forum members to the whole gathering as in "Dancing Veela please come forward now and reveal your true identity". As you step onto the floor we could all then clap, cheer, boo or hiss as the mood takes us. Only prolific contributors need to be introduced of course - nobody who has made as few postings as me would need to get up!
    Think of the interest it would generate in the Forum.

How about it Franck?

Grant

I think a forum corner is a great idea - it would only be a clique if we all danced with each other. Maybe we could al wear red carnations and meet under the clock?

Jayne

Originally posted by Jayne
    I think a forum corner is a great idea .... Maybe we could al wear red carnations and meet under the clock?

Jayne
    Think carnations would be too hard to spot ... need something really noticeable ..... say, for instance, bright orange trousers. Hey ... theres a coincidence, I seem to have a pair handy for just such an event.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    got a spare pair ?

Nigel (from 'Nigel & Nina' ) was wearing bright orange trousers at the weekend there - must be these proffessional dancer types that wear 'em .

'Hands up if you post to forum' will do on the day maybe

Originally posted by Gus

need something really noticeable ..... say, for instance, bright orange trousers.
    At the Edinburgh party night recently I instantly realised who you were when I saw the orange trousers even though I had never seen you before.
    Do you really want to give that up by having us all dress the same way??

Grant

Originally posted by Grant

At the Edinburgh party night recently I instantly realised who you were when I saw the orange trousers even though I had never seen you before.
    Do you really want to give that up by having us all dress the same way??

Grant
    Well the real reason is so that I could merge into the background! the truth is they are extremely comfortable trousers to dance in .. but a bit ostentatious.

Originally posted by Gus

Think carnations would be too hard to spot ... need something really noticeable ..... say, for instance, bright orange trousers. Hey ... theres a coincidence, I seem to have a pair handy for just such an event.
    Orange trousers??? On me?? With my hair! Jeez i would look even more tangoed than you

filthycute x x

B.T.C.
    got a spare pair ?

Nigel (from 'Nigel & Nina' ) was wearing bright orange trousers at the weekend there - must be these proffessional dancer types that wear 'em .

'Hands up if you post to forum' will do on the day maybe

ah so you were at Pitlochry then......................well that narrows it down ...............what a pity I didn't actyally think of a name for myself. Bit late now though. Always was a little slow on the uptake

But I do have a feeling that I know who Veela is.......... and if I ask nicely I might be led charmingly through a dance

ok I'm thinking the most recognisable person at the event is going to be Gus so if you (for instance Jayne) track him down he can introduce you to me, then i can can introduce you to Sheena and the rest of the MAd. squad i know....you can then introduce me to Graham and the rest of your MAd. crew......hey presto! The forum is united

Just gotta find The orange or flashing trousers

filthycute x x

Originally posted by bill foreman

I ask nicely I might be led charmingly through a dance
    so she does still lead then

Grant

Originally posted by filthycute

Just gotta find The orange or flashing trousers

filthycute x x
    Apologies in advance but the flashing tousers will be packed for the NZ trip. Fear not I may waer my other pair of club trousers which are also somewhat visible ... and possibly in hideous taste .... but what the heck.:p

Thread Information